Help me pick cabin location on Jewel

DannyDisneyFreak

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
Sailing On Jewel Of The Seas
Departing 22-May-2015 from Vancouver, British Columbia

DE779DE8-85BC-407F-9CF9-1A898FE7605C_zpsyemmef9e.png

We will have a balcony state room and want the best location in our category, it's the lowest balcony category, right now we are on deck 7 room 7606. We also are trying to keep in mind minimizing motion sickness but I realize Alaska sailing are typically less "bumpy" than farther out at sea. We really want the best views possible from our room to see the wonder of Alaska and maybe some wildlife too!

I'm glad you booked the cruise that begins in Vancouver - rather than the roundtrip from Seattle!

I have sailed on Jewel, but in an inside cabin. My 4 Alaska cruises were either in inside or OV cabins on other cruise lines, so I can't help with choosing a balcony on Jewel. For that, I suggest you post your question on the Royal Caribbean board on Cruise Critic: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Even with a balcony - your best viewing will be on an outside deck where you can move around.

Be aware that with such an early sailing and only 5 hours allotted to sail Tracy Arm - you might not get to see the glaciers at the end of the fjord if there's a lot of ice. Be sure to visit Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau - at the very least.

Thanks Nancy for the reply! Any suggestions are welcomed! Any reason why you feel the Vancouver start is better?

Thanks Nancy for the reply! Any suggestions are welcomed! Any reason why you feel the Vancouver start is better?

Most cruises that depart from Vancouver sail east of Vancouver Island in protected, scenic waters. Most that depart from Seattle sail west of Vancouver island, and are in open ocean far longer. You will sail that way to Seattle on the return portion. Stay up late the first night and/or get up very early the following morning so you can see the lovely scenery while you are still quite close to land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter