Helicopter Ride from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam

grumpymakesmehappy

DIS Veteran
DH and I are going to Las Vegas at the end of May for the UFC fight:thumbsup2 and we want to see the Grand Canyon. Since we will only be in Vegas for 3 nights, the best way for us to see it is by helicopter. What company offers the best helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam? I figure we will drive out to Red Rock Canyon but we don't have time to drive to Grand Canyon since we will be leaving and heading onto Disneyland. Any recommendations will help. TIA

Seriously, nobody has any idea? :( Someone has to have taken a helicopter ride over Hoover and to the Grand Canyon on here before. I know they have all kinds of places that advertise the trips on the Strip but I was hoping that I could get a recommendation from a DISer that would let me know a reputable company.

We used Sundance last time we went to las Vegas and have booked again with them for our next trip. They picked us up from the hotel in a limo, we flew over the Hoover Dam, over Lake Meade, through the Grand Canyon. Then we landed on a ledge on the canyon for lunch. Then we took off again, flew through the canyon then back down the Las Vegas strip before being taken back to our hotel in a limo.
For our next trip we have booked a longer tour, basically the same as before but with an added trip in a boat down the Colorado River and a walk on the glass bridge.
Here is a link to their website:
http://www.helicoptour.com/

Maverick has the newest and most modern helicopter fleet. My brother used to fly for them. They also have a landing spot in the Canyon that is the furthest in of all the companies, so there are no flyovers from other copter companies. They are located on Las vegas Blvd on the west side of McCarran

We used Heli-USA.
Once we landed we were bused out to the foot of the Hoover Dam and rafted downstream (black canyon tours I think). Memorable Day:cool2:

Whole lot cost about $430 US

Recommend them; even if they didnt venture low in the canyon by chopper:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter