HELP! Universal Newbie

mep319

<font color=green>Go EAGLES! Go FLYERS!<br><font c
Okay, I'm a Disney veteran...but Universal newbie--we have never been! We have disney (again) In 10/03 on the FTP but...I am actually getting a little tired of WDW....and thought about doing something different. My DH, a disney purist, is willing to try Universal..he did put up some resistance. I'm a little nervous b/c if things go wrong it will be all my fault! My plan is this...I booked 5 nites on the welcome back at WDW when we were there in 1/03 that I never cancelled for the same week we are doing FTP. So I thought about cancelling FTP and booking the first two nights at Portifino Bay....to the questions....

I have a deluxe room on hold there for $180/nite...is that a good rate? ...Will we like Universal and will we be impressed? Hubby is going to be tough!
Which hotel & why? I really can't figure it out! I wanted HRH but there was no entertainment rate available..but I'm going to keep calling if you guys suggest it over PB.
Will DD 7 like it? I keep thinking it may be more for older kids. Please reassure me that I'm doing the right thing!! Thanks!

You should like US and IOA but keep in mind that u do not compare to Disney as its a diffrent sort of magic at universal u will find universal do some things better and u will find that disney do some things better but overall I believe Universal is worth the visit lots of thrill rides and not so thrill rides for the less brave
:jester:

I'm asking both...which resort and why? should dh be pleased w/ PB as compared to disney resorts. And how about the parks? If there enough to do for 2/3 days? and will DD7 enjoy?

hi,, we were at PBH in june...we loved it.... we stayed at WL and AKL and poly...i liked it more than WL and AKL... i did like the poly better....we were in a deluxe room by the beach pool... the pool is very cool....the only thing i missed was a place to get a quick soda...you had to go to one of the restaurants and get a bottle...which was not that big of a deal...but do not have refillable mugs....we did enjoy mama dellas..and the other places we ate at there....i have a 10 year old and 13 year old DDs...they liked the PBH......any other questions i will try and help....amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter