Help-leaving in 2 days!!

sunni d

Earning My Ears
I have 2 questions for any of you experienced traverlers out there. One we will be taking TiffanyTownCar from the airport to the HRH. Does anyone know what grocery store they stop at and more specifically, would the grocery store sell styrofoam coolers? Oh, 1 more ?, does HRH supply blowdryers? Thanks in advance for answering:D 2 days-can't wait:bounce:

I will be leaving on the 11th for PBR - I was originally going to have our ride stop at a grocery store, but I called ahead and found out they charge $17.50 for 45 minutes of shopping! At first, I thought - oh, well, at least I can save a little money by buying sodas, etc., but then I called the Portofino directly, and a very nice person told me that there is a store right across the street from the PBR - probably about 1/2 mile, all told. Anyway, it wouldn't hurt to call your hotel directly!!! Tell them your problem, and ask if there are stores nearby. All I really want to do is save money on soda, etc., and also, yes, get some wine for myself. I'm sure your shuttle service is probably a little more friendly along the lines of stopping, and extra charges, but I plan on checking in, sending my granddaughter out to check out the hotel, and in the meantime, I will walk the small distance and even if I have to pay a taxi $5, I will come out ahead. As far as styrofoam coolers, I do not know if they will have them, but intend on figuring something out - the sodas in the park are, in some cases, $2.99 each. Too much for me, as I am splurging big time on this trip to begin with - (now I can become a cheapskate on soda - go figure). (plus, I did not really get a great deal, as I did this at the last minute without finding a great website like this first.)

I wish you well - hope you have a wonderful time!!! I can't wait to see the PBR in person. If you haven't already seen the photos, go to http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/Universal/portofino_bay_resort.htm and you will be even more excited!!

If you can, or if you think about it, I would love to hear how your trip went - I will be there from the 11th to the 15th of August.

Sorry, I gave you the link for the Portofino - I was hoping there was pictures for the HRH, but I do not see them on this particular site.

Also, I'm sure all these hotels have blowdryers - it would be really bizarre if they didn't.

Have fun!

Thanks for the reply SawdustCity-Wow 17.50 IS expensive. I was under the impression that a grocery stop was included in the transportation-guess I will call and check on that! I kinda assumed that the hotels would have blowdryers as well, but you know what happens when you assume:D I agree with you about saving the $, though, it will be worth it since eveything is so expensive in the parks and hotel stores. We are leaving on the 7th and coming back on the 13th. Looking forward to checking out all the hotels too! I hope you have a fantastic time as well :p

Most of the town car services do include the grocery stop FREE of charge. This is the first I heard of anyone charging. I know you have to let them know in advance that you want to stop.
The HRH hotel has good hair dryers in the rooms. One of the few hotels with a dryer actually strong enough to dry my hair!

Call or email them back explaining you understood the grocery stop was complimentary...that the other limo services offer them free and you MAY have to consider switching to another service if they charge you. I've used this to get a better price in the past and have always been sucessful. I'd email the other towncar services as well for their prices....I've never had a problem getting a last minute pick up..especially from Yourride.net , and they usually respond to your request in about 30 minutes....you can then clip a copy of their email for support....make sure you use the word "MAY"....you don't want to back yourself in a corner! Good luck!

We used Tiffany this past week and they do include a complimentary grocery stop. The store we stopped at was Kash n Karry. They did have styrofoam coolers. Its a great store with reasonable prices.

Hope this helps.

Laura

We are arriving in August at the HRH. We have used Tiffany Towncar Service for the last 2 years, this will be the third time.

They charge $80 roundtrip from the airport, with $5 off if you print the coupon off their website. They have always been superb!

They allow a 20 minute grocery stop on the way to your hotel. We have always stopped at PUBIX grocery store in a very nice upscale neighborhood.

We bring a collapsable cooler in our suitcase. We buy water, beer, juice and milk along with snacks at the grocery store. When we arrive at the hotel, we fill our cooler with ice whether the room is ready or not, so at least the juice and milk are kept cool.

We just got back, our Tiffany driver stopped at one of the major supermarkets, I can't remember the name, but we did by a styrofoam cooler for $2.33. The grocery stop is free, and all the drivers are used to doing it. They are super nice. While my hubby was in the store, our driver told my kids we were having a contest - whoever was quiet the longest won. LOL As you can guess, my kids talk quite a bit!:p

Thanx all for your suggestions. We are actually back (tonight) from HRH and TTC DID make a complimentary stop at the PUBLIX which was great and we took out collapsible cooler with us as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter