Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. We are still waiting for Hanna here in Connecticut. Got news from someone I know at Disney that she bought the Mickey soap for me at Basin with the colored Mickey Heads. Can't wait to give it to DD for a Christmas gift.

Gina

Evening Gals....Well today my mom called and said they were going to the Kane County Flea Market and DH came home heard about it so we dropped everything and met up with them.....It is such a bizzare place..you can buy junk, more junk, fine collectables, mums, fresh produce, more junk! It is fun looking at all the retro stuff peeps have to sell...This is one of the best flea markets in the country!

Now I am going to chill for awhile....Hey Chan hope those gals were a little nicer today! Think about what they will be like in middle school:scared:

Hi everyone. We are still waiting for Hanna here in Connecticut. Got news from someone I know at Disney that she bought the Mickey soap for me at Basin with the colored Mickey Heads. Can't wait to give it to DD for a Christmas gift.

Gina

WooHoo on the basin soap! I totally know which one it is..i brought back lots for gifts!

Maxie I just notices that you have 2 WDW trips coming up...lucky you:thumbsup2

As I've mentioned thinking about doing a split stay for the next trip...Ofcourse one resort will be the GF, just not sure about the other:confused3

Dawn I know you are the resident Basin expert...Just bought home the fall soaps...I cant believe how fragrant they are :) ...Put them in the bathrooms and the rooms smell wonderful:flower3: I'm thinking of getting more...do you know if you can call them directly to order???

Blueskies~ I am going to have to check out those fall soaps. I just decorated yesterday for fall with pumpkins and all. LOVE this time of year.

Dawn~ Thanks for the hotel info. Sounds like the flea market was fun. I need to go looking for some mums today.

Channing~ Yep...totally serious about the trip. I go back and forth every day so I am just ready for my TA to surprise me. We are probably only going to be there for 4 nights so I may just stay where I am at. I looked up a lot of info on the Deluxe Rooms over the last few days and they do look so big and roomy. Who knows! :wizard Did you decide on your trip??

Kelly~ Where are you??

Well- better get moving and get the kids ready for Sunday School. Have a great day! V

Maxie - hope the wind is not too bad on you. It is finally clear here. Just a couple of small tree limbs to pick up and get the deck furniture back out of the barn. I have been cleaning a lot today, DH's family is coming over for dinner tomorrow night. We are going to celebrate 3 birthdays. I just finished scrubbing the bathroom floors and now I have a few baseboards that I need to finish. Hope everyone is having a productive day. Thanks for all of the safe thoughts - Lisa.

Glad you didn't have any damage from the storm. We only have a few branches to pick up also. Haven't gone down the road yet to see how bad it is, :scared1: but I know we have a lot of work to do on it. We live at the end of a dead end street. There is a dirt road going up to our house and we have a stone driveway. We had a lot of heavy rain this summer and it just couldn't take any more. I can't complain though seeing what the people of Florida and the Gulf Coast are going through. I just can't imagine what it is like to have to evacuate every time a huricaine comes through.

As I've mentioned thinking about doing a split stay for the next trip...Ofcourse one resort will be the GF, just not sure about the other:confused3

We used to go every two years, but this is the 3rd year that we have gone 2 times a year. No kids in school any more so we can go any time. I love split stays, we are doing a DTD Hilton-Gaylord Palms split in December. Since we are not staying at the GF or the Poly, my second favorite, it almost doesn't seem like a Disney trip. You know you are really addicted when you don't even wait until you get back before planning another.:rotfl2: Have fun planning your split stay.

Maxie & Hobester~ Glad that the storms didnt affect you too much:)

And Maxie thanks for the split stay feed back...I'm always looking foward to the next trip:)

Vanessa~ You'll love the fall soaps (I'd post pics but still not doing well in that department) the bars are a soft white with different colored leaves through out and the scent is a spicy vanilla-incredible...:flower3: (hope I can get more??)

I love this time of year too...we are all decorated, just not pumpkins yet(thats next)...

Have a nice Sunday gals...

Talk to ya later:flower3:

BlueSkies - We just brought home the fall soaps also. We got some with all of the little leaves in it and the ones that looks like a pumpkin. They smell so wonderful you swear that they are edible!!:rotfl:

Dawn I know you are the resident Basin expert...Just bought home the fall soaps...I cant believe how fragrant they are :) ...Put them in the bathrooms and the rooms smell wonderful:flower3: I'm thinking of getting more...do you know if you can call them directly to order???
Hi! OMG now i want some of those soaps!!!!! Yes you can order from them...they have a website www.basinwhite.com if they are not on the website..call them directly 407-938-0355. Enjoy!!!! I am all out of my products, so now im just waiting to go and replenish!

Princesspaczi~ I bought the same soaps:thumbsup2 the leaves and the pumpkins.... and now I want more...

Dawn~They dont have the fall one one the website..THANK YOU so much for the phone # I'll calling to order them:)

Evening Gals....Well today my mom called and said they were going to the Kane County Flea Market and DH came home heard about it so we dropped everything and met up with them.....It is such a bizzare place..you can buy junk, more junk, fine collectables, mums, fresh produce, more junk! It is fun looking at all the retro stuff peeps have to sell...This is one of the best flea markets in the country!

Now I am going to chill for awhile....Hey Chan hope those gals were a little nicer today! Think about what they will be like in middle school:scared:

Hi, Dawn!! Ya....what about those bratty brutes? At 8:eek: ....I bet they will be evil at 12.:rotfl: We played a much nicer, better sports team yesterday morning....we were tied until the last 10 seconds their ball actually almost "wondered" into our goal!!:scared1: :scared1: It was like WEIRD how that thing found it's way in.:rotfl2: Oh well......it was their first game and first game ever on the larger field. My good friend from across town was there, here dd was on the other team, so we chatted and caught up and made plans for bfast this week.:goodvibes (She's my Branson buddy...and they had a BALL on their trip!! I said to sign me up for next August if they do go again)

That flea market sounds very cool!! I love antiquing and retro stuff!! LOVE IT! If you want to go sometime call me!! Is this the one that's only on like the first weekend of the month? LOL...I've been meaning to go to that one for like 15 years.:rotfl: I need a boost. I always forget.:rotfl: :rolleyes1

Hope you are having a fun weekend!:)

Do a MK resort (GF of course) and Epcot resort split! It is really different being on the two diff sides of the "world". We have done one night and more splits. I have a 3/3 booked for October....but who knows about that at this point.:rolleyes:

I love that Mickey soap....doesn't it smell like Sprite? I always think so! YUM......

If I do end up going in October, I will take Basin requests beforehand.

I am glad you East Coast gals weren't too inconvenienced by Hanna. I hope Ike isn't so bad when it arrives....I have to put on the WC and check. OK...I checked...it's a 4 now. I will pray for you all in it's path. Stay safe.:grouphug:

It's DS's bday today...he is 18! I cannot believe it...I remember that whole ordeal 18 yrs ago like it was yesterday.:rotfl: :eek: It was horrible.:rotfl2: HORRIBLE...that's why my next baby was born 6 + yrs later.:rotfl2: We just gave him cash...turned out..good thing...he loves his old ipod!:thumbsup2

DDs and I are off to back to school shop! (Yuck)....but I have L2 coupons that expire today.

Have a great day, all!

Channing :)

Morning Gals....its a lazy day round this house..;)
I think i will dig out some fall things, make some fresh salsa, and read a book! Just some relaxing!

Chan Happy B-day to Your DS!!!!!!:cake: :bday: party: :dancer: :clown: :cool1:

check wit ya later!
dawn:upsidedow

Hi, Dawn!! Ya....what about those bratty brutes? At 8:eek: ....I bet they will be evil at 12.:rotfl: We played a much nicer, better sports team yesterday morning....we were tied until the last 10 seconds their ball actually almost "wondered" into our goal!!:scared1: :scared1: It was like WEIRD how that thing found it's way in.:rotfl2: Oh well......it was their first game and first game ever on the larger field. My good friend from across town was there, here dd was on the other team, so we chatted and caught up and made plans for bfast this week.:goodvibes (She's my Branson buddy...and they had a BALL on their trip!! I said to sign me up for next August if they do go again)

That flea market sounds very cool!! I love antiquing and retro stuff!! LOVE IT! If you want to go sometime call me!! Is this the one that's only on like the first weekend of the month? LOL...I've been meaning to go to that one for like 15 years.:rotfl: I need a boost. I always forget.:rotfl: :rolleyes1

Hope you are having a fun weekend!:)

Do a MK resort (GF of course) and Epcot resort split! It is really different being on the two diff sides of the "world". We have done one night and more splits. I have a 3/3 booked for October....but who knows about that at this point.:rolleyes:

I love that Mickey soap....doesn't it smell like Sprite? I always think so! YUM......

If I do end up going in October, I will take Basin requests beforehand.

I am glad you East Coast gals weren't too inconvenienced by Hanna. I hope Ike isn't so bad when it arrives....I have to put on the WC and check. OK...I checked...it's a 4 now. I will pray for you all in it's path. Stay safe.:grouphug:

It's DS's bday today...he is 18! I cannot believe it...I remember that whole ordeal 18 yrs ago like it was yesterday.:rotfl: :eek: It was horrible.:rotfl2: HORRIBLE...that's why my next baby was born 6 + yrs later.:rotfl2: We just gave him cash...turned out..good thing...he loves his old ipod!:thumbsup2

DDs and I are off to back to school shop! (Yuck)....but I have L2 coupons that expire today.

Have a great day, all!

Channing :)

YES!! Thats the one! Its only the first weekend of every month..Sat 1-5 and Sun 7-5...LETS GO!! Anyone else want to join in?????? I had forgotten how fun it was just to look at all the old stuff...DH was lovin it and even DS was having fun...I did have to make him shut his eyes as we went past a vendor who had "girlie" mags for sale..WTH??? Different strokes for diff folks!

Have fun school shopping!

Still crossing fingers for all of you in the paths of hurricanes...what a wild season!

Channing~ Happy Birthday to your DS (18! what a lovely age-they know all there is to know about everyting by then:rotfl: )

That split stay is looking better and better...what 3/3split are you doing (I know one half is GF)...I love the new pics of the BC (looks similar to GF I think:) ) But with older kids I'm thinking the Boardwalk would have alot of appeal- not sure:confused3 (I dont really care for that big clowny themed pool:scared1: )

Dawn!! YES...we need to go!! Can you go the beginning of October? I probably can't do Saturday..depends what time we have a soccer game...but this season they seem to hit right in the middle of the day. Sunday would be good!:thumbsup2 I am SERIOUS...I have wanted to go to that flea market for YEARS!!!!!

Blue Skies.
..LOL....well this time I am doing a Swan/GF RPC split. I have the GF booked the whole week but my kids actually WANT to be over on the Epcot side a few nights. :confused: The first night we don't arrive into MCO til midnight...so it's either going to be a 2/4 split or 3/3. Right now I have 3 Swan nights reserved. I don't care for BWI AT ALL...we had a HYSTERICALLY HORRIBLE stay there a couple years ago and NOBODY in this house even wants to try it again.:rotfl2: I love their new room look, though. We just stayed YC in July 5 nights before a week at GF....while we like YC, we basically do it for the pool fun. I don't LOVE it at YC. I don't think with this shorter trip we'd be swimming much so I don't care about paying YC prices for the pool in mid October. I have a Starwood AMex and earn points that I put toward staying at the Swan so that makes sense....we get the Epcot side without the Disney cost.:goodvibes I am not a fan of any of the Epcot resorts too much. I haven't stayed BC in 4 yrs. I prefer YC over BC becasue twice they gave me bum rooms at BC....one time a room with double beds and NO balcony. Another time a room with the small stnading balcony....BOTH times I called down and had our room switched right away but still....another time - i think 2003, there was no coffeemaker in our room and I called to request one and was told NO. WE DON"T HAVE THOSE HERE.:mad: Seriously I was told that....so I don't know if that was bull or if that was just their way back then.:confused3 I prefer the Swan to the Disney resorts.....unless we go and want a great pool for Jojo..then it's YC. But if you REALLY want "Disney" the YC is my choice.

OMG...ok was that a confusing mess? *sorry*

Channing

howdy cheeseballs!
I hope we all knwo what today is? FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will watching football and tennis and nascar today. I spent all morning cleaning and cooking so I may sit and watch my pats play. Plus Serena tonight in the us open womens final.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Channing Not confusing at all:) Thank you for all of your candid information...I think we have very similar likes and that your opinion will surely help me make a decision...

I hadnt even considered the Swan but its food for thought...Do they have CL there...( I like that little extra bit of pampering on vacation:thumbsup2 )

Going to fold yet another load of dreaded :laundy: and some errands (remember when Sunday used to be a day of rest:confused3 )

Oh and about those wonderful Basin soaps one is called Autumn Leaves and the other Pumpkin Patch...happy shopping gals :flower3:

Good Afternoon Gals :). Another cool and sunny day today :sunny:. I love having the windows open throughout the house letting all that fresh air in.....much needed change from having the AC on last week ;). Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend :flower3:.

Chan - Happy Birthday to you're DS.....WOW....18....woohoo :bday:. My oldest just turned 15 in June and I can't imagine in 3 years he'll be 18....and starting college that fall :scared1:!!!! I too remember when he was born....but my second one came just 21 months later :eek:. But it is nice that they are so close in age.....although once they get into college and get out on their own, I won't have any younger ones left at home :sad1:. Although that might make more time for just DH and I to make more frequent trips to the GF :rotfl:. (notice how I said GF and not just "Disney" :lmao:). That doesn't mean I'm excited or anything about going to the Grand :laughing:.

BlueSkies - All this talk about the soaps at Basin are making me think I MUST make a stop in there (or 2...or 3 :rotfl:) while we're at the GF in July :cool1:. I'm always looking for different ways to make my house get that great "fall" smell this time of year :goodvibes. And about 18 yo's knowing everything by that age.......you are SO RIGHT.........only my 15 yo has known EVERYTHING for a couple years now :rotfl:.....mom and dad know NOTHING :laughing:. What a job it is raising teenagers :eek:.

To those of you in the path of the hurricanes....stay safe :hug:. I hope the storms pass through quickly with little or no major damage :grouphug:.

Kelly - Have fun watching your football/tennis/nascar :happytv:.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday afternoon getting things accomplished or just hanging out relaxing :cloud9:. I've STILL got :laundy: to do......I don't think I'll ever get done :sad2:. Chan??? :rotfl:

Deb :yay:

Channing~ CRAP. I forgot all about my Too Bucks expiring today. I am going to call them in the morning and see if I can still use them. That stinks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter