Have You Ever Seen a Guest Being Naughty at WDW?

rastahomie

Registered
A thread about outrageous complaints has led me to ask: Have you ever seen a guest at the World doing something they shouldn't do? I'm not talking about berating a CM or being mean to their family-- that happens all the time (unfortunately). I'm talking about stuff like jumping into World Showcase Lagoon for a swim, or trying to climb to the top of the Mexico pyramid.

As for me, I remember seeing a guy bring a glass beer bottle to the pool at Pop (even though the signs said "No Glass" all over the pool area). Sure enough, within seconds he'd knocked the beer over and sent shards of glass everywhere. Unfortunately, that guy was me. :bitelip:

or trying to climb to the top of the Mexico pyramid.
^I remember reading about this on the Screamscape website. Some guy tried this either last year, or the year prior. Not a smart move.

Luckily, we've never witnessed any horrible behavior at the parks. Just the traditional flash photography in dark rides and shows, but nothing serious. Now when I was growing up and we visited Six Flags Over Georgia, there was all sorts of bad behavior. One incident, a child in front of us while waiting in line for the Log Flume was using a lighter and trying to start a fire on the wood hand rails. When an employee saw what he was doing, she just shook her head slowly. That place always seemed to have fights and security issues. The last time we visited SFOG was back in 2007, and it seemed like the place had cleaned up nicely and beefed up security quite a bit.

I've seen several people try to climb up the Mayan pyramid at the Coronado Springs pool area. The lifeguards usually get there pretty quickly to get the offenders down...

At DL saw someone swimming to Tom Sawyer's Island after the island had closed for the day. Security scrambled for that one ...

Not necessarily being naughty, but I did see security surround a diaper bag that was left until a K-9 unit showed up and checked the bag. I got a picture of it somewhere. First and only time I saw security.

I also put my hand beyond a railing to take a picture of the front of Mickey's TV. It set off an alarm and I scooted my daughter out of Mikey's house pretty quick. I was hoping that there was a video display because of Disney's attention to detail, But it was just a white piece of plastic with a light flashing behind it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter