Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

OK so today is not starting well with talk of shutting down cruises - UGH UGH UGH For the Love of God - who is trying to keep me from Hawaii? OK done being selfish! Again I'm going to keep positive thoughts that this is going to start shutting down - less people getting sick - they will get a grip on this - Let us keep the Faith!!!!! I can't imagine what shutting them down would do to our economy - the horror just makes me cry! So many lost jobs - lost income - lost houses - I can't go there..... I'm sending out positive Vibes....Who's with me??

Ugh, I am trying so hard to stay positive. We are just kind of in a shocked holding pattern at the moment, watching all the news and information coming in. This is our dream trip, been planning it forever, and to see this event unfolding before us as our time inches closer is just heartbreaking. As of this moment we are still 100% going.

I am with you! This is getting RIDICULOUS! Yes, I think this is not a good virus. :sad2: Yes some people will die from this. 😟 However, people die from the flu (influenza) often. This virus luckily doesn’t appear to be a threat to children. :cheer2: We are praying that new cases start to taper off. 🙏 Again, time will tell and there is no need to make any hasty decisions right now. Let’s all keep positive that we will sail the beautiful waters of Hawaii!.:sail::boat::smickey:

Our insurance company has told us that the new cruise advisory will void our insurance for anything related to COVID-19 if we board a cruise. I'm trying not to have a meltdown (for personal and professional reasons). I won't even think about our trip until closer to then...

I encourage everyone to investigate and have a very thorough understanding on what travel insurance you have right now. What is covered, what isn't, and how it relates to the new travel advisories and COVID-19. That may influence your decision to travel or not. Of course, don't do anything rash until we are much closer to our sail date.

I'm so sorry - I have an understanding that if this STAYS as it is right NOW - No I will NOT be on the cruise - but I am NOT thinking about that right now - I am keeping the faith that by April the mass hysteria will have calmed down - less people will be getting sick and things will quiet down. This is all I can do at this point. I am praying they don't close down the cruise industry as it will kill the economy. I along with thousands of overs stand to lose thousands of dollars no matter how you slice this up. Business may be able to recoup some loss - but we will not. Vouchers or credits for future travel are worthless to me if I can't take the trip - If I take the trip and go against a state warning - I can't afford for both of us to lose our jobs all for a vacation so I don't lose thousands of dollars because people are afraid of a virus - Does the media interview the people who caught it and didn't get deathly ill ?? NOPE - Hype for ratings -I am just extremely frustrated - This is making it hard for me to stay positive!! I a so looking forward to the cruise and meeting all my WONDERFUL new cruise friends - and now all of this!
Not sure if anyone has tried grocery shopping lately but good luck - You would think the Zombie Apocalypse is coming tomorrow! The store shelf are bare! Also I live in STL where the HUGE fight is on over someone breaking Quarantine to go to a dance - the fighting over this at work is UNREAL - everywhere is STRESS over something most people more than likely may not be exposed to!
OK Rant over - Back to work and back to POSTIVE thinking!!! This WILL get better !! I'm going to keep saying this!!!!!!!!!!!

Had you noticed that the Lt Gov of Hawaii has called on the federal government to pause all cruises to Hawaii for the next 60 days? I'm working on alternative plans. But this being a one-way trip, it's just not easy.

Didn’t see that, but my husband just told me I need to decide and off to work he went. I don’t want to be the one to decide...lol

We have 2weeks planned before the cruise but not sure we should even fly or be on an island if we do get sick.

My family thinks we should cancel, I have 2 in my immediate family that are immune compromised so I would have to stay away from them for sure.

I'll be waiting a few more days at least before deciding. You're not likely going to get through to Disney or your TA at the moment anyway from what I'm hearing.

I had a look at Hawaii hotels. Mostly sold out for the days that our cruise would be. Prices are high.

Reactions: NAB
I should have added, I had my Rome trip cancelled for me (it was next week) so I'm happy to just wait to see a bit longer if the decision will become forced anyways. But I'm not going to get lots back I imagine because everything I did for this trip is fragmented - and I don't have dedicated trip cancellation insurance.

I’m not deciding until right before I’m out the money either way and things could and I hope should improve and this will all be a bad memory !! We have plenty of time before the cruise unless you wish to rebook at the nice higher rates of fewer choices if so I’m sending you buckets of pixie dust so maybe you can get something great !!!! It’s a tough call no matter what!!

We have another cruise booked for next Feb but I understand you can’t put the money from this one to that one it has to be a new booking. Plus yes I heard it is hard to get through to do anything. We would have to go through Costco, which than has to call DLC.

We wouldn’t cancel until the very last day to do so. Our insurance would pay to fly us home from Honolulu. We still plan to go to Aulani at the very least. I am still working on FE gifts, too.

Keeping hopeful!

If the cruise 🚢 is cancelled or for job reasons with the warnings I Can’t cruise I still want to go to Aulani if I can get a flight home -not that I would mind being stuck in Hawaii - heavens no - now my puppy 🐶 might miss me ! Of course I could send my DH home haa haa !!!

Last edited:
Well they now have it in Hawaii knew it would happen eventually. Came via cruise they think.
I’m still all in - even if cruise is cancelled I’m in for Aulani unless airlines stop flying highly unlikely but you never know !!
I’m staying positive !!! Who is with me ??
If they cancel the cruise and we are still able to fly into Hawaii, we are still going.

The next 30 days will tell us a lot about the situation in Hawaii and the future of cruising for spring 2020.

I had a big meltdown yesterday over this. I'm trying to recompose myself this morning, but it's difficult.

Also, I see a few people cancelling this cruise on social media, so keep looking for those Palo reservations and tastings if you want them. I'm sure some will become available. If not, there should be several new openings once we get onboard, as people will cancel last minute if the advisory hasn't been lifted.

I've been checking frequently - nothing yet. I just read the Cruise Industry advised not allowing anyone over 70 or with a chronic illness to cruise - that would cover Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, ETC - OMG - I feel like crying, Just Stop the Cruises so I can get a Refund - or Just leave it alone. Enough yanking around - the mixed messages are driving me insane!!!!!

The next 30 days will tell us a lot about the situation in Hawaii and the future of cruising for spring 2020.

I had a big meltdown yesterday over this. I'm trying to recompose myself this morning, but it's difficult.

Also, I see a few people cancelling this cruise on social media, so keep looking for those Palo reservations and tastings if you want them. I'm sure some will become available. If not, there should be several new openings once we get onboard, as people will cancel last minute if the advisory hasn't been lifted.
I’m with you, heck if the virus doesn’t get me the worrying and stress of it all will.

I’m sad to inform you that I have cancelled this cruise because my Dad is over 70+ and have chronic illness. I can’t take the risk>< and we want to go Hawaii only, so I have take the money refund ( the last day is 12 Mar (TMR)) and lost my 10% deposit (I will try to claim my insurance)!

Please help to take me out of the list. Thank you!
12. Twyual - A.Lau - AL, ML, KC & KL - Cabin - 7010

=================================
Your cruise is not covered under the temporary cancellation policy- or it is but you want a refund.

If you want a refund in this situation, you will be subject to the normal cancellation policy. The amount of refund (less than 100%) will depend on how far out you are from the sailing date. See the details in the link below (scroll down to the Cancellations/Refunds section):
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contracts-terms-safety/terms-conditions/united-states/

Sorry to see you go, but I completely understand. The WHO issued a statement today as well, with some unsettling news.

I work in the travel industry. Poop is flying all over at the office and at home because of this. Yay... (sarcasm) :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter