I watched HEA last night from Main Street near the emporium. It was definitely crowded but not wall to wall like I’ve seen pictures of. The crowd by the castle was though. I only sat down on the curb like 15 minutes before the show and there was still plenty of space to move around even when the show started.
We were fine back by the castle. However, the crazy amount of people headed to transportation after was too much for me. We sat and people watched until it was better to hop a bus.

Does anyone who's there/been there in the last 1-2 weeks have any pics or descriptions of what Main St is like for HEA fireworks at MK? If we don't want to smush with the crowd in the hub, is all of main st. also packed back to the entrance to the park, or will we be able to get more space there? We would like to see the projections but we don't *have* to see them super up close, as long as we can sort of see them.

We were there Wed 8/25 and it was pretty tight on Main Street. We were next to Crystal Arts and the crowd was pretty wall to wall in front and back of us. I dont remember how the area right outside the entrance looked though

(Sorry Not sure why my pictures never load correctly)

Attachments

• 20210825_204200.jpg
    20210825_204200.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 20210825_204208.jpg
    20210825_204208.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 114
(Sorry Not sure why my pictures never load correctly)
On your phone, every picture is taken in the same orientation, no matter how the phone is held. In your case, the picture was captured by the camera upside-down like this. (Whichever side of the phone you had up is "down" to the camera.)

However, when it takes the picture, your Camera app adds a tag indicating which side is supposed to be up. Most modern software (including your Gallery app, for example), sees the tag and rotates the picture accordingly.

Unfortunately, the board's image software ignores the tag and displays the image the way it was taken.

Summary of my day at HS. Got to park around 9:30 and went through security and tickets quickly. I posted when I was waiting in my first line just after 10:00. I said that it was busy bc compared to the other parks I’ve visited in the last couple of days these lines were worse and it just seemed more crowded overall. From 9:30-4:30 I was able to do the following:
TOT
RNR X2
Star tours
Rise of the resistance
Toy story mania
Slinky dog
Frozen singalong
Beauty and the beast
Watched 2 cavalcades
Ate at woodys lunch box
And had a wookie cookie from backlot

then I went back to the hotel and came back to the park at 7:00. From 7:00-8:45 I did:
TOT x2
Smugglers run
Toy story mania
MMRR
And watched the finale show

All in all I would say it was a good day, but I had a much better time at magic kingdom and animal kingdom. I wanted to give Hollywood studios one more try before ruling it out as a park I don’t really care for. For me I will only be coming back if someone in my party wants to. It’s just too congested, I don’t really care for the new lands. To each their own I was just happy that I came this week bc crowds seem to be very minimal.

On your phone, every picture is taken in the same orientation, no matter how the phone is held. In your case, the picture was captured by the camera upside-down like this. (Whichever side of the phone you had up is "down" to the camera.)

However, when it takes the picture, your Camera app adds a tag indicating which side is supposed to be up. Most modern software (including your Gallery app, for example), sees the tag and rotates the picture accordingly.

Unfortunately, the board's image software ignores the tag and displays the image the way it was taken.

Interesting! Thank you, I didn't realize because it looked fine on my end. Trying an experiment and saving it after reading it to look upside down on my end. And note to self to try to remember to take pictures with the camera facing the right way.

Attachments

• 20210825_204200.jpg
    20210825_204200.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210825_204208.jpg
    20210825_204208.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 17
Interesting! Thank you, I didn't realize because it looked fine on my end. Trying an experiment and saving it after reading it to look upside down on my end. And note to self to try to remember to take pictures with the camera facing the right way.
In the tech issues forum here, it is a common problem, and there is a step by step fix they have there. I can’t remember how to do it, but it is there.

We are here now - we’ve been up since 4:30am because we just flew in today. Got to MK around 1 pm. Had a little delay of game since there was lightning in the area and all the (many, outdoor) rides went down for about half an hour. There wasn’t a ton of social distancing in lines, but felt enough. We just got In stay, so it will be a while before we know if the precautions we are taking (signature indoor dining, some masking outdoors) are sufficient. So far about 30-50% are masking in outdoor queues. Better than I expected. Indoor most were complant without needing to be told.

Hi all - got to Bonnet Creek early afternoon and, after lunch and food and liquor delivery, made our way to MK by 4pm. At a very relaxed pace (for use), did Space, Ariel, HM, Pirates, and Tiki (all walk-on) before our 6:30 Plaza ressie. Delicious roast beef au jus. Then off to Splash (walk-on) and BTMR (10 minute posted, 20 minute actual) for a nightcap before evading the fireworks masses, and there were some serious masses (though when has that not been the case?). Some great firework views on monorail. But gotta say. Great day across the board. Loved not having to fastpass plot and plan. Such a fun first day (of 9). Off to AK tomorrow, with dinner at Ale and Compass, then Epcot. Was planning to get there at 8, but thinking a chill morning and 10am arrival ought to be fine if lines are like today. Plan is Dino, Everest, Cali, Safari (and whatever else along the way), then hit Nomad and Pandora in the afternoon before heading out to dinner and Epcot

Totally optional on changing how you hold your phone - it's really the board's issue.

I did see that the forum software developers are essentially pinning it on the individual site admins to make sure that EXIF support is enabled in PHP, but that's a pretty high-level fix in my opinion.

1) Quickest fix - take a screenshot of the image on your phone and upload that.

2) Second quickest - duplicate the image on your phone and edit it slightly (in Photos or Gallery) - ie, crop it a little - and upload the new copy.

3) Hop on a computer and use something like Photos / Photoshop / Paint / GIMP (free) - open the image and "save as" a new file. (You won't need to edit it or anything - it'll be right-side up when you open it - and the save will fix the orientation.)

Another little trip update! Yesterday after Sanaa we went back to animal kingdom, and did river journey and FOP. The queue for rivers was the first time I felt somewhat anxious, as it had no social distancing and people very close together. Thankfully it was only about a 15 minute wait. We then walked over to FOP and it was about 20 minutes from stepping foot in the queue to stepping foot in the pre show room. After that we left AK. Chilled at boardwalk for a bit, and walked over to epcot for dinner. Epcot was crowded but not awful, and we kept our masks on and found spots to eat away from others. Did soarin and figment as basically walk ons.

Totally optional on changing how you hold your phone - it's really the board's issue.

I did see that the forum software developers are essentially pinning it on the individual site admins to make sure that EXIF support is enabled in PHP, but that's a pretty high-level fix in my opinion.

2) Second quickest - duplicate the image on your phone and edit it slightly (in Photos or Gallery) - ie, crop it a little - and upload the new copy.

3) Hop on a computer and use something like Photos / Photoshop / Paint / GIMP (free) - open the image and "save as" a new file. (You won't need to edit it or anything - it'll be right-side up when you open it - and the save will fix the orientation.)

This is super helpful. Not that I'm in Orlando and taking photos, but I appreciate that you took the time to post it to help those who are.

oh my goodness I appreciate your posts here about the photo rotation problem. I had no idea all these years why my photos sometimes posted sideways. I never checked the tech area mainly because I didn’t care that much lol Thank you for this info (along with the other post here). Makes perfect sense.

thanks for the information, very helpful!

Here now! First park trip since Jan/feb 2020 besides going to blizzard beach and Disney springs.

Did MK yesterday and it was a little crowded but nothing horrible and our longest wait was 25 mins for space and mine train. 11 rides total, 1 calvacade, lunch, and fireworks!

mask compliance was decent but saw very little enforcement and saw a an almost full boat on small world with no masks on right before they would get off. Saw people with no masks or lowered indoors right near CM and they said nothing and they had to have seen it they were that close.

Off to Hollywood studios today with boarding group 16 for ROTR!!!

You forgot policy decisions.
Lol. Not entirely sure what you're getting at, but based on previous posts I have an idea. But its laughable that people would think that would cause many cancellations, especially compared to the listed reasons you quoted.

Hi,

Are any of the stores in Epcot which are located inside the germany, italy, canada, england open yet ?

TIA

Just back from a stay 8/25-8/28. Overall, mask compliance was really good in indoor queues. 95%+ is accurate. There always seemed to be that one person though.

Although waits were low at MK, we found walkways to be very crowded. We hopped over to MK one evening and felt no energy walking down Main Street and the crowd seemed a little rough. We rode Pirates and left. Something just felt off. It was really odd.

We loved F&W at Epcot for lunch. Cherry Beer in Germany, paella in Spain and the lobster roll at Hops were favorites. All rides were walk ons. The cast members at Epcot were by far the most pleasant and upbeat we encountered. We hopped over to AK one evening and rode FOP in 25 minutes despite the wait time posted as 50 minutes right before close. Walked on all other attractions. A relaxing evening.

Hollywood Studios was an absolute zoo on 8/26. We got ROR boarding group 60 and that’s the only ride we rode. Waits were too long. And so many people. However, we went back Friday evening and walked on MF, TSM and had a 15 min wait for MMRR. It turned out to be a great night.

Tables at restaurants were spaced decently. We loved breakfast at Trattoria - iced coffee was delicious. Our server was fantastic. Topolinos dinner was ok. Very disappointed in Yachtsman - my filet was chewy and they sat us right next to another party despite an empty restaurant. Yes, we could have asked to move but I thought it would fill in since we had a 5pm ressie but it never did. Ale & Compass takeout was on point. We ate by the (practically empty) pool. The egg sandwiches at Boardwalk Bakery were cold and gross.

It was a nice trip for DH and I. Glad we left the kids at home though. Thanks to all who posted on this board. The insight helped us plan and make decisions for this trip.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter