help get rid of my snakes....

well, since the one snake got that "lead poisoning" we haven't had any in a couple days. oh yeah, dh did run another (smaller one) over with the lawn mower. then ran it over with the tire when the blades didn't do the job. but, he doesn't think he killed it ;).

the one critter i absolutely hate is the centipede. those are gross. i had one on the fireplace at our old, it was in between the stone. my cat sat and watched it. i had to kill it with a pole. it crunched when i mushed it.

that's one thing the cats always took care of those when they could get to them.

When you see a snake in the water, is it venomous water moccasin or harmless water snake? A quick and easy way is to look at it's eyes. A moccasin will have elliptical shaped pupils (like a cat) whereas a harmless water snake will have round pupils.
Now I for one , am not going to try and stare into the snakes eyes to see if it has elliptical shaped pupils or not, the snake in the water however is likely to see the big end of my boat paddle beat'n it's silly little brains out.

When I lived in Wisconsin, there was this guy referred to as " the snake guy." He used to give talks to kids about rattlers and allowed them to pet them. He also told them how to build a habitat for them to live in, in their backyard! Ummmmm, I don't think so!:scared1:

When I lived in Wisconsin, there was this guy referred to as " the snake guy." He used to give talks to kids about rattlers and allowed them to pet them. He also told them how to build a habitat for them to live in, in their backyard! Ummmmm, I don't think so!:scared1:

I'd like to hear what he told them about the habitat, so I'd know what to keep out of my backyard! :scared1:

Get some MOTH BALLS and spread them around the outside of your house we live at the edge of the woods and a lot along with a 5acre yard so we never know what we are going to find but my family has always used MOTH BALLS and I dont remebmber the last time we saw a snake but now since I gave said this I will see one.

As usual, you guys are cracking me up! Poor soul is asking a serious question and ya'll have to go and get all funny!:rotfl: Actualy it's why I love this place. One day I ventured out to the "Family" part of this board. Well, I'll NEVER do that again!!!!

Growing up in FL, my Dad always killed the poisonous snakes (and we had lots of 'em) and let the non-poisonous ones live.
Living in TN now, we never see anything poisonous so we let them go on about their business of eating the mice in our field. But if we ever did see a poisonous snake, it would die of lead poison. :)

is better than the snake eating you.....

snake_bite.jpg

If you look hard enough you'll find snakes everywhere. They do tend to be more plentiful in warmer climates though. It also doesn't help our situation here in that our property backs up to a fairly heavily wooded area and creek.

well you bought the house so blame it on yur self..... :surfweb:

alright, all my warm weather friends, i have a problem... what do i do about the snakes that are coming into my yard?

i heard moth balls don't work. they say that you should get rid of the food and shelter. alright...hmmmmmm i have pine trees/hello...

food, well there are toads hanging out in the back yard. don't know how to get rid of them. there isn't a pond nearby or anything. not sure why they are there..

i don't want my dogs to get bit or my wallet to get any thinner. so, what do i do. i picked one up today with the shovel and took out to the field behind the house. it was kind of cool. the snake was starting to eat a toad. the toads body was just inside it's mouth. the back legs were still out. but when you looked at the snake you saw the toads head. kind of freakish looking.

but, anyway, i tossed the snake out in the field and it dropped the toad. the toad is fine. i think it was a little stunned. i followed the snake into the field. but, i don't know what to do to keep them away from our house.

any thoughts.... anyone.....

We have a farm and have used moth balls successfully. The one or two snakes that get past the moth balls become aquainted with my 1878 Coach SXS.

I am deathly afraid of snakes. I think they all have a lead deficiency... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter