Help with flight info

Disney Addicted

DIS Veteran
If you have a booking with (Air Canada I believe) out of Toronto Pearson, can they change the flight to a different airport?? Ie, the Billy Bishop in the Toronto Islands?

Is there a way of pulling up a flight from Toronto to Nova Scotia around 6:30 AM today to see if it was an Air Canada flight and if it really was switched to a different airport?

I would really appreciate any information anyone might have!
Thanks!

Thank you! I found this. It seems to suggest the flight left YYZ but it also mentions YTO at the very top. Does this mean the flight was booked for YYZ but changed to YTO? Can they change airports on people?

1702671709908.png

Last edited:

Without looking too closely i can tell you that YTO is the airport code that encompasses all airports in the GTA area, including:
YYZ - Pearson
YTZ - Billy Bishop (island one)

Toronto City Code​

In addition to individual airport codes, the IATA maintains codes to identify airports within a city or metropolitan area. The ICAO does not use unique codes to identify metropolitan areas. The IATA city code for the Toronto metropolitan area is YTO. The code includes Pearson International Airport (YYZ and CYYZ), Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ and CTYZ), Buttonville Municipal Airport (YKZ and CYKZ) and John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport (YHM and CYHM).

Looking at what the website provided then, I would think the flight left Pearson as it says YYZ under the schedule time of 6:20 AM. My brother was driven to Pearson and is now screaming (literally, at my Dad, over the phone) that Air Canada changed the flight to Billy Bishop. I've been trying to figure out if he booked it out of Billy Bishop and didn't pay attention to what he booked.

I tried phoning Air Canada Customer Service to ask if they do change flights from one airport to another (never received an answer), AND if the 6:20 AM flight left Billy Bishop or Pearson. She would not give me the info. Said she needed the booking # in order to provide that. I don't see why. I'm not asking for personal info on anyone, just what should be public info of what airport a particular flight left out of.

Last edited:

try looking at flightaware.com. It will give you all the information about flights that have taken place.

This is what I pulled up about the flights involved.

1702677307156.png

1702677328856.png

There is a flight to Sydney out of Billy Bishop at 7:25am that also goes through Montreal

1702677626380.png

Hope you figure out what happened.

Thank you so much Ottawamom! That explains so much! Air Canada didn't switch his flight from Pearson to Billy Bishop. I bet he booked the flight out of Billy Bishop, got confused and thought he booked the hour early flight out of Pearson and never looked at his booking to confirm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter