Help finding a hotel for about $100 a night ?

Amberly303

Earning My Ears
Let me start by saying my husband, son, and I will be visiting Disney March 15 for 2 weeks. I'm gonna need to find a hotel to stay at for 8 of those days. I have reservations at Ramada Inn Maingate, but unfortunately havent heard that many good things about it. The rate is $62.95 a night. Guess I cant expect too much for the price huh? Well my husband and I have decided to up it to $100 a night for a hotel( hopefully it includes a hot buffet breakfast). I would really perfer to have a suite........but would settle for a NICE hotel room. I just want it to be clean, have a nice pool w/ a water slide. We do spend alot of time by the pool. If anyone could make any suggestions for us we would really appreciate it.

The Lanes

If you book thru www.valuetrips.com , they have a couple of suite hotels.
I booked Country Inn and Suites,they have free breakfast and a pool with a slide.
They have suites for $64. There is also a Amerisuites on the same property. They both have access to the pool with a slide.
There have been really good reviews on these propertys.

Hi!
Check out www.choice-hotels.com and look at Comfort Suites or Quality Suites. Both have 2 double beds and a queen size pullout couch. They serve free cont breakfast which includes: hot and cold cereal, bagels, donuts, pastries, 5 or 6 different juices, coffee, and more. They have a pool and jacuzzi, and are very reasonable. I got Comfor Maingate (gold medal winner) for about $56.nt and am staying at Quality in Oct for about $75.nt. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the responses!! I did check into Country Inn's and called the main number and on the days i need the hotel its was $129 a night (starting March 15) I told them i seen the ad on Valutrips.com they said it must be an error. So if u did book thru Valutrips i would call back to the hotel and make sure there isnt no error..........i have been hearing alot about that happening with peoples reservations.

www.mousesavers.com today listed Hotel Royal Plaza in Downtown Disney for $70 a night during some of your stay and could be only $85 for other nights of your stay. I booked there. It's worth a try for such a great location!

Marley

I got $39 at Hampton Inn Sandlake (its closer to Universal, but thats what we wanted)

Not certain of thier spring break rates, but worth a shot. That includes breakfast as well.

I just booked the Country Inn and Suites at Calypso Bay this week through valutrip.com. Check out the thread regarding this property under this topic. The manager of the hotel posted a reply today. She even referred to Valutrip in her post.

Amberly303 - It sounds like you were quoted rack rateat the Country Inn and Suites. You need to tell them that you want the rate with the valuetrips code (valu) and they will give you a discounted rate. I know they also have an entertainment rate.
I've heard great thinks about Comfort Suites Maingate and Maingate East(they don't have a pool side)

Hope this helps!!

I don't know if my viewpoint wil be controversial or not but here goes :

Why do people pay $ 100 a night in a hotel when they could rent a home with more room and a pool for about the same or less ?

Now I've said that, I'm ready and willing to be educated. It seems to me that Americans/Canadians love hotels whereas Europeans prefer homes.

Originally posted by FLeisure
I don't know if my viewpoint wil be controversial or not but here goes :

Why do people pay $ 100 a night in a hotel when they could rent a home with more room and a pool for about the same or less ?

Now I've said that, I'm ready and willing to be educated. It seems to me that Americans/Canadians love hotels whereas Europeans prefer homes.

I find it a mystery as well. I just can not imagine paying $75-$100 for a tiny hotel room with one tiny bathroom. I guess many people do not know that there are alternatives to staying in a hotel.

Renting a home is sooooo much better. We pack light because of the washers and dryers. We save a TON of money on food by taking advantage of the kitchen, and the privacy of your own room with the kids is worth the price alone. Add a private pool, and you would be nuts to pay for a hotel room.

Some people say that they are on vacation and want to get away from the housework. We are not slobs, so doing the minor housework is not time consuming in any way. In fact, it is easier on us to rent a home than it is to squeeze in 4 people to one tiny bathroom and lose our privacy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter