Hayrides

josierac

DIS Veteran
What time are the hayrides scheduled for, how long of a ride is it and where do they go?

We would like to do this after the HDD one night (we will be eating at the 5pm show)
Thanks

The hayrides are nightly at 7:00 and 9:30. They meet right outside Pioneer Hall. The cost is (last time I checked) $8 adults and $4 kids.

I'm not sure exactly where they go - I haven't been on one yet. Maybe someone else knows?

You ride around the campground in a trailer - no hay, no characters. I did it once, probably won't do it again as it didn't have any "magic." Maybe we hit an off night? I think it went for under a half hour, we started out in front of Pioneer Hall and went by the canal and then headed through some loops. It was interesting to see all the sites and how some people decorated though.

We did the hay ride 2 summers ago after the second showing of the Hoop De Doo. We agree that it was the best $12 ($6 each) ever spent at WDW. The ride began by going through a camping loop near the beach and then we were out in the wilderness. It was so pretty with all of the spanish moss in the trees. Once we got near the lake the driver let the horses run fast for a couple of minutes and that was really fun. Then we rode along the beach for a while and then stopped and waited for the electrical water pageant to arrive. While we waited the driver entertained us with Disney trivia and jokes. He talked enough but not too much to be annoying. We then enjoyed a very up front show of the electrical water pageant and then waited just about 5 more minutes to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks. The waiting was even nice because of all of the frogs croaking. After the fireworks we rode back to a spot near the loading area. Then a bunch of us had our pictures taken with the horses and driver.
I would highly recommend the hay ride for a nice peaceful experience after the excitement of the Hoop De Doo. If you want to make sure your ride will contain a fireworks and water pageant showing just ask the driver before buying your tickets.

Wow! That is so much better than the one I went on! I guess like everything else at WDW, the CMs make all the difference! If I thought I'd get an experience like that I'd go again! We didn't go near the beach at all! What time of year did you go Fort Wilderness? I went in February.

We took that wonderful hay ride in late July of 2000. The fireworks were at 10:00 so the late hay ride was perfect timing. Were there MK fireworks the night you did it in February ? If not, maybe that is why you got such a different experience.

We are actually hesitant to do the hay ride ever again because we don't think it could ever be as perfect as the first time. The CM we had told us that he only did the hay ride once or twice a week and he usually just worked in the horse barn. So maybe he did such a good job because it was something different and fun for him to do.

Yes, there were fireworks that night. We went to the Contemporary and watched them from the balcony. It was a bit chilly and not that many people were around when we went on the hayride - after the fireworks. It was definitely the off season so maybe they do less at that time. We had two people "driving" and neither one said much of anything. Really boring - I wish I had gone on yours! I don't think I'll go again, but after your report we might try!

We're considering taking the hayride in May. Does anyone know if the late hayride always includes the Electrical Water Pageant?? If not, we'd like to plan to see it another night.

Originally posted by fortwilderness
We did the hay ride 2 summers ago after the second showing of the Hoop De Doo.
Then we rode along the beach for a while and then stopped and waited for the electrical water pageant to arrive.
We then enjoyed a very up front show of the electrical water pageant and then waited just about 5 more minutes to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks.

This post was from a couple of years ago. I wondered if anyone has recently taken a hay ride after HDD and was able to see the EWP and the fireworks. Is this standard procedure or did these folks just get lucky?

What time does the hayride run in June? Where could I get more info?

Last June we did the late hayride and we went to the beach and saw the EWP and fireworks. It was fun enough--just a bit smelly, though!

It was smelly because the hayride was almost full and we were sitting close to the front of the wagon--therefore close to the business end of the horses.

It is often full, so I'd get there a little early. The hayride loads almost directly across from Pioneer Hall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter