Have you seen a cow in real life?

AquamarineSteph

DIS Veteran
I read this article online from a British website

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/31/one-eight-young-people-have-never-seen-cow-real-life/

and it made me curious.

So regardless of where you live or what your age group (This article focused on British young adults 18-24.), I want to know...have you seen a cow in real life?

And I'll answer my own question. Yes, I have seen a cow in real life. I'd seen a cow by the time I was old enough to know what I was seeing and put a name to it. My grandfather had cattle on his farm.

Yes, I probably saw my first cow before my first birthday. There were lots of cow pastures on the drive from my home to my grandmother's and my brother always got really excited to see them and would have my father honk the car horn. A couple of my aunts and uncles also had cows on their farms, so we would see them up close and personal a couple times a year.

Which variety?

My granddad at some point had over a 1000 head of red angus. They had dairy cows when I was small too. Thank god mom got rid of hers when they passed. Cows are kinda gross and scary. Delicious, but...

I've definitely seen a cow. Lots of farms where I live so lots of cows!

Seems kind of odd that anyone NEVER has. I live in the suburbs, but nearby there's a small educational farm with cattle. We're allowed to feed them lettuce and celery, and they absolutely love it. There's also a regional park with cattle grazing via grazing permits. I've gone hiking there and the cattle don't really seem to care. I have heard about one regional park in the San Francisco Bay Area where the cattle are more belligerent, go so far as to chase away hikers. We definitely have small scale cattle ranches in pretty much every county (except San Francisco) and many are visible from major roads. One of the more interesting areas is Point Reyes National Seashore, where the National Park Service leases out the land to cattle/dairy ranches. It's kind of complicated how that came to being, but they're still there. And of course at a county fair. Livestock exhibitions are supposed to be the backbone of most county fairs. Some of them are extremely pampered too. Then they get sold for meat.

Both sets of grandparents were farmers, so yeah I've seen a cow or two.

Seen lots of them mostly as driving by.

As a child, my friends showed cow for 4H and their extended family had farms so I would often go with them.

They have them at our big fair so I see them there too.

Not only saw them but owned a couple as a teenager showing cattle. Besides that we played this redic game called hey cow where if you saw cows in a pasture while driving you yelled hey cow to see how many you could get to turn around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter