Help with room requests for AKV standard studio

beachgrl001

DIS Veteran
we are renting AKV standard studio at jambo in Sept. what would be good to request? I would really like to get one of the reclassified rooms ;) can I specifically ask for that? will they know what Im talking about? Thanks so much for the help this is our first time renting so I want to make sure I do everything right:)

You can't request a view they have stopped taking view requests for standards. I would request near the lobby myself

You can't request a view they have stopped taking view requests for standards. I would request near the lobby myself

Just be forewarned that "near lobby" may mean "to haycks and back" (as my grandmother used to say) from anything. The one time I requested "near lobby" I felt like I walked forever.

But I didn't know that they've stopped taking requests on standard rooms. I only knew they had on values.

Online checkin at Kidani had several options last month. I chose and received a partial Pembe view...super far from the lobby, but being on an animal path sure beat bus stop view ;)

We just returned from kidani yesterday. We booked a standard view. i requested near pool at booking and the. Pembe savannah at online checkin and got both!!

I specifically did not make a request at Jambo (standard) and we got a reclassified room. I was thinking if I requested near the lobby we would be more likely to get a pool view (if request was granted). Not sure if it made any difference but we got the reclassified room which was a good walk from the lobby but worth it IMO.

I specifically did not make a request at Jambo (standard) and we got a reclassified room. I was thinking if I requested near the lobby we would be more likely to get a pool view (if request was granted). Not sure if it made any difference but we got the reclassified room which was a good walk from the lobby but worth it IMO.

Just to let you know that I requested "near lobby" and I was very surprised that I got a reclassified room that wasn't anywhere near the lobby. And yet at check in I got a reclassified room (the "to haycks and back one"). And what's unny was that she even said "Oh-I see you asked for near lobby, so we'll give you this one. We've got another one, but it would be much further away."

Online checkin at Kidani had several options last month. I chose and received a partial Pembe view...super far from the lobby, but being on an animal path sure beat bus stop view ;)

This is what we had last August and loved it. It was far from the lobby, but wasn't too bad of a walk when we wanted to go (we did have our Own car). It was pretty close to the pool too.

I ended up requesting kudu trail on the dvc check in. And we got a reclassified room!!!! We are here right now and its awesome!!! Its alllll the way at the end but soooo worth it!!! 5384. We have seen every animal! Very magical. So much so that my mom is thinking of buying dvc :D wish me luck ;)

If you cannot request view, best request to get reclassified room at Jambo would likely be requesting room along Kudo Trail. The only standards on Kudo Trail are reclassified rooms.

A reclassified room? Is that one that was converted from a standard hotel room to a DVC room? Is there something special about them ... size, location?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter