Has Disney Junior changed it's image?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Ever since they announced that Playhouse Disney would be changing it's name to Disney Junior and launching their own channel of the same name it was great news that Disney was trying to attract more of the age groups between 3 to 7 and the older toddlers as well and when Disney Junior was officially launched on cable I think Disney wanted to compete with Nickelodeon's Nick Jr. channel and try to add shows that would be used to market merchandise and it worked well. But if you look at Disney Junior you'll notice how much different it has become compared to when it was Playhouse Disney. Take for instance Playhouse Disney used to have a variety of live-action shows such as Imagination Movers Johnny And The Sprites Out Of The Box and other toddler appealing live action shows. But if you look at Disney Junior gone are the live action shows and now they are obsessed with cartoons and it seems that every hit show that Disney Junior has is a cartoon and I think Disney is trying to say that cartoons are more successful than live action shows. And it must be true because when Mickey Mouse Clubhouse debuted it has became a monster hit and spun-off many shows such as Minnie's Bow-Tique and Halloween Christmas and Easter specials every year. Another thing that Disney Junior has done is that any time they announce a new cartoon there is a movie based on it first. Take for instance when the movie Sofia The First Once Upon A Princess debuted on Disney Junior it was a hit worldwide then once the movie came out a Sofia The First cartoon series followed later on and once Disney Junior saw the success of this they made spin-off after spin-off of Sofia The First and the same thing with Doc McStuffins as well. Another cartoon series that did this was Elena Of Avalor and when Elena Of Avalor debuted it was a huge hit and also spun off many movies too but the the thing that always bothered me with Elena Of Avalor was that Disney chose to market her with Disney Junior rather than put her in the Disney Princess line and if Elena Of Avalor was put in the princess line it would've been a lot better. And now it seems that the three top Disney Junior shows now are Alice's Wonderland Bakery Mira Royal Detective and Spidey and His Amazing Friends and I cannot see how Marvel and Disney Junior designed this series although it is cool I think Disney Junior is planning to make a Marvel Jr. block of cute Marvel shows aimed at the younger set. A final thing that Disney Junior does even when they were Playhouse Disney was have music stars then makes them release an album later on. Take for example Disney Junior had Choo-Choo Soul videos shown nearly day and because of this Choo-Choo Soul released albums and the same thing with Wayne Brady The Wiggles Imagination Movers They Might Be Giants Dan Zanes Ralph's World and The Doodlebops and because of this Disney Junior has grown into a huge empire that will never stop growing. If Disney were to create a spin-off of Disney Junior called Classic Disney Junior with all the classic Playhouse Disney shows and cartoons such as The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh it would be a huge hit if it was to exist

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter