• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! Planning a trip in 8 days!!

happymomof2

Crazy about Universal
Hi everyone, my husband is attending a conference in Orlando March 8-15 and me and the kids (ages 3 and 1) have decided to go with him. I haven't reserved a room yet , but I would love a room with a kitchen Any suggestions?

Also, while he's at the conference, I was wondering what activities could I do with the kids around the Disney complex (not the parks).

Any finally, is it possible to go to any of the parks with 2 little ones (by myself) and not go crazy? Lol ;)

You didn't mention your budget or if you'll both have cars. If you want to stay onsite I think the only places with kitchens are the DVC resorts like Old Key West (and the other villas). They aren't cheap however! But you'll be onsite and have a separate bedroom(s) with a kitchen. If you want to stay offsite I'm not as sure but there must be several places with kitchenettes that are nearby. You'd be dependant on shuttles if you don't have a car however. I wonder if a travel agent like Dreams Unlimited could help you out since you have a lot to plan. Sounds like a great trip!

Carol

If you do not need to stay at a Disney property, there is a Wellesley Inn and Suites on Sand Lake Road, about one mile from Universal Studios. They have a kitchen with large size frig, microwave, coffee maker and dishes and they also have a breakfast each morning. You can run downstairs and get some waffles, cereal, fruit, etc. and bring it back to your room. On Priceline you can get the room for around $25. It is located right across the street from a Walmart Super Center where you can pick up some groceries.

the beach club villas are the way to go for you. you get a kitchen or a kitchenette in a studio. stormalong bay, the pool for the yacht and beach clubs is reported to be the best family pool at wdw. plus you can walk to epcot and ride the boat over to mgm.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I checked on those and they are a little pricey so I don't think we will be staying on property. But I was also wondering what other activities would keep 2 little ones occupied during the day other than the parks? Maybe downtown disney?

look into the ft wilderness cabins, with a aaa discount they run you about $200 a night.

also the summerfiled suites by wyndham was running a cool deal. my friends are going down in april, with their three kids. they have a 2 bedroom suite (with kitchen and living area) and hopper passes for everyone for 5 nights for $1500.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter