Help - Contemporary or Polynesian for two nights

A1A1

DIS Veteran
Can anyone help me decide between two nights at the Contemporary tower or at Polynesian garden view. I haven't stayed at either, and will be with dd 5. These two nights will be after a week at BWV. The price difference is about twenty dollars per night. Contemporary is more.

Please help!

Well, I'd pick the Contemporary Tower and request a Magic Kingdom view. This is probably THE BEST view of the MK in all of WDW. That said, I also like the Polynesian for its tropical feel and proximity to great transportation. But I don't think I could pass up the tower at the Contemporary. Especially with a little one who will just be awed by what she sees. JMHO.

Hope this helps!

Hands down the Poly!

I have stayed in both a bunch, and I only pick the Contemporary when it is significantly cheaper than the Poly. The Poly has better atmosphere (by a long shot) -- it really feels like life in south South Pacific. You can't beat watching the fireworks from the Poly beach (maybe even from a hammock) and you have the wonderful added benefit of taking the boat to and from the MK, instead of fighting with everyone at closoing time to get on the monorail. Kona's is great as is O'Hana. And you can walk to TTC to get the monorail to Epcot.

Have a great time! Whichever you choose, they are both wonderful.

Thanks for your posts!

Just wondering when the contemporary is less expensive than the Polynesian. In the past, each time I have called, including this one, the Contemp has been more expensive. Not by much, though.

Also, if you don't have the view of the MK, what other views are there? And, are they as good or worth the price?

We will be staying at the BWV for a week prior, so I don't think we will need to be close to TTC. I think we will have done Epcot the week prior, probably every day, because it is my favorite.

I wondered how the new pool at Polynesian is, and if it is crowded. Also, how does it compare to the pool at Contemporary.

Hi! :) I stayed in the Contemporary Tower at the end of December, and all I could say was "wow!" I had never stayed there before, and after that stay I wondered why! We were on the 12th floor (club level) with the MK View, it was totally awesome! I much prefered the Contemporary to the Polynesian (we stayed Concierge Lagoon there).

If you don't get the MK View at the CR Tower, you'll have a bay view (still a very nice view, you'll see EPCOT and Downtown Disney, as well as a bit of Orlando).

:) I'd actually like to try the Bay View on my next stay at the CR. But, that MK View was just awesome! ;)

In my personal opinion you can't beat the Polynesian. I have been to both and just returned from the Polynesian. THe grounds are beautiful, the new pool is awesome and quite honestly what the kids enjoyed the most about the whole vacation. I have an 8, 4 and 1 year old. THe staff was great. We watched the fireworks from the beach and the electric water parade. The kids loved this resort the best.

I havent stayed at the CR tower, but it looks intriguing! the MK view is incredible! I have stayed at the Poly, and the tropical theming is very relaxing!

if you are worried about the pool at the Poly being crowded, well, you should be! it is a gorgeous pool, with an aweome view of the castle from it, but it is small! and it is crowded! dh and I couldnt enjoy ourselves in it at all, and this was the last week in November.

both are good choices, decide based on theming preferences!

Laura :)

I have stayed at the CR a number of times and have never been disappointed. It's pretty tough to go wrong either way. Views of the MK from the associated CR tower rooms are the best in the park. Poly has a charm you won't find anywhere else on-site.

Tough choice...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter