Help Still Confused!!!!!

2ndvice

Earning My Ears
:( I NEED IMMEDIATE HELP!! Still really really confused on where to stay at POR.....Some say Mansions, some say Banyou...I have a DD 8 and a DS12..I want to be close to the pool and food. HElP please!! We are leaving on 7/6 and staying 2weeks so I better be happy where I am for that many days!! LOL
'

I have not stayed there but before I go, I will either look for a map from a post here or go to disneyworld.com and look at the map there and request a room that is closest to the main pool and bus stop area. That is most important to me. We just got back yesterday from Coronado Springs and stayed in 8A and were in between both the pool and busstop. It was nice!

One good thing about the AB section is the trundle beds. That way the DS and DD won't have to share a bed. It might cut down on fighting. We are going in 3 weeks and supposedly we are going to be in AB (that is what was reserved - Standard view with trundle). This way our 3 yo and our 10 yo can avoid the fights in the bed.

Originally posted by 2ndvice
:( I NEED IMMEDIATE HELP!! Still really really confused on where to stay at POR.....Some say Mansions, some say Banyou...I have a DD 8 and a DS12..I want to be close to the pool and food. HElP please!! We are leaving on 7/6 and staying 2weeks so I better be happy where I am for that many days!! LOL
'

Hi,

When you wirte above "confused on where to stay at POR" you do realize that you can request either the Bayou section or the Mansion side but that it is just that a request and may not be granted?

There are two pools on the mansion side and three pools on the bayou side and then the one big main pool. POR is so spread out that I think it is not possible to be close to the foodcourt and a pool at the same time. Example building 14 on the bayou side is the closest to the food court/main building but is not the closest to any pools.

I would first decide which theming you like better. The Mississippi River Bayou type of theme or the old south Gone With the Wind type theme of the Mansions? Once you decide on that then I would call CRO assuming that is who you made your room reservation with and ask them to add to your reservation a request that you be put in the area you decide on.

I know I sould like a broken record but I tell this to anyone who asks about making requests. Make your request for your ideal but keep in mind that it is only a request so that if your requests are not granted you will not be disapointed. I feel bad when I read how people say their vacation was "runined" because they did not get all of their requests.

No matter what you decide I hope you have a great trip.

Originally posted by Lainy67
One good thing about the AB section is the trundle beds. That way the DS and DD won't have to share a bed. It might cut down on fighting. We are going in 3 weeks and supposedly we are going to be in AB (that is what was reserved - Standard view with trundle). This way our 3 yo and our 10 yo can avoid the fights in the bed.

Hi Lainy67,

Did they garantee you the trudle bed by charging you the extra $15 a night? I ask this because I thought that they only garanteed the trudle bed rooms to parties of five that were paying the extra $15 a night? I could we wrong just wondering. My understanding is that they do this becuase POR is the only moderate that can handle five people in one room.

To be honest, I am not sure. I booked via a package on DIsney online, the Summer Saver Package. The views for POR are normally:

Standard View
Standard View with Trundle
Water View
Water View with Trundle.

However, when I booked my package, the only views available were Standard View with Trundle and Water View with trundle. No option for just standard view or water view.

Originally posted by Lainy67
To be honest, I am not sure. I booked via a package on DIsney online, the Summer Saver Package. The views for POR are normally:

Standard View
Standard View with Trundle
Water View
Water View with Trundle.

However, when I booked my package, the only views available were Standard View with Trundle and Water View with trundle. No option for just standard view or water view.

Interesting. Well, if you paid for it then they should get the trudle bed. No matter what I hope you have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter