Help about points

almburr

DIS Veteran
I have heard of people buying/renting points from members. How does this work. We are a family of 7. DH me, DD13,DD8,DS7,DD5,DD2.

Just checking to see what our best options are.

I have heard of people buying/renting points from members. How does this work. We are a family of 7. DH me, DD13,DD8,DS7,DD5,DD2.

Just checking to see what our best options are.

Wow... a big family... to best understand this topic you should visit the rent/trade board http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

If you think you all will be visiting Disney / DVC on an annual basis... you should consider buying in.

:beach:

technically, you are renting a reservation rather than points. and the DVC owner controls the reservation at all times. this can be important to remember.

for 7 people, you will probably be looking for a 2BR. to determine how many points you will need for a 2BR at the different DVC resorts, find the point chart link in the top right corner of the screen and figure how many points you would need for when you are traveling. multiply that times the price per point (see the rent/trade board for the going rates) and you have a ballpark estimate to compare to your other options.

more info on the DVC villas can be found here.

more info on renting if you need it:

Rental Primer

Attention Potential Renters - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter