Have you seen this on the transportation board?

I don't really think there is much that can be done about this. For a while (and perhaps still) the CMs were telling people to ride the SSR bus from any park to get to DTD as well. Truthfully, if you are a ticket holder or AP holder, you are entitled to any forms of transportation Disney provides. Even with the gates up at all the resorts, you are allowed access for just about anything you desire, so to me, they are there to deter people from using the parking lots for simply park parking, but are NOT there to deter traffic. Especially SSR, which DVC is currently marketing. They would never want to limit who could come through for a look if it might mean a sale.

Hopefully it won't become something that is very popular. My time is worth money to me so I would NEVER go this route to try to get around paying to park. Heck - it takes long enough to get there when we drive right in or take a bus from a resort lol I would NEVER want to have to add a walk at the end of my evening or the start of a new day!

But the CMs don't tell them how to get to DTD from SSR and which bus stop to get off. Then the guests at SSR have these strangers wandering around. Other guests should be told to take a bus to a resort then get the resort bus to DTD. Not to walk over from SSR. No other resort allows non-guests to wander around their resort unaccompanied.

If they want to use the spa, fine. If they want to play golf, fine. Just don't let them wander all over the resort trying to find a path through the tall grasses and trees to walk over to DTD.

You get people wandering around BWV and VWL and BCV all the time so why should it be any different at any of the other resorts that makes no sence sorry had to point that out.

Deb & Bill said:
But the CMs don't tell them how to get to DTD from SSR and which bus stop to get off. Then the guests at SSR have these strangers wandering around. Other guests should be told to take a bus to a resort then get the resort bus to DTD. Not to walk over from SSR. No other resort allows non-guests to wander around their resort unaccompanied.

Really? We've wandered the Grand Floridan, wandered around the Beach Club. Love walking through the grounds at the Poly (and I love shopping there, they always have a great Tommy Bahama selection). Its only recently that you can't go up the Contemporary to watch fireworks (but you can still watch them from the docks). We like visiting the WL. And looking at animals, the nice fire pits and stories, and the AKL gift shop are almost worth the ride. All Disney resorts allow non-guests to walk around unaccompanied. I've read reports from people here who make a day of it - particularly when the Christmas decorations are out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter