Help needed with DL Night Events (Fantasmic, Electrical Parade, Fireworks)

poohj80

Got Hunny?
Hi there!

I just checked the park hours for our dates in May and I was surprised that during teh week, DCA will only be open until 6 PM (so no Electrical Parade) and Fantasmic will not be showing. I wasn't expecting such short hours during the 50th anniversary celebration.

We'll need to do a bit of planning to make sure we get to see everything we want (I was hoping to see the parade more than once but that doesn't look possible). We arrive on Saturday around noon and planned to go to the parks that day. Now I'm thinking we'll go to DCA and just stay there until after the parade. I want to book the Fantasmic Dessert buffet for Sunday since it's my b-day. Can anyone recommend the 9 vs 1030 show? If we do the 9 PM Fantasmic, will we be able to see the fireworks from there at 925 or would we be better off to watch the fireworks from in front of the castle then see the 1030 Fantasmic? The fireworks do go during the week where the other two night time events do not so we can always catch them on Monday or Tuesday if necessary.

Thanks for the help!

PJ

One more question - I read about the DL myths and legends tour coming back this spring but I can't find anything online about days and times. One article I read stated that the tour started when the park closed but is that when DCA or DL closes? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

PJ

First decide whether you want balcony seating or riverside seating for Fantasmic. Then depending on which show has space available, go for that. If you want balcony and both shows are available, ask which number you would be for each. The balcony seats you in the order that your reservation was made. The first 8 or so people will get front row. My preference is actually riverside. Its slightly off center, but you experience the show rather than watch it. The seating here is first come first seated the night of the show.

You can watch the fireworks from either the balcony or riverside. I've not watched the fireworks from the balcony, but I imagine the view may be somewhat obstructed. I think you'd see more from the riverside seating. But since they will be running on other nights, you'll have a chance to also watch them from in front of the castle, which is the very best view anyway.

The mysteries tour is not coming back yet. There was a misprint in the Disney magazine. It ran in Oct and Nov. They expected it to come back in Jan, but DL changed plans, unfortunately the article ran anyway. The tour started right after DCA closed. DL was usually still open.

Thanks! I was just told on another DL board about the misprint in the magazine. Oh well, one less thing to plan around.

Do you know if they shoo you out right after Fantasmic from the balcony and desserts? I was thinking we could linger longer if we did the later show. Any thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter