Help with denim?

jbrooxd

Earning My Ears
I posted on another board that I have gotten addicted to this shirt thing! We fly out tomorrow and I was at Hobby Lobby Tuesday stocking up on shirts and transfer paper, using DS's nap to print and iron like a crazy woman!

I bought a thin, dark, denim shirt for one idea I had (Belle on the front pocket with "Aunt Jaymie" and then a princess for each of my two neices and my goddaughter across the back, with their names). I used the dark transfer paper, and prewashed the shirt and all, but the dark blue bled through. Thankfully I had an extra t-shirt in case something like this happened, so I was able to do the design anyway, but I would really like to try it again (on a light denim, if I can find one somewhere - I had to go to 4 stores just to find that one!) when I get back.

Any suggestions?

~ Jaymie
from Indiana

I have never used denim

and I haven't heard anyone else who has

what if you ironed the transfer onto a white cloth - and then used wonder on to attach the cloth to the shirt - I would think this would stop the bleed and would work for a small design

Or do you know anyone with an embroidery machine? I don't know what program you would need to do your design in, but there's apparently a way to bring designs into the newer embroidery machines. Disney Store had denim embroidered shirts a while back, and they looked great. I like Kate's idea, though. I think it would look really nice. Good luck!

I posted a reply on the other thread. Very similar to Kate's. I guess great minds think alike.

Deb

I know this isn't much help but there is a special paper just for denim and black shirts. I remember when I was heat pressing tranfers onto shirts there were special ones that had a white backing on them that adhered and kept the dark colors from showing through. I don't know if you can get them blank for printing on at home or not though, all the ones I delt with were preprinted. Might be worth looking for.

sorry I wasn't much help.

Oh and about the embroidery machines... yes there are new ones that you can download from your computer into the machine,, there are also disney designs already programed onto cards that you can buy for your machines. I had disney embroidery machine, but it didn't work right so I returned it and never bought another one.

crissy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter