Help me pick!

bekkiz

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to decide where to stay for the first bit of our honeymoon. We'll be at US from Dec 1-4. We'll only do IOA one day, and also Discovery Cove one day.

I had first planned to stay at RPR, however I didn't jump on the 114 rate I saw on hotwire a couple months ago, and now the cheapest I can find is 179

a 146 rate for HRH is popping up on hotwire now and I'm tempted to take it, but don't know much about the hotel

We stayed at PHB before, and really liked it. Hotwire has it for 162 or 180 depending on the day. However, this is more than I budgeted, as I stupidly assumed I could get a low rate at RPR.

Anyway, someone please steer me in the right direction! :)

tia

Have u tried the fan club rate at RPR? ask tinkerbarb for card if u need one as she is a star

We'll be at HRH Dec 5 - 7 (2 nights) at the Fan Club rate of $129 pool view. I could have gotten the Entertainment rate of $125 Garden view or RP for $110.

I'd call Universal direct and ask what discounts they have...

I liked the look of the HRH, I had a great stay at the PBH but for one night and to try out a different hotel I'd go for the best rate and then if I was planning a return for a longer stay I would be in a better position to decide on which hotel and at what rate I wanted to stay in.

Tia,

highlanders suggestion for the fan club rate is a great one. you can book it online for your dates at RPR for $125 a night standard $146 poolview or $195 Club level. They also list hard rock available for $146 standard. You may want to call 1 800 BE A STAR and see if the Entertainment rate is available, that could be even less if it is.

I would go with RPR or PBH for a honeymoon. Good Luck!

Pardon my stupidity:

Fan club? Entertainment card? How do I obtain those? Is it a membership club? Why can tinkerbarb give me one?

thanks (I'm dumb, I know...)

Originally posted by bekkiz
Pardon my stupidity:

Fan club? Entertainment card? How do I obtain those? Is it a membership club? Why can tinkerbarb give me one?

thanks (I'm dumb, I know...)

Fan Club = Universal Fan Club card just like Disney Club card. Companies offer it. tinkerbarb has access to them and has been kindly sending them to Disers...

Entertainment card = It's a member card that comes from the Entertainment Book which you can buy at www.entertainment.com. It's also has LOTS of coupons and you can either buy the one for your area or the Orlando area.

Both cards offer discounts at the Loews hotels.

Stay at the HRH!!! I would go back to the HRH in a heartbeat. You have to like MTV/VH1 music playing all the time. We took a stroll over to Portofino and it was SO QUIET! Some very nice Italian music playing. I loved it at the HRH, so did the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter