• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help RE selling DVC points

TheHorse

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We have DVC at Wilderness Lodge and currently have 175 banked points that we will obviously be unable to use this year. Rather than wasting them, we were thinking of selling them through David's rentals. We have never done this and was hoping someone from the UK that has sold through David's before might be able to give some advice. We are mainly concerned about the US tax implications, will we have to pay any or any income tax in the UK? Also, would be great to know if we need a US bank account to sell to David's or if another method can be used?

Thanks a lot.

We tried initially to use a US broker, they asked for ITIN which was applied for and rejected. As a result we RCI'ed the points.

Having done some more research the withholdings tax / ITIN is only applicable if the broker (or the end user if doing it DIY) is based in the USA ... Dave's turns out is in Canada which explains why they don't have to withhold or ask for ITIN.

Hi

We have used Davids before, the process was so easy. There was no need for a US bank account they just paid the money to our PayPal account. as for the Tax thing I don't know my husband deals with all of that stuff.
Hopefully someone else can answer that for you.

It is easy and painless to rent points yourself on the Facebook groups dedicated to DVC rentals.
PayPal is most common payment method but as the renter you decide how people pay you.
You find a willing renter, book their reservation and then receive the payment via PayPal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter