• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Here now, Brazilians everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I dunno... I've been in las vegas when a tour group from Russia or China comes around. Completely different experience, older people, wide-eyed and completely agape at the wanton money spending and debauchery going on. :D (Actually, if it weren't for the age issue - The BTG's would probably fit right in there.)

People avoid Nights of Joy for the same reasons but that's (or was) TWO NIGHTS.
I think they moved NoJ to ESPN to get it out of the MK. I always feel bad for the folks who head in expecting a nice "Christian" event. :lmao: At least they'll get to see lots of kids getting to know one another in the biblical sense!

Have you been to WDW while large tour groups are there?

I have.

I have been there when pop warner teams were there & cheerleading teams & dance teams. When these kids started to get too loud, the adults with them told them to quiet down.

I also have been there when groups from Brazil & Argentina have been there. I know where they are from, because they wear shirts w/their country's flag on them.

I will address your questions & comments from above.

Yes people change their dates because of these groups.

My family went to WDW several years in a row in mid July. We now go in June to avoid these groups.
Why you might ask?
Dealing with them isn't as easy as your above post suggests.
We have been in line ahead of these groups, only to have them push & shove their way passed us to cut in line. The adult leaders joining right in & cutting in line as well. They pretend they don't understand English, when you ask them not to push you out of they way. The Cast Members didn't seem to know how to handle them. I did hear some cast members telling them to stay in line & wait their turn, but again they act like they don't understand English.
You suggest getting in the queue after them.
Well we were in the queue before them & didn't know they would be coming in after us & then pushing us to cut in line.
All the while, they are chanting as loud as they can. This is scary to young children & intimidating to some adults. How do you think elderly people feel about being pushed out of the way? This wasn't an isolated incident. It didn't happen just one time, but over & over again.

Also, when we have fp+ at certain times, we would like to use them during the set time & not have to alter our plans because a large group wants to be unruly.

As far as letting them pass when walking down the street, I am quite sure they know it's not ok to push between a parent holding a young child's hand. It seems like a game for them. They lock arms & shove their way between people. They don't say excuse me & then try to pass. They just shove their way through.

Those are my experiences with large tour groups. I understand why others post these threads. It is not only to vent about their experience but to maybe help others avoid it.

@yulilin3 is in the parks every week. Shes a valuable member of the DIS/Disney community (especially to us SW freaks). I tend to take her opinion on these types of things with way more consideration than the majority of posters on this board.

@yulilin3 is in the parks every week. Shes a valuable member of the DIS/Disney community (especially to us SW freaks). I tend to take her opinion on these types of things with way more consideration than the majority of posters on this board.
thanks for the kind words but I truly respect everyone's opinion. If this is affecting people's enjoyment of the parks/resorts by all means report it or chose another date to come (as I've seen many people post here)
I don't think that my word should be take above anyone else's. I do have a lot of experience in the parks and always post with that in mind.
I have always though of these boards as a helpful tool, but when people complain about something here instead of complaining to Disney, be it at the park, resort or online, I have to speak up. There's no point complaining about it here, there's nothing any of us can do.

Her opinion is no more valuable than anyone else's, but that is an easy way to dismiss anyone's opinion that doesn't agree with yours.

thanks for the kind words but I truly respect everyone's opinion. If this is affecting people's enjoyment of the parks/resorts by all means report it or chose another date to come (as I've seen many people post here)
I don't think that my word should be take above anyone else's. I do have a lot of experience in the parks and always post with that in mind.
I have always though of these boards as a helpful tool, but when people complain about something here instead of complaining to Disney, be it at the park, resort or online, I have to speak up. There's no point complaining about it here, there's nothing any of us can do.
People, including myself, have complained to Disney. I myself have complained multiple times. It changes nothing.

People, including myself, have complained to Disney. I myself have complained multiple times. It changes nothing.
From experience, the behavior was way worse, so I think it does help. As opposed to just posting here, where it doesn't help solve the problem at all

I pushed our trip back one week the year I realized I had booked at a Pop Warner resort. Best decision ever.

If the behavior is at the resort, and CMs aren't listening....I'd call the police. And keep calling. And keep calling. That *should* get the attention of the powers that be if the police keep showing up.

I was with my mom and DD two years ago, and I can relate to your experiences. This year, I'm going just with my mom (now 77). It's her I have in mind when I think about traveling between ADRs and FPs, for example, and I'm spending a lot of time visualizing how I'll handle it if "x" or "y" happens.

This time she will be in a wheelchair, and I will be maneuvering it. So I need to be prepared to let the tide wash over us, so to speak, while she is seated, but I may need to be more defensive when she is walking (she can manage short distances for shopping, for example, but only with a cane).

The behavior described here is real, and it is absolutely as intimidating for the elderly as well as the very young.

I also used a wheelchair for a foot problem last year, and I got run over by a megastroller. It broke my wheelchair, mashed the footrest and broke it, plus the wheel! Luckily, I had lifted my good foot off it right before I got hit, or I would have gotten the other one broken!!!! Beware of those strollers.

I understand what you are saying, Chimcheree! My husband has had recent complicated back surgery. We are going to WDW in N ov, if the doctor okays it. Still, I will be very wary of others using their backpacks as battering rams and hitting his back, any tour groups or anyone who tries to push him or run over him. We are both in our late 60's, but I will be there to try to keep him safe. I really empathize with you regarding your Mom who is 77 y/o.
Really, why should we have to worry about unruly groups? Isn't Disney a place where all ages can go safely anymore? We avoid Pop Warner, tour groups months, and look to this board for help. It's a shame we have to check for this kind of thing before we make plans to go to WDW, for goodness sake! that's just plain crazy.

We won't go to WDW if the doctor says no, but he has hinted that it will be just fine by November. Still, I will be worried about him! Hope you have a good time; please let us know how it went!

That's how it is now though. You give the facts, you're called a racist.....unless the fact has to do with white people, then it's not racist, for some reason.

Just this Mexican-American's humble observation.

Plus all the words or sayings people are no longer allowed to say because someone somewhere might find it offensive. All the PC stuff is really getting out of control. I'm glad I'm at the age I am, because at this point in my life, I really don't give a care about PC junk. People need to lighten up. Not every word, or sound is meant as offensive, so don't look for insults, etc where there isn't any. Let it go.................................................Be happy........................................................................................................

Her opinion is no more valuable than anyone else's, but that is an easy way to dismiss anyone's opinion that doesn't agree with yours.

So if you are looking for information regarding Disney do you think someone who is in the parks weekly would have more knowledge than someone who visits once a year?

I respect her opinion as well as others here. I was just stating the facts from my past experiences from July visits with large tour groups behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter