Have you ever seen celebrities at DL?

mysteriouspnai said:
Do you think if the Niners win this year, the MVP'll have the parade the day after the Superbowl? I'd stay an extra day for the parade :)

The parade will be in San Francisco the Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday after the game.

larina said:
The parade will be in San Francisco the Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday after the game.

Sorry, wrong parade. You're talking about the MVP thing, not the victory parade.

I saw Travis Barker from Blink 182 pushing a stroller in front of the castle one day. Last year my sister and I saw Nicholas Cage walk by us and go into the exit for Buzz Lightyear. That was awesome. :cool1: In December we saw Edward James Olmos by Big Thunder Ranch. He was that night's candlelight narrator.

Not at Disneyland but when I was about 12 I saw Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman at Knott's. They are both so tiny, I swear there were probably rollercoasters that they weren't allowed to ride.

They were with the fam, so we left them alone. First time I ever saw celebs though.

Drew Carey
Ryan Stiles
Colin Mochrie
Wayne Brady
...all four riding Grizzling River Rapids together. When they got off, we got autographs. I didn't feel bad bothering them because it was during an ABC Weekend, so they were all technically there for work.

Same trip, George Lopez was in the room next to us GCH.

John Ritter, wife and kid walked (quickly) past us in DCA.

Hugh Hefner and the Dahm triplets - exiting Space Mountain

Paul Pressler -- Haha, does that count? Ha.

And also, as a Seattlite, this is a big deal: Jay Buhner. It was September 12, 2001. (Day after 9/11.) The Mariners were in town to play the Angels on 9/11, but the game was cancelled.

My friends and I were in DL on 9/12 and ran into Jay Buhner and his family. I told my friends to leave them alone, don't ask for pix or autographs. We were in the Indy line behind them. We did say hi and that we were fans though. He seemed to respect that, and kept turning around to talk to US the whole way through the queue! So cool. :)

This morning we saw Matthew Lillard (shaggy from scooby doo movies) and family going for a canoe ride. We were two rows behind him.

Have seen lots of celebrities at DL.:thumbsup2 Four years ago, I was walking past the "Smoking Area" near the raft ride to pirate island. A CM stopped me and told he was the interpreter for a group of Japanese business men having a smoke break in the smoking area. I looked towards them when the CM pointed their way, all of them started bowing towards me. The Cm politely asked if I was ????, I said NO, who is ????. He said ???? was an american actor popular on Japanese television and the Japanese gentlemen all thought I was him. He then asked if I would pose for photos with the small group(7 or 8 of them). Hey, what the heck, I am on vacation, so I said so. We had several group pictures and each one wanted individual pictures shaking my hand and standing side by side smiling. All the while, all of them are bowing repeatably and thanking me in broken english. Quite a crowd had gathered around us watching all of this. When this was over the Cm thanked me for my time and quietly told me I should probally go ride the train and get out of the area. My wife(she was laughing the entire time) grabbed me by the arm arm and off we went to the train station. I have no idea who they thought I was:scratchin but, they took home a lot of pictures of all of us. Had almost the same thing happen in downtown San Fransisco the following year.:cool1:

John Stamos
Dyln McDermott
And, I can't remember his name, but they guy that played the mayor on Spin City.

Have seen lots of celebrities at DL.:thumbsup2 Four years ago, I was walking past the "Smoking Area" near the raft ride to pirate island. A CM stopped me and told he was the interpreter for a group of Japanese business men having a smoke break in the smoking area. I looked towards them when the CM pointed their way, all of them started bowing towards me. The Cm politely asked if I was ????, I said NO, who is ????. He said ???? was an american actor popular on Japanese television and the Japanese gentlemen all thought I was him. He then asked if I would pose for photos with the small group(7 or 8 of them). Hey, what the heck, I am on vacation, so I said so. We had several group pictures and each one wanted individual pictures shaking my hand and standing side by side smiling. All the while, all of them are bowing repeatably and thanking me in broken english. Quite a crowd had gathered around us watching all of this. When this was over the Cm thanked me for my time and quietly told me I should probally go ride the train and get out of the area. My wife(she was laughing the entire time) grabbed me by the arm arm and off we went to the train station. I have no idea who they thought I was:scratchin but, they took home a lot of pictures of all of us. Had almost the same thing happen in downtown San Fransisco the following year.:cool1:

:rotfl2:

Post a picture of yourself and we will try to guess :happytv:

Let me state first I am a Boston Celtics fan living in So CALI.

Last year we saw Kobe Bryant and his wife and kids all sit down next to us at Storyteller's. It was lunch on a week day. It was quiet in Storytellers. Not allot of people at all. And none of the guests eating seemed to care one bit. (I didn't, lol).

I saw Evil Dick last summer.

For a long time every time I saw a family/group/crowd with the CM's in the plain vest I figured celebrity. But not anymore. It appears so many families are paying and having private tour CM's for their vacations at DL.

A few years ago I literally bumped into Mel Gibson in New Orleans square (walking and looking at decorations). He was very gracious when I apologized. I didn't realize who he was until my husband pointed it out. Last fall my ds7 and I saw half the cast of "good luck Charlie" on the Matterhorn and "Gabe" smiled and waved at my DS when he shouted his name.

We saw Larry King with his latest wife and two of their kids. They were on the fire truck taking photos with a DL photographer and there was a Plaid with them. We didn't recognize them at first; all I saw was four people on the fire truck and I wanted my family to get on! The plaid stopped us and said no, it was a private tour and that's when DH said hey, that's Larry King. His kids were cute.

This is soooo not a celebrity, but I was in line for the Haunted Mansion behind Casey from the Bachelor and Bachelor Pad last year--the one that dated that awful Vienna chick. There was one woman between us and I was grinning and trying not to laugh at loud at her as she had makeup drawn on like she'd been drunk when she put it on and she had extensions that were coming out of her hair. She was just a mess. He saw me grinning and he smiled back at me. I had to look away so he didn't continue to think I was smiling at him. :-) No plaid CM with him.
I also happened to be there in Toontown on the day they were filming Modern Family and saw a bunch of the cast. They were filming though, not riding.

For a long time every time I saw a family/group/crowd with the CM's in the plain vest I figured celebrity. But not anymore. It appears so many families are paying and having private tour CM's for their vacations at DL.
Club 33 members now get 5 private tours per year. They can give them away to others. This may be why you see more plaids with private tours in the parks. It's a use or lose benefit, so you may see a lot of tours in November in December - generated by Club 33 members getting their tours in for the year.

DD and I have seen a lot of Disney Channel stars: The mom from good luck charlie, the girls from shake it up chicago (Rocky and Cici), jake short from ant farm and the guy that played the wolf on Wizards of Wavery Place (Alex's boyfriend). We have also seen some kids from victorious. We have seen sports players too.

The Disney channel people dd has gone up to and asked to take a photo. They all have been great about it! They also will talk to her for a minute. THe mom from Good Luck Charlie was super awesome with DD.

The sports players we don't go up to.

Saw Zendaya from Shake it Up! on the way to the red carpet for Carsland Grand Opening. DBF and I and my family saw John Lasseter on top of a building during Media Preview Day. Met George Kalogridis while waiting for them to open the park on Grand Re-Opening.

Saw Kobe and his daughter late January 2008 on a Tuesday walking past Big Thunder Mtn. Had one CM hovering around. A few of us took some pictures of him (not with him), but otherwise he was left alone.

I'm going to move this thread over to the Disneyland Community forum, as it's not related to planning trips.

As Disney Dreams and Kerri/pixiewings71 have already mentioned, this subject has come up in many threads in the past. I've posted my other sightings in those threads.

It's interesting to read about who has been spotted more recently, as many of the celebrities are really big names. In the old, old, old days you'd never really see anyone extremely famous at Disneyland. These days, however, some of the most famous people have kids, and so they slap on their caps and sunglasses and try to wander around, unrecognized, in the parks.

As for celebrities I've recently seen, I experienced my biggest 'A-List celebrity' sighting to date just last month, on December 11th (A Tuesday afternoon). I saw Gwen Stefani, her (very handsome) husband Gavin Rossdale (of the rock band Bush) and their kids, a nanny and some random man on Buena Vista Street in DCA, near to where the Bell Ringers were performing. In fact, at one point Gwen strutted over to their area and I thought that she was about to join in with them, singing Christmas songs!:rotfl: (She was actually just alerting the random man that they were leaving before they all went through the turnstiles and headed across the Esplanade to DL.) Gavin was standing by himself for quite a while, and Gwen appeared to be getting something from First Aid.

I have a couple of pictures of the backside of Gavin and Gwen (especially Gavin) in my "Candlelight & Cannonballs" TR, which is linked below in my signature.

Another one of our DIS'ers - Laurie/DizNee Luver - saw Gwen before and after I saw Gwen on that same day in December 2012. Laurie first saw her in Cars Land, riding Mater's Junkyard Jamboree with one of her sons. Laurie's husband got a great, clear, close-up picture of Gwen on the ride, which is in her TR, entitled "10 Mths of WDW Planning Leads to...Disneyland!"

Then, later on, after I saw Gwen and family on BVS, Laurie again saw Gwen & company exiting POTC in DL! When they were getting off of Pirates they were apparently accompanied by security. When Laurie saw them in Cars Land (and when I saw them on Buena Vista Street), they were not accompanied by security!:confused3

In December 2011 (also on a Tuesday) I rubbed shoulders (literally) with well-known Disneyland fanatic Holly Madison (of "The Girls Next Door" fame). We were both caught in the same crowd of people in Town Square and she was heading one way while I was going in the opposite direction, so we bumped arms. Since I was right next to her I said "Holly," very quietly. She looked up and shyly smiled. That was it.

The day after I saw Holly Madison in Disneyland, I saw Zach Galifianakis of "The Hangover" fame (by himself) in the Grand Californian Hotel. I happened to be crying (and sick) at the moment (read about that mess in the "Aunt Betty's Weepy, Wacky, Wonderful..." TR in my signature below), so I was barely paying attention to anyone around me. I looked up as I was coming in from California Adventure and saw a familiar face headed in the opposite direction. I'm not sure where he was going. He could have been headed to DTD or to DCA, or he could have been headed to Napa Rose. Who knows? I realized who he was (I'm a big "Hangover" fan), and noticed that he had this look of "Oh no, someone recognized me. I hope she doesn't bother me." Either that, or the look was "Who is this crazy crying person staring at me?":rotfl::rotfl:

Because I was so distraught at the moment I didn't think much about seeing Zach for a while. It was only weeks later that I began to think, "Hmmm...I wonder if he was meeting up with some people at Napa Rose for a business meeting or something?" I think I read somewhere that there was some freeway footage shot last year in Orange County for the third "Hangover" movie (probably just scenes of the guys driving), if I'm not mistaken, so if that's accurate it's possible that Zach could have been at the GCH in Dec. 2011 for some sort of "Hangover"-related meeting. One never knows.

...And if I had seen Bradley Cooper strolling by himself through the GCH (as Zach was), you can bet I would have quickly snapped out of my weepy mood...and then probably fainted or stopped dead in my tracks, unable to speak.;)

So what I have learned is that Tuesday seems to be a good day to see famous people, and the GCH is probably a good spot to see them too (over the other 2 hotels).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter