Have you mailed out Christmas presents?

Im mailing out DH 1 christmas present friday. I have to wait until he gets paid so I actually have money to send it out :rotfl: You know with black friday and all, theres goes the money! :rolleyes1 DH will be coming home at the end of Jan, so he will get the rest of it then.

I would like to send a friend of mine stationed in Iraq some cookies as a surprise for Christmas. Do you happen to know how long it would take them to get there?

Thanks for your help.

sk8belle-my experience is 7 to 10 days for most locations-14 for the remote ones-if you get them out this week even with the volume of mail-he should get them in plenty of time.

I mailed Dh's out today, $30 :scared1: ! I should've bought smaller gifts so they'd fit in a flat rate box, lol.

I'm mailing DH's tomorrow, there was a CD he wanted and it releases tomorrow.

I'm really worried about it not getting to him in time. They only get mail when they hit port (which they just left) and he thinks the next port is Christmas, so I hope my box is waiting for him! They aren't porting at a base, just at a pier in country where we have no military, so I'm not exactly sure how they get the mail to him!

I would like to send a friend of mine stationed in Iraq some cookies as a surprise for Christmas. Do you happen to know how long it would take them to get there?

Thanks for your help.

Right now, mail is flowing pretty quickly. I mailed out a large christmas tree box and another box of stuff just last week and it arrived yesterday, seven days later.

Of course, mail is about to be really busy with everyone and their brother trying to send a box.

I mailed today, a flat rate box. It's mostly books and magazines and cookies, since he'll be back in January for "real" Christmas. Hopefully it'll still get there in time.

Ok...... we went to the Post office today and mailed a package to Iraq. The worker told me that the cut off to get it there by Christmas was the 4th... well, I am 6 days late:rolleyes1 I told her that I didn't really care to much, as long as he got the package sometime.

Thankfully, there are no gifts in there, I sent one in his bag for Christmas and a couple that he could open whenever.... he will be home mid Jan (we think) and he will get his Christmas gifts then.

But what I did send was......... almost 8 pounds of homemade cookies! These will be for him and whoever he wants to share with... I wrapped the cookies 4 to a ziplock and the kids put Christmas stickers on the bags. Then I put bubblewrap in the box, filled it with cookies and stuffed more bubble wrap all over till NOTHING moved!

So on my postoffice slip of what is in there:

"Lots and Lots of cookies and some bubble wrap"

They got a kick out of that at the postoffice!

Hopefully they won't be to smashed up when they get there!:love:

Ok...... we went to the Post office today and mailed a package to Iraq. The worker told me that the cut off to get it there by Christmas was the 4th... well, I am 6 days late:rolleyes1 I told her that I didn't really care to much, as long as he got the package sometime.

Thankfully, there are no gifts in there, I sent one in his bag for Christmas and a couple that he could open whenever.... he will be home mid Jan (we think) and he will get his Christmas gifts then.

But what I did send was......... almost 8 pounds of homemade cookies! These will be for him and whoever he wants to share with... I wrapped the cookies 4 to a ziplock and the kids put Christmas stickers on the bags. Then I put bubblewrap in the box, filled it with cookies and stuffed more bubble wrap all over till NOTHING moved!

So on my postoffice slip of what is in there:

"Lots and Lots of cookies and some bubble wrap"

They got a kick out of that at the postoffice!

Hopefully they won't be to smashed up when they get there!:love:

Wow! 8 pounds of cookies :) I've been putting dh's cookies in the glad tuppeware that's the size of the big flat rate size. I'm going to have to see how many pounds that is. I just sent him 2 of those so hopefully he won't run out until next month. I was on the phone with him earlier and he was telling me how his stomach was hurting....from eating too much cookies!:rotfl:

Wow! 8 pounds of cookies :) I've been putting dh's cookies in the glad tuppeware that's the size of the big flat rate size. I'm going to have to see how many pounds that is. I just sent him 2 of those so hopefully he won't run out until next month. I was on the phone with him earlier and he was telling me how his stomach was hurting....from eating too much cookies!:rotfl:

I probably should have looked into the flat rate box... but time was running short, so I just made the cookies and packed them up!

It was a double batch of "Andes' Creme de Menthe Chunk Cookies" (Andes' mint chocolate chips and the recp. on the package)... and a double batch of Pizzelles! So, yeah, a TON of cookies, but he will share! And if not, he will have a tummy ach as well!

I probably should have looked into the flat rate box... but time was running short, so I just made the cookies and packed them up!

It was a double batch of "Andes' Creme de Menthe Chunk Cookies" (Andes' mint chocolate chips and the recp. on the package)... and a double batch of Pizzelles! So, yeah, a TON of cookies, but he will share! And if not, he will have a tummy ach as well!

Oooo, I'm going to have to try that recipe. I did choc chip, butterscotch, peanut butter, peanut butter w/ reeses cup, white choc chip macadamia, tricolor (my FAV-I got a stomach ache from eating too much of that the other night, so I guess it runs in the family), white choc cranberry....I think that's all. It took me all day one sunday. He hasn't taken them into to work yet, b/c the second box just got there but I sure hope he shares:scared: .

Oooo, I'm going to have to try that recipe. I did choc chip, butterscotch, peanut butter, peanut butter w/ reeses cup, white choc chip macadamia, tricolor (my FAV-I got a stomach ache from eating too much of that the other night, so I guess it runs in the family), white choc cranberry....I think that's all. It took me all day one sunday. He hasn't taken them into to work yet, b/c the second box just got there but I sure hope he shares:scared: .

Wow! You made a ton of different kinds! Would you share the tricolor cookie recipe? I am always trying new kinds!! The mint ones are pretty good!

My hubby called today!!! And he said that he got the box of cookies today! So it really didn't take to long at all! He said that his room smells so good now because he has an open bag of them in there! He is going to take them to work with him tomorrow, but his roommate doesn't want him to! But there are plunty to share!

Do you know how much your flat rate box weighed? Does it end up holding a lot of cookies? You said that you put them in a glad wear first, right?? I might have to look into doing that next time. How do they travel? I was impressed that all of mine made it there unbroken! I did use a ton of bubble wrap though!

Wow that was fast!! That is really awesome, especially for this time of year. I think I did read somewhere that the post office and the military were really trying to get the stuff fast to the guys (and girls) in the sandbox. They understand how important it is for morale.

I'm mailing the other direction to a ship and it's not there yet...I have my fingers crossed!!

Wow! You made a ton of different kinds! Would you share the tricolor cookie recipe? I am always trying new kinds!! The mint ones are pretty good!

My hubby called today!!! And he said that he got the box of cookies today! So it really didn't take to long at all! He said that his room smells so good now because he has an open bag of them in there! He is going to take them to work with him tomorrow, but his roommate doesn't want him to! But there are plunty to share!

Do you know how much your flat rate box weighed? Does it end up holding a lot of cookies? You said that you put them in a glad wear first, right?? I might have to look into doing that next time. How do they travel? I was impressed that all of mine made it there unbroken! I did use a ton of bubble wrap though!

Sure I will definitely share the tricolor. I will pm it to you this weekend. I wish I could scan it and email it but I have no idea how to do that with dis mail...I have another one that you might like that I will include too. My boss made it and I ate 12 in a day! I think my weight ticker is about to go up;) I don't know how heavy the box was, but I'll have to look to see if I still have that declaration form that they give you. I put it in a glad wear then stuck it in the flat rate box, which was a perfect fit. It was the large rectangle tupperware. I'll have to ask dh how much I put in there. I just talked to him tonight and he told me that he's running out of cookies...b/c he shared them..awwww...:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter