Help me pick a lunch at Epcot

SuBeat

DIS Veteran
My 90 day window is fast approaching and I still have a few details to work out. I need a lunch for myself, DH, DS10, and DD6.

Choices are:
Le Chefs de France (my pick), Alfredo's (dh's pick), or Rose & Crown.

We have never eaten at any of these restaurants, so I need the help of the experts. :D

Hi there! We've eaten at all of those and I'll have to say I liked Chefs de France the best, followed closely by Alfredos. You're smart to go for lunch because it's a little cheaper and you get the same great food. Rose and Crown was just okay...although I liked the outdoor seating. I thought the food was mediocre.

I think though that you would enjoy any of the three!

PamNC

I would say it all depends on how adventurous your kids are. Have you checked out the menus, especially for kids??

Check here:http://wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm

Looks like they have some pretty basic stuff at CDF which I was surprised to see. We went here w/o kids and enjoyed it just fine. We tend to favor Alfredo's and pasta is pretty child friendly. We hit R&C on a bad night when they had no dishes or silverware! No idea why that was but we ate off paper plates and used plasticware. :eek: At first they put us outside but it was too hot so we moved inside. All in all, I'd have to try this again to give a fair review. All three of these have tables very close together and IIRC CDF is very dark.

So, my advice is to ask your kids to break the tie after looking at the menus!

Originally posted by halfway there
So, my advice is to ask your kids to break the tie after looking at the menus!

LOL I'm pretty sure they wouldn't vote for the same place either. DS eats chicken strips virtually every meal while we are at WDW....DD is a bit more adventurous and will try something new. I think I'm going to point out that ice cream is included with the kid's meal at Le Chefs de France. That might turn the vote in my favor. ;)

We ate at Chefs de France for lunch for the first timie last trip. 2 of us had the fixed price lunch which included French Onion soup, a grilled ham and cheese sandwich (excellent, not the American version) small salad and creme brulee for $14.95. We were stuffed. We liked it so much that this trip we would like to do lunch and dinner there.

Originally posted by SuBeat
I think I'm going to point out that ice cream is included with the kid's meal at Le Chefs de France. That might turn the vote in my favor. ;)

Aaah! Didn't notice that! Very good! You're a tricky one! :)

Enjoy!

I've eaten at Alfredo's and Rose and Crown and I would vote for Rose and Crown. We had an extremely friendly server and I thought the food was really good (I had the fish and chips). I remember Alfredo's feeling a bit pretentious to me and although I am perfectly ready to pay higher prices at WDW, $15-18 for a bowl of pasta seemed really steep to me. As I recall our server wasn't too great either.

We had a lovely lunch at Alfredo's on their patio last visit. The food was great and it was fun to sit and watch the crowd and pretend we were really in Italy.

Definately Alfredo's or Chefs de France. Excellent atmosphere and service. Either would be a great choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter