• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help??

Briarprincess

Disney Movie Buff and Future Special Education Tea
Ok, I'm a really shy person. Like REALLY shy. I don't speak unless spoken to, and if I'm in class or something, I don't answer unless I'm required. BUT, once I get to know people, I'm ok, but it takes time.
The problem is, I applied for Orientation Staff at my school. I'm only a freshman, and they said they VERY rarely take a freshman because they don't know the school well enough yet. But I know it all to well because I've grown up on campus for the past 9 years. I got a call that I was selected to the the group interview on friday. We have to go and introduce ourselves to the room and then we're broken up into groups of five and have to do a project in like 30minutes. We're being watched by judges while we do. Then the same thing happens with another group of five. If we make it through this "round" we have an individual interview to do.

But how do I put myself out there so I can prove I can handle this. Getting up in front of people younger than me is no problem (the feeling that I may know what I'm talking about...). But everyone else is going to be older than me, because I found out I'm one of only two freshman called for the group interview.

:worried: :scared: :faint: :sad2:

I'm exactly the same! I'm not a particularly talkative, extroverted person, and I used to be absolutely terrible at public speaking, or anything similar. I've got a lot better over the past few years though, and no I don't have too many problems.

The best advice I can give you is to relax. I know it sounds obvious, but take things slowly, don't panic and just rush your way through things, take a deep breath and think before you speak. Try and put it into your head that it's not a huge deal, if it all goes wrong, you can try again next year, and remember that everyone else is just as nervous as you.

Good luck to you, I hope it all goes well! :)

I would say just be yourself. There was a reason why you were choosen to go this far. The others may feel weird about you being a freshmen but don't sweat it. I am in my scholls SGA as secretary and I am only a first year. Just show them what you know and let them go from there. Good Luck. :cheer2:

I agree with Stitch. I applied to be an RA for next semester and the first part was an all day group process where we solved problems, did team-building activities, etc as a group. I was worried that not being a leader (I'm quiet with strangers too) would hurt me but I found that as the people in our group warmed up to each other it was more cooperative and less of one person being in charge, and after that & individual interviews I got picked to be an RA. So don't try to put yourself in an uncomfortable position because you think it's what they want to see--be yourself and you'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter