Help! I'm a DLRP Menu addict!!

:rotfl2:

thats so funny but thats what i thought we could do until i acidently found the dis one day. wanna know how i found it well i was looking for menus and google gave me a link to the restaraunt thread after a week i figured out it was a forum :rotfl: so my dis obsession stems from food :rotfl2:

ME TOO!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: My first post ever on the DIS can be found on the Walts thread!

Bob xoxoxoxoxox

Robert can't understand it either.... He actually dared to suggest we: "Just look when get there!!" :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: He was nearly sleeping on the sofa that night! :lmao:

Bob xoxoxoxox

:lmao: My boyfriend has the same laid back attitude! But I like to plan, thats part of the excitement for me! The DLP boards are a great resource and help you get the most out of your holiday, I just wish they had been around when I first went to DLP about 10 years ago! I love reading the reviews and the trip reports. In fact, Bolanette, I showed my parents your review of Rainforest cafe and they want to try the trio of salads and the mojo bones when we go in June! So thank you for your lovely detailed reviews :thumbsup2

:lmao: My boyfriend has the same laid back attitude! But I like to plan, thats part of the excitement for me! The DLP boards are a great resource and help you get the most out of your holiday, I just wish they had been around when I first went to DLP about 10 years ago! I love reading the reviews and the trip reports. In fact, Bolanette, I showed my parents your review of Rainforest cafe and they want to try the trio of salads and the mojo bones when we go in June! So thank you for your lovely detailed reviews :thumbsup2

yes bob is our resident food expert :cheer2:

Planning is sooooooooooooooooo part of the excitment!! ::yes:: I can never understand people that just let it all wash past them- I think you get more out of your holiday for definate if you just plan it a little!

Aww, thank you! *bows* I would tell your parents that the salad trio is absolutely enourmous though.... Seriously, I couldn't believe it! My Fiance went a bit crackers when it came to the table because it was such a huge meal... By the time I'd finished it looked like I'd hardly eaten anything! In actual fact I'd eaten a whole chicken breast, a mountain of shrimp (Which I only found near the end of the meal so I was mainly cramming it in out of greed as I loooooooooooooooove shrimp!), a large piece of salmon, a tonne of bacon, a shrimp spring roll.... And maybe a little bit of the greenery... :rolleyes1

Bob xoxoxoxoxox

Is there anywhere in the park where you can get a panini rather than chips and something? I looked in the deli last time but I didnt think the sandwiches looked that appealing!

Is there anywhere in the park where you can get a panini rather than chips and something? I looked in the deli last time but I didnt think the sandwiches looked that appealing!

I know you can get Paninis at the New York Sandwich place, but thats in Disney Village... hildasmuriel posted some piccies up from when she went there on her last trip and it looked rather yummy! There's always the option of having a Croque from Victoria's Home Style on Mainstreet- It's basically like a toasted sandwich, but they look amazingly yummy! There's some pics on the Victoria's thread in the reviews section.... :goodvibes

Are you looking for Counter Service places that will alternatives to burger and fries? If so, theres a few options:

*Fuente Del Oro- Frontierland: Sells Tex Mex style food
*Cowboy Cookout- Frontierland: A bit more basic, but serves yummy looking potato wedges, etc.
*Colonal Hathi's Pizza Outpost- Adventureland: Serves Pizzas, Garlic Breads and Salads.
*Pizzeria Belle Notte- Fantasyland: Pizzas, salads, etc.

There's probably some more I've forgotten, but check out the reviews threads as some of them have pics of the food from these places on!

Bob xoxoxoxoxox

This is my kind of thread!:thumbsup2

We went to WDW last year and I spent months looking at menu and drooling over the food reviews. The first thing I did when I got back was write my own food review!

We are going to DLRP in October so I am already whipping myself into a frenzy of preparation!

It seems even more important to get it right this time - less time= less restaurant opportunities = got to pick the right ones!!

I haven't read this whole thread but I am looking forward to doing so!:)

We went to WDW last year and I spent months looking at menu and drooling over the food reviews. The first thing I did when I got back was write my own food review!

We are going to DLRP in October so I am already whipping myself into a frenzy of preparation!

It seems even more important to get it right this time - less time= less restaurant opportunities = got to pick the right ones!!

if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Hey there! If you have any foodie questions, feel free to ask! We're all foodies here and love discussing the restaurants, their menus and their merits!

Bob xoxoxox

I know you can get Paninis at the New York Sandwich place, but thats in Disney Village... hildasmuriel posted some piccies up from when she went there on her last trip and it looked rather yummy! There's always the option of having a Croque from Victoria's Home Style on Mainstreet- It's basically like a toasted sandwich, but they look amazingly yummy! There's some pics on the Victoria's thread in the reviews section.... :goodvibes

Are you looking for Counter Service places that will alternatives to burger and fries? If so, theres a few options:

*Fuente Del Oro- Frontierland: Sells Tex Mex style food
*Cowboy Cookout- Frontierland: A bit more basic, but serves yummy looking potato wedges, etc.
*Colonal Hathi's Pizza Outpost- Adventureland: Serves Pizzas, Garlic Breads and Salads.
*Pizzeria Belle Notte- Fantasyland: Pizzas, salads, etc.

There's probably some more I've forgotten, but check out the reviews threads as some of them have pics of the food from these places on!

Bob xoxoxoxoxox

Bob, how did I know it would be you that answered my questions :rotfl:

Thank you for all the suggestions. I think it must have been hildasmuriel pictures that I saw with the panini and thought that looked nice but couldnt find them in the park. We ended up eating at caseys which I hated and we ate and buzz pizza place which was nice. Im hoping we wont need all that much for lunch if we have breakfast in the hotel which we didnt have last time.

Hi,

I'm a planning addict as well, i totally agree that it benefits the holiday a lot more and is a lot of fun. My husband almost choked when i told him i was going to ring and book all of our restaurnats this weekend for our holiday in June. But i just can't wait. I will be taking pictures of all the menus we eat from.

Ro

Bob, how did I know it would be you that answered my questions :rotfl:

Thank you for all the suggestions. I think it must have been hildasmuriel pictures that I saw with the panini and thought that looked nice but couldnt find them in the park. We ended up eating at caseys which I hated and we ate and buzz pizza place which was nice. Im hoping we wont need all that much for lunch if we have breakfast in the hotel which we didnt have last time.

Not a problem- Keep us posted on where you think you'll try!

Bob xoxooxxox

Hi,

I'm a planning addict as well, i totally agree that it benefits the holiday a lot more and is a lot of fun. My husband almost choked when i told him i was going to ring and book all of our restaurnats this weekend for our holiday in June. But i just can't wait. I will be taking pictures of all the menus we eat from.

Ro

He'll thank you for it in the long run!! Where are you going to dine??

Ooo- We love menu pictures here! We also love food piccies if you fancy whipping your camera out at the table (As I always do, much to my other half's exasperation! :rolleyes1)..... :lmao:

Bob xooxxoox

Hi,

I will do a detailed pre-trip report a couple of weeks before we go but so far we have planned: Beavers Creek Tavern @ Sequoia Lodge, Lucky Nugget, Hotel Cheyenne's Buffet, Walts, Cafe Mickey, Buffalo Bill's, The Blue Lagoon, Toad Hall, Pizza Planet, Cafe des Cascadeurs and snacks from the hotdog stand in Frontierland.

Not that i've been thinking about it or planning it that much!

Ro

Hi,

I will do a detailed pre-trip report a couple of weeks before we go but so far we have planned: Beavers Creek Tavern @ Sequoia Lodge, Lucky Nugget, Hotel Cheyenne's Buffet, Walts, Cafe Mickey, Buffalo Bill's, The Blue Lagoon, Toad Hall, Pizza Planet, Cafe des Cascadeurs and snacks from the hotdog stand in Frontierland.

Not that i've been thinking about it or planning it that much!

Ro

sounds like you have it all in order so :rotfl:

He'll thank you for it in the long run!! Where are you going to dine??

Ooo- We love menu pictures here! We also love food piccies if you fancy whipping your camera out at the table (As I always do, much to my other half's exasperation! :rolleyes1)..... :lmao:

Bob xooxxoox

yeah the first few days my mom was so embarrassed that i was taking food pics but i was like i have to or bob will kill me :rotfl2:

Oh I am completely addicted to planning my holiday, I like nothing better than reading through restaurant reviews, hotel reviews, anything to do with DLP. As some of you mentioned planning is definitely all part of the fun...even when things don't go quite according to those plans...:laughing:

thank god for this forum, I can prove to my DBF that I'm not a raving lunatic, there are others who want to book their meals for June now!:rotfl:

as I mentioned we're heading in June, really looking forward to it and trying to decide on our eating plans, have to take in to account we're on a budget this year so there'll be a mcdonalds had at least once but hoping to return to the Rain Forest Cafe and Annettes and on paying our first visit to Cafe Mickey and the buffet at the Cheyenne...

In two minds about whether to try the Blue Lagoon, want to have a special meal on our first night and as the park is open til 10 thought this might be a good option (thanks to Bobs wonderful review ;) ) seems a little pricey though...so I'll see how the finances are closer to the time...
:)

xoxo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter