Hello from OK!

Just saw your Adoptive Sooner...LOL!

I will check with my WDW planner aka MIKE and let ya know.
That is our anniversary so we will probably eat a nice dinner that night.

We will be there until the 24th (leaving that morning early) We added a day!

We so need to do something together!

Isnt Pooh cute? (both of them!) Thats great that yall got to extend your vacation! The 22nd is Jalens birthday...I will shoot you my cell number and we can make some plans to meet up somewhere...We will be wearing our OU gear all through the vacation..gotta represent!! :yay:

Howdy. Well, in all honesty, I was already here posting part-time under OU1247's username. I'm sneaky like that.

My goodness!!!! I thought Pozey and I were the only OC/Innerweb posters that posted on the DIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, not only do I find 1247 but everyone else, too! I'm KariOkie over there, but I don't post as much as I used to on the old OC (the split really messed me up!).

I hope you have a great time on your trips! We're leaving next Friday for a week at Disney, and it will be our 7th trip in 6 years. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me either here or on the other boards. And, of course, the info you get from everyone here on the DIS is great.

Boomer Sooner!

Well howdy. We're taking the boys for 8 days in July. Gonna be a loooooooong drive. I haven't seen Pozy on here yet, but he's given us some great advice via pm. I'm in the process of mapping out days/parks/restaurants. Who knew there was such a science to all of this stuff.

My goodness!!!! I thought Pozey and I were the only OC/Innerweb posters that posted on the DIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, not only do I find 1247 but everyone else, too! I'm KariOkie over there, but I don't post as much as I used to on the old OC (the split really messed me up!).

I hope you have a great time on your trips! We're leaving next Friday for a week at Disney, and it will be our 7th trip in 6 years. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me either here or on the other boards. And, of course, the info you get from everyone here on the DIS is great.

Boomer Sooner!

Okay, what is OC/Innerweb? Never heard.

I saw in your siggie that you are finally getting to stay at WL. We love it there. Have a grea trip.

Well howdy. We're taking the boys for 8 days in July. Gonna be a loooooooong drive. I haven't seen Pozy on here yet, but he's given us some great advice via pm. I'm in the process of mapping out days/parks/restaurants. Who knew there was such a science to all of this stuff.

When in July are you going? I'm beginning to think a large portion of Oklahoma is going to be there at the same time! :laughing:

We'll be there 16-23 staying at CS. So far we've chosen 4 of our ADR's to make at Le Cellier, Hollywood & Vine (Fantasmic dinner package), 50's Prime Time, and Garden Grill (for Chip and Dale CM). Thinking about Liberty Tree. How are we doing so far?

We'll be there 16-23 staying at CS. So far we've chosen 4 of our ADR's to make at Le Cellier, Hollywood & Vine (Fantasmic dinner package), 50's Prime Time, and Garden Grill (for Chip and Dale CM). Thinking about Liberty Tree. How are we doing so far?

CS is great! It was our first onsite hotel.

Love Le Cellier & H & V FDP, Garden Grill is good but have never eaten at Liberty Tree or 50's Prime Time. I know a lot of people really like 50's Prime Time & Liberty Tree.

We always do breakfast at Donald's in AK, do a meal at Crystal Palace & Chef Mickeys. We have also started doing breakfast at Ohana with Stitch. Whispering Canyone Cafe is a lot of fun too.

Drive or fly to WDW? I've flown but might consider driving unless I heard a lot of horror stories....

We'll be driving. I get a free car (I'll get a large SUV for the trip) and free gas anywhere in the US with my work, so it just makes monetary sense for us.

Drive or fly to WDW? I've flown but might consider driving unless I heard a lot of horror stories....

We drove last summer, mostly because of horror stories from the last two times we flew. We ended up driving striaght through. Got on I-240 in OKC at 9:30 am and pulled in to WDW at 5:30 the next morning. Got in to our room about 6:15, showered and hopped a bus to MK for our breakfast at Cyrstal Palace.

We were originally supposed to have left a day earlier but had a family problem that delayed us a day. We had DVC reservations that couldn't be changed at the last minute so we had a room for the night before we arrived, that's why we were able to get in the room so early. Would have cancelled the ressie but we were all wide awake by the time we got to the room and ready to go.

We love to drive. We have driven about 1/2 the time and flown the other 1/2. If you do decide to drive it is best to go out I-40 to Nashville then head South on I-75. Much better drive then going through Louisianna.

Hi from another OKIE not from Muskogee, but close enough -- Checotah. I now live north of Tulsa.
Another good character meal if you are looking for Chip and Dale is Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. We were there last June and it was one of the best!
Hoping to go back this summer and/or fall, but nothing definite yet.

Okay, what is OC/Innerweb? Never heard.

I saw in your siggie that you are finally getting to stay at WL. We love it there. Have a grea trip.

They are a couple of message boards for OU fans; kind of like the community board on the DIS. They get a little wild though...

I am so excited about staying at WL! I have always wanted to stay there. We always drive to Disney, and really enjoy it. Of course, we only have one kid, so we don't have to deal with fighting in the backseat, just the occasional, "I'm bored!", at which point, I hand her her homework (since we take her out of school).:) We leave early in the morning, drive through Little Rock, Memphis, then down to Birmingham and over to Atlanta, where we spend the night in a suburb called Douglasville. The next morning, we get up early and make it to Disney around 1 or 2. It's not a bad drive, in fact, it's really pretty in places, and even with the cost of gas, it's SOOOO much cheaper than flying. Plus, we can take with us what we want, and buy what we want when we're there, and not have to worry about how to get it home. We leave next Friday, and it can't come soon enough!!!!!:banana:

pasofan - Glad to have you on board too. Hopefully that trip will work out for you.

They are a couple of message boards for OU fans; kind of like the community board on the DIS. They get a little wild though...

I am so excited about staying at WL! I have always wanted to stay there. We always drive to Disney, and really enjoy it. Of course, we only have one kid, so we don't have to deal with fighting in the backseat, just the occasional, "I'm bored!", at which point, I hand her her homework (since we take her out of school).:) We leave early in the morning, drive through Little Rock, Memphis, then down to Birmingham and over to Atlanta, where we spend the night in a suburb called Douglasville. The next morning, we get up early and make it to Disney around 1 or 2. It's not a bad drive, in fact, it's really pretty in places, and even with the cost of gas, it's SOOOO much cheaper than flying. Plus, we can take with us what we want, and buy what we want when we're there, and not have to worry about how to get it home. We leave next Friday, and it can't come soon enough!!!!!:banana:

I bet you are getting excited. How long are you going to be gone? Do you have any trouble with the school taking her out?

On the way down last time we drove the way you said. On the way home we drove up to Nashville and across. We enjoyed it more and didn't have the stop and go traffic from Memphis to Birmingham. Of course the gas prices wer cheaper everywhere else than they were here at home and all of the roads were better. :headache: I love having my own car there.

Hey everyone! I live in Shawnee. I didn't realize that there were that many from OK here either.

I'll be heading to WDW in June, so I guess I'll beat you all by a month.

Did any of you happen to be at a OCCC tonight for a kids HSM show? Just wondering b/c someone there mentioned that she had my same Mickey purse (from WDW) and that she loved it. I should've asked her if she was a Disser, but I didn't.

BTW- there's a thread on the Community Board from someone who will be in OKC for a weekend in July & is looking for stuff to do. I couldn't think of anything that hadn't already been mentioned, but you all may have some good ideas for her.

Pozey is always around he lives here in BA like me.

I've stayed at the Wilderness Lodge 8 or 9 times it's our home away from home the concierge staff there is SO SO awesome!! It's truly why we kept going back there. They know my DS as he hasn't known a year of his life without disney and really impressed me with keeping up with his interests as the years have gone by. We are starting to branch over into the mgm/epcot side doing the YC/BC and BW scene since he's almost 10 and wants to spend more and more time in those parks.

I really recommend trying to be the flag family it's one of the best views in all of Disney!! We got it one of the years we just happened to have 11 of my family members there on a trip. They were only supposed to allow 6 but my good buddies at concierge took care of us!

Here is my DS doing the honors!

100_2386.jpg

we are trying to decide on the disney cruise or parks this year either way we usually go in May and take our Son out of school too. We fly because well, we just don't want to waste a minute of our park time!! LOL we are a bit fanatical tho.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter