Why would a topic that is theme park related go in the community board?? I’ve never once gone to that page. Guess I’ll have to check it out. I didn’t think it had much to do with Disney, but was more of an anything OUTSIDE of Disney group for people who happened to like Disney.
There is a Theme Parks Community sub-board. Different than the general Community board.

Why would a topic that is theme park related go in the community board?? I’ve never once gone to that page. Guess I’ll have to check it out. I didn’t think it had much to do with Disney, but was more of an anything OUTSIDE of Disney group for people who happened to like Disney.
The OP wanted to create a separate thread about cheerleaders. If it’s about what people are experiencing why not keep it here since it’s relevant to this discussion as this thread is the ‘Here Now and Just Back’ thread? It wasn’t my idea to start a separate thread I was just responding to the request.

Last edited:
Here now. Staying at OKW and our room was ready yesterday at 8am and we drove overnight to get here so that was great. Bus service has been hit or miss. Yesterday MK bus took 43 min to come to our bus stop at OKW but this was late afternoon. It filled up quickly. But did rope drop for HS this morning. The app didn’t show when a HS bus was coming so we got down to bus stop at 7:10 and a bus came at 7:30am and we were the only ones on it. I noticed the app never updated showing when the first HS bus was coming so I had to wonder if people just missed it. Got to HS by 745 and in temp line. By 8-805 the temp line started moving and we were inside within a few minutes. Went straight to the Mickey and Minnie Railway ride and walked on twice. Went to Starbucks, only a couple people ahead of us and got good. We got boarding group 25 using Disney wifi and got called for that around 10 maybe. Walked around Galaxy shops but wasn’t very impressed with the merchandise. Short rain storm hit but we were back on a OKW bus by then as we have dinner reservations later tonight at HS and Oga reservation, so will hit more rides later tonight when crowds hopefully subside. Mask compliance good, but it is hot. Make sure to take drink breaks and hop into air conditioned stores.

Here now. Staying at OKW and our room was ready yesterday at 8am and we drove overnight to get here so that was great. Bus service has been hit or miss. Yesterday MK bus took 43 min to come to our bus stop at OKW but this was late afternoon. It filled up quickly. But did rope drop for HS this morning. The app didn’t show when a HS bus was coming so we got down to bus stop at 7:10 and a bus came at 7:30am and we were the only ones on it. I noticed the app never updated showing when the first HS bus was coming so I had to wonder if people just missed it. Got to HS by 745 and in temp line. By 8-805 the temp line started moving and we were inside within a few minutes. Went straight to the Mickey and Minnie Railway ride and walked on twice. Went to Starbucks, only a couple people ahead of us and got good. We got boarding group 25 using Disney wifi and got called for that around 10 maybe. Walked around Galaxy shops but wasn’t very impressed with the merchandise. Short rain storm hit but we were back on a OKW bus by then as we have dinner reservations later tonight at HS and Oga reservation, so will hit more rides later tonight when crowds hopefully subside. Mask compliance good, but it is hot. Make sure to take drink breaks and hop into air conditioned stores.

Where on the app does it show when buses are coming?? Is this the MDE app? I've never seen that...

Not sure what you want to discuss about the cheer teams.

If it is Theme Park related please start it in our community board.

If the discussion is related to their accommodations please start it in the resorts community board.

Sorry, what I meant was that it seemed to be getting off topic with so many posts about cheer groups. I was hoping they could start a separate thread so it didn’t dilute this “here now and just back” thread

Dan

Where on the app does it show when buses are coming?? Is this the MDE app? I've never seen that...
When I click on the three lines on the bottom of the app when it comes up it takes me to the area that shows Ticket and passes, My plans, virtual queue etc. Well, there is an option to click on Resort Hotel. When you click on that there is a spot to click on bus times for the Disney resort you're staying at. It's not always accurate. We were lucky to have gotten on that HS bus this morning as that was the first one and we were the only ones on it. If we had waited until the app or even the tv's in the bus station to update we would have missed it as it never updated to show when the first bus was coming. We just happened to be down there waiting for it.

Just to pipe in on the cheer groups at Disney:

Hi there!

I'm a cheer mom and I wanted to clarify the types of cheer groups. The competition next weekend and the following weekend (The Summit and The D2) are All-Star cheer. These cheerleaders all come with their parents and I would think most have made individual park reservations for the most part. I have made reservations wihtout consulting with any other parent on my daughter's team. I am bringing 2 of my daughters teammate becasue their parent can't come, but that's it.

Last time my daughter and I walked around Disney by ourselves. The only time she was with her team was at ESPN for comp related bonding, practice, and performance.

My daughter also does high school cheer. When the high school cheer team competes at ESPN, they go around Disney more as a group because they are going with their coaches and maybe one or 2 chaperones.

With that said, Orlando will be swarmed with cheerleaders this weekend, but they won't even all go to the parks. At the parks , you will just see girls with their parents (maybe a couple of parents will be together). But, you shouldn's see a big group walking around cheering and chanting! 😂 Allstar cheer doesn't even say actual cheers!!😉 It is a routine that involves stunting, tumbling, jumps, and a short dance portion.

From what I can gather, a lot of the cheer community is NOT happy with how Varsity has set up ticket sales, registration, and ticket pick-up. Seems like a lot of people couldn't get reservations, or have reservations, but are having issues with getting their tickets in time to actually go into the park on their reservation day. Hopefully, it will all work out for everyone.

Just to pipe in on the cheer groups at Disney:

Hi there!

I'm a cheer mom and I wanted to clarify the types of cheer groups. The competition next weekend and the following weekend (The Summit and The D2) are All-Star cheer. These cheerleaders all come with their parents and I would think most have made individual park reservations for the most part. I have made reservations wihtout consulting with any other parent on my daughter's team. I am bringing 2 of my daughters teammate becasue their parent can't come, but that's it.

Last time my daughter and I walked around Disney by ourselves. The only time she was with her team was at ESPN for comp related bonding, practice, and performance.

My daughter also does high school cheer. When the high school cheer team competes at ESPN, they go around Disney more as a group because they are going with their coaches and maybe one or 2 chaperones.

With that said, Orlando will be swarmed with cheerleaders this weekend, but they won't even all go to the parks. At the parks , you will just see girls with their parents (maybe a couple of parents will be together). But, you shouldn's see a big group walking around cheering and chanting! 😂 Allstar cheer doesn't even say actual cheers!!😉 It is a routine that involves stunting, tumbling, jumps, and a short dance portion.

From what I can gather, a lot of the cheer community is NOT happy with how Varsity has set up ticket sales, registration, and ticket pick-up. Seems like a lot of people couldn't get reservations, or have reservations, but are having issues with getting their tickets in time to actually go into the park on their reservation day. Hopefully, it will all work out for everyone.
I'll clarify a little further. This coming weekend is Summit, then the following weekend is Worlds, then the next weekend after that is D2 Summit. And Dance Worlds is in between Summit and Cheer Worlds. So 3 weekends in a row. (And some allstar teams do use cheers, but it is only a very select few)

I appreciate the insight from within the cheer community. I saw some posting on a DVC board that parents weren’t happy about the arrangement with Disney. Something along the lines of how participants are required to buy park hoppers for the days their kids are in the tournaments, and some of these teams don’t learn until last minute that they’ve made it, and then they’re required to buy park hoppers when there is no more (or highly limited) park availability for their days.

We didn’t complain, but I think letting them know you’re physically here can expedite the process. I also think that there notification system isn’t always updated when the room is ready.

On our last trip our room was showing on MDE long before I ever got a text. We were in our room, put things away and headed to a park before I got the text :)

I agree. The cheerleading competitions are going on now through at least mid-May, and are relevant to those presently trying to prepare for their imminent arrivals
The cheer groups here have been prevalent. Not noisy, but their mask compliance (and their chaperones) in lines has been poor. Like they’re above the rules. I’ve noticed a lot of poor mask compliance especially in outside lines. Noses everywhere, eating and drinking a whole meal in line. Cast members are barely around to say something. I would also say in 8/10 lines the people behind us are up our behinds to the point where I have to say something- sometimes several times. It’s like no one can read the signs or they just don’t give a hoot. Cast members have not once enforced the line distancing in the two days I’ve been here. If people are squeamish, be prepared or delay

Just wanted to report that some QS locations are allowing you to fill your own drink. Regal Eagle BBQ allowed you to do so while ABC Commissary had a CM filling cups.
Interesting, this was reported as a new change several days ago. Weird that there are some places still having the CM do it.

We just got home from an 8 night trip. I will probably write more later, but I did want to reiterate the importance of being at the parks when it opens. We slept it one day and it was by far the worst day in terms of what we were able to do (and we were stuck with the afternoon which was HOT!)

Just to give an example:

We rope dropped AK yesterday. The park opened a little after 7 (official opening time was 8). By 10:15, we had ridden FOP, Navi, EE, Dinosaur, Safari. and Kali x 2, and even stopped at Starbucks for a breakfast/ coffee break! It was an amazing morning and parts of the park were deserted for the first few hours. We rounded out our morning with lunch at Satuli Canteen and headed back to our hotel for a rest break.

It’s not easy getting up early, but it was totally worth it! And we always had our mid day break to rest and catch up on sleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter