help! never been to US or IOA Where to Start!

Lynnie 2002

Earning My Ears
This will be our first trip to Orlando in which we are not staying on Dis property. We want to go to US and IOA this time around. Where do we start? What days do we go? How many days will it take for us to see everything? We will be staying at the Grande Vista. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks for the input!!!

Hi,

Are you traveling with children? What are their ages? When are you going?

Monday, Tue and Wed are the least busy days for the parks, Sunday is also good for Universal. Saturday should be avoided at IOA, if possible.

I think 3 days is the minimum, 1 day for each park and a third day for going back to your favorites or missed attractions.

I would suggest starting with Kelly Monaghan's book "Universal Orlando, the Ultimate guide to the ultimate themepark". It has very detailed descriptions of all the rides, attractions, and restaurants

I am not the original poster, but appreciate the tip about the book. We just decided to spend a couple of days at Universal and we really don't know anything about the parks. We went for one day back in 97. Will the book give tips about the restaurants?

Thanks,

Pam

nhrenee, thanks for the info. We will be in orlando from 3/12-3/22. We did plan on staying at the hotel on sat & sun to enjoy the pools. My kids are 10 and 9. Are they old enough to do alot of the rides at IOA?

I think the 9 yo might be real close to the height linit for the two coasters. The height requirement for Hulk and DD is 54". I'm sure they will be tall enough for the rest of the rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter