We just got back from our week long December trip, and while we had a lot of fun, we've never had so many disappointing experiences. Wow, the parks were busy! Guess those old December days of low crowds are gone. I remember in 2016 rides like Haunted Mansion were walk-on. Now, 65 minutes. This was the busiest December I can ever remember.
We came back from the parks and found an infestation of ants in our room. It took them 4 hours to move us, likely because all their rooms were booked out and they had nowhere to put us. Not Disney's fault at all. Just a disappointing experience.

Probably the worst was the amount of rude guests. Someone tried to pick a fight with me for walking too slow. I refused to engage them and stoop to their low. I got my foot ran over twice with strollers and not even an apology. Just dirty looks like it was my fault. Multiple people cutting in from of me and line saving. Even a CM of a VIP tour knocked my son down trying to get his party onto MMRR.
We experienced some rude people too !! As we were walking with my 6 year old daughter .. I had a bad knee that day and had my compression sock on with a knee brace to help me move faster , but this ****** In an ECV with a Santa hat on no less was right on my heels. He cut in front of my husband and daughter , got in between us and my husband thought he was going to run me over . He kept looking back at my husband knowing full well what he was doing.😵‍💫 I kept turning back every 2 seconds because I could almost feel him on my heels . 🙄
This was on our way to the Remy Ride . He was going in a total separate line than we are anyway but my husband told me if he would of ran into me with his ECV, he was going to be sorry 🤣🤣🤣

1st full day here today. Bus arrived at CS right when I got to the stop and we were at AK in about 15 min. I got there about 2 min. before the early entry ended. Walked onto Safari, so many animals out the lion was walking around and roaring, the spring boks were springing. Walked the Gorilla trail, again lots of active animals, there are two families of mamas and kids and the kids were out running and chasing each other. Walked the trail in Asia, again active, both tigers out and one very vocal. All the keepers were so great in answering questions. Then I got some breakfast and sat and watched people. Went over and rode Dinosaur, posted wait 35 min, it was 15. Rode the train to the petting zoo and petted some animals and watched two goats "playing" ramming heads and jumping up and down. Saw a bird getting a MRI done. It was about 11:45 by then so walked over to Nomad Lounge and got on the waiting list, it was going to be a 60 min. wait. I went to the front and watched the puppets, so cute. Walked both trails around the Tree of Life and browsed some shops. Had sliders and a refreshing adult beverage at Nomad Lounge. Rode Navi, it was posted a 45 min. wait, was 20. Left to go back to the resort for some pool time but on the way out the anteater was out walking around and playing. Such a great AK day. I'll be back at some point later in the week. Pool time and resting then around 5:30 hopped on a bus to MK, I wanted to see the FWs and had no other goal in mind. As soon as I got in the park I pulled up Caseys and the next open time was 5 min. away so I placed an order. By the time I got down the street my time was available to pressed ready to order and in about 5 min. had me some corn dog nuggets and fries. Took them over to the concrete benches under the Tom. Land sign. Since I really had nothing to do just sat there and chatted with hubby on my phone and read on my Kindle. Had a great spot picked out and of course 5 min. before the fireworks and entire family came and got in front of me. I just wanted to see the fireworks and Tinkerbell so I was fine with that. I have two days reserved at MK, tom. and later in the week so didn't intend to ride any rides, but I was there and people mover was calling my name. It was a walk on. Decided since I was there might as well knock out Big Thunder Mountain. It was posted 45 min but changed to 35 min. by the time I got to the sign, it was 30 min. Again, what the heck so went to SDMT. Posted 55 min. it was 20. Slowly left the park, taking pictures or Main St. and just enjoying the lights. Bus was at the stop as soon as I got there, standing room only but it was fine.

Another great day, all CMs were really nice and friendly, most of the people were o.k. A lot of exposed noses in lines at MK and on the bus but didn't really encounter any horribly rude people. It was hot during the day and cool at night. Tomorrow MK in the morning and who knows where in the afternoon/evening.

Ok let’s just talk some impressions for those who are thinking about coming and having vacations booked soon…

disney is going to get away with anything because the magic is real…

We didn’t rope drop because I work everyday at 5 am getting up that early is not vacation for me, at all. Additionally I’m not paying for genie Plus for at least this trip as I wanted to see how it worked out.

You need Genie Plus if you want to ride rides without long lines, period. The crowds were insane and thankfully I got to utilize child swap while we took turns without the baby in line.

The plus is that I found the opposite of what you guys are saying about rude people being as I’m single on most of these lines people enjoy talking to me lol. Most people are fabulous and wonderful, so please don’t think the magic in guests is gone.

I travel with a baby now and I’ll be honest I don’t think it’s that bad. This is his 5th trip since the pandemic and the restrictions are null and void pretty much gone it’s funny we went when it was the strictest to now whag felt like normal times.

no jingle bell jingle bam sign off hurt I’m sorry they did some other show but jingle bell jingle bam was so special to end the night and to have the entrance full of snow was so magical.

overall having a magical time as the rides and cast members are magical FOR Sure! The photopass people take the best time and photos of my baby!

overall the magic is here, in diet form.

1st full day here today. Bus arrived at CS right when I got to the stop and we were at AK in about 15 min. I got there about 2 min. before the early entry ended. Walked onto Safari, so many animals out the lion was walking around and roaring, the spring boks were springing. Walked the Gorilla trail, again lots of active animals, there are two families of mamas and kids and the kids were out running and chasing each other. Walked the trail in Asia, again active, both tigers out and one very vocal. All the keepers were so great in answering questions. Then I got some breakfast and sat and watched people. Went over and rode Dinosaur, posted wait 35 min, it was 15. Rode the train to the petting zoo and petted some animals and watched two goats "playing" ramming heads and jumping up and down. Saw a bird getting a MRI done. It was about 11:45 by then so walked over to Nomad Lounge and got on the waiting list, it was going to be a 60 min. wait. I went to the front and watched the puppets, so cute. Walked both trails around the Tree of Life and browsed some shops. Had sliders and a refreshing adult beverage at Nomad Lounge. Rode Navi, it was posted a 45 min. wait, was 20.
So glad you had a good morning at AK! I hope we can, too, on our upcoming trip! So, the petting zoo is open? Do you know if the puppets are going to be there in January or are they only there for the holidays? Are they there all day?

So glad you had a good morning at AK! I hope we can, too, on our upcoming trip! So, the petting zoo is open? Do you know if the puppets are going to be there in January or are they only there for the holidays? Are they there all day?

I believe the puppets are only there for the holidays, guessing they'll be gone when the holiday decorations are.

Just back last night from our 12/3-12/13 trip with a day at Kennedy Space Center thrown in. Holy cowz was it hot and crowded. Crowded we expected but the weather got to both of us, and we had some rough hotel issues (stayed at Contemporary), but all in all had a good time and the manager at the hotel took care of some things for us to help make up for some of our experiences there (he was really nice and level-headed...and when you speak with staff calmly, you have a good chance of getting nice things in return). I'm glad we took the plunge and went now--my partner already has ideations of a return visit for us to make up for some of the snafus. Lot of lessons learned, but still magic was to be found and we experienced special moments. Genie+ also was fairly intuitive for us and we had no issues with it.

Highlights:
  • We got to watch the Disney Dream depart from Port Canaveral. She sang for us as we were dining on the deck of a beautiful waterfront restaurant!
  • The character meet-and-greets with Mickey and Minnie were a total hoot. We really made an effort to engage with them and even at a distance we were charmed. We had the cast members attending them laughing too. I think my boyfriend would now like to leave me for Minnie Mouse. That's ok--I've got dibs on Santa Stitch. 😍
  • Character interactions at Chef Mickey's breakfast were fantastic in the middle of the week (unfortunately was rushed yesterday morning 🙁 ). Food was solid, not gourmet by any means but still tasty and filled us up for a day in the parks. Plus the manager Sean was super-sweet as well and helped with our dietary needs.
  • Cannot recommend the Topolino's brunch more highly. The service and overall happiness of the staff (Alfred was an amazing server!), and the artistic theming of the characters make for a beautiful atmosphere. The food was some of the best we had too. The waffles!! Plus we liked the overall genteel feel of the resort and want to consider a stay there in the future.
  • Capture Your Moment. Our photographers Hallie and Brian are skilled and were a joy to work with. When during our shoot the heat was getting to us, their manager helped us get water and Powerade, complements of Disney.
  • Pizza at Via Napoli was great. Really enjoyed the Creperie too. Both restaurants are excellent values (in Disney Dollars of course).
  • The spontaneity of the characters appearing on the balcony of the train station in MK was very special. We hung around a lot by the castle and Main Street areas so it was pretty easy for us to catch them.
  • The puppets in Animal Kingdom are charming, and the puppeteers enjoyed engaging with the guests. The baby seal is particularly interactive.
  • We both enjoyed MMRR and 7DMT.
  • We were there the day of the monorail debacle (Dec 7th I believe). When we were ready to leave Epcot and the system was still down, we were able to secure a bus to take us and about half a dozen other visitors back to the Contemporary/Polynesian. They didn't hesitate to find a way back for us and had that bus for us within 10 minutes.
We did experience issues at the Contemporary...while we are glad we stayed there, we had housekeeping try to come in on us one night without announcing themselves. This was not a security check. It was unnerving as that day my partner had to be transported out of the park due to heat exhaustion and we both needed to rest and recover. There was also confusion amongst the front desk staff about how we could ship items home, but in the end it worked out. For our sendoff Chef Mickey's meal at the hotel, the table service staff were clearly stressed--they were making a big deal out of how many guests they were expecting to receive over the coming days and seemed a bit upset about my plant-based requests as they were rushing to get platters to the table. We still kept our cool about it and stayed patient and tried not to show our own stress in front of the staff. They are going to have enough to deal with this week.

Still glad we took the plunge and went and I have some high compliments to give staff who assisted us when we had the medical emergency. We essentially found the magic we were looking for and experienced it where we felt it was most likely to be found, in spite of the restrictions of the times and the craziness. We didn't go in with rose-colored glasses and rolled with everything as best we could--no regrets.

I have a friend who is there now. While she says it feels very crowded, the lines for the food booths today have not been too bad. She's guessing 10-12 people in most lines.

Update: As the time has gotten later many of the lines are around 30 people deep.
This is consistent with our experience with the EP food booths too. Earlier in the day, they were fine, but by mid-day they were starting to get long.

I was in Disney 12/4-12/11 and it breaks my heart to write this. I grew up going to Disney and have probably been there 50+ times over my lifetime, including just before the pandemic shutdown and in May of this year.

The crowds were insane. My family goes this week every year (for the past 15+ years) and we've always enjoyed the low crowds and holiday feel. As someone further upthread mentioned - things were filthy. I've been in bar bathrooms cleaner than many of the Epcot and MK bathrooms. Anyone else remember years ago never seeing so much as a wrapper on the ground before it was snatched up? Those days are gone...

People were cranky, many were sniffly or cough-y, and were literally on top of each other. I've been paranoid for years about getting rammed in the achilles by a stroller or scooter and this is the year it finally happened (because of course it did) - leaving the insane crowd cluster **** of Enchantment, which I found very underwhelming. You can't use "pandemic" as an excuse for degradation of service, but then also not limit capacity in the parks and orchestrate a show like Enchantment which NEEDS to be viewed in one concentrated area. I wore my mask during the entire show and really regretted not just riding the PeopleMover instead.

Sat 12/4 - arrival mid afternoon (staying off site) and made the rookie mistake of going to Disney Springs on a Saturday night. Honestly, I know better. Was looking forward to the Christmas tree stroll but the trees are now dispersed throughout and I never found all of them. I assume to manage crowds...but really? I doubt. We actually got a walkup table at Wine Bar George which was lovely as always but left quickly after as the crowds were insane, but again it was Saturday night.

Sun 12/5 - Epcot. No Genie +. Awfully crowded for a live construction site with a $100+ cost of entry...but I did LOVE the holiday theming on Living with the Land (best ride about vegetables ever) and love the lights on Spaceship Earth. They really, really need to fix the Soarin' footage - everyone just snickers when they see the Eiffel Tower at a 45 degree angle. The food lines for the booths were crazy long and I was devastated to see the Vin de France kiosk closed for refurbishment as I dream about that orange drink. I felt there were fewer actual "food" options at the booths this year and more desserts and sweets. Boo. Candlelight Processional was enjoyable as always - we were able to sit down 5 min after it started without having to wait in line standby at all. Harmonius was...nice. Fine. I actually liked Epcot Forever and I also agree that the barges in the lagoon are an eyesore. Remy is darling, and I lucked out with a boarding group for the second round of virtual queue.

Mon 12/6 - MK. Sucked it up and bought Genie + for myself and my parents for the day even though the concept infuriates me. This was our only day in the park so it was an efficiency call. We used to go to the Christmas Party every year as our only MK park day and once upon a time the value was there for the ticket and what amounted to 8 hours in the park, but the price is now double and the time is now halved so we just bought a regular park ticket. We rope dropped Jungle Cruise which immediately broke down but came back online quickly enough that the wait was only about 25 minutes. When we got off the ride it was up to 70 and never saw it go down the rest of the day. Had to use Genie+ just to get on old standbys like Pirates and Haunted Mansion, both of which had 50+ minute waits. We actually left before the park officially closed which I NEVER do.

The parking at MK is a mess. We parked...somewhere...very far away, by a mountain of some sort, and it was a pretty scary walk back to the car at night since there were no walking paths and we were forced to walk on the same road as cars leaving for the day. I saw quite a few near misses with pedestrians and honestly can't believe the safety issue. Same day just hours earlier we went into the theater for Mickey's Philharmagic and almost got caught in the automatic closing theater doors on the way in. The cast members inside weren't paying any attention to the people still filtering in and we probably should have been held for the next show but no one was supervising the line entry. Two safety issues in one day left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

Tuesday 12/7 - pool day. Breakfast at Boma (where did my goat cheese scrambled eggs go???) and dinner at Narcoossee's which was EXCELLENT. Service was lovely also.

Weds 12/8 - AK in the morning - I don't have much interest in this park but we did do Dinosaur and the Safari, which I always enjoy. Really didn't appreciate having to wait until 2pm to park hop since I was ready to leave by around noon. HS in the afternoon - didn't have Genie+ here, so we didn't do a lot of the big rides. My days of Aerosmith are behind me, and I'm not a Star Wars person so I didn't bother with the 105 min wait for RotR, but we did do Toy Story Mania, Smuggler's Run, Muppets, the Railway, and had some cocktails at the Brown Derby Lounge. We also rode the Skyliner around just because, and wound up grabbing some dessert in Epcot.

Thursday 12/9 - another chill day. Disney Springs in the afternoon - much more pleasant. Good dinner at the Boathouse and dessert at Ghiradelli. Dockside Margaritas is always a great time too.

Friday 12/10 - Epcot again. Probably didn't need to have a second day in Epcot but we've done it for years and usually it's my favorite park. It still is but it's definitely in a rough patch right now. Still crowded, still long lines for kiosks, but a nice day nonetheless. Didn't see CP or Harmonius again when usually we would go a second round. The orange drink booth had re-opened and I considered that our pixie dust for the week. I'll take it.

Overall - a bad day in Disney is usually better than no Disney, but this time around when I really wanted to feel the Disney magic I couldn't quite find it anywhere. I saw lots of cast members playing on their phones and generally checked out, lots of dirty bathrooms and garbage, a disappointing lack of merch (I echo the person who noted the dearth of Christmas ornaments - my parents have an ornament from every year going back to the early 90s - THIS is the year they don't produce those???). Everything felt like a money grab - even the parking attendants who kept asking if we were purchasing "preferred parking" as the standard. I felt like I was in the Hunger Games trying to get dinner reservations and Genie+ times, and was glued to my phone the whole week.

All in all, the bloom is off the rose for me right now. I'm normally a complete Disney stan but I think this week did me in for awhile. I just can't pay premium prices for this sub-par experience, as much as I hate to say it. I don't see myself going over to Universal either - I'm not a theme park person, I'm a DISNEY person. So hopefully they sort themselves out and this isn't the new normal. But it was a disappointing week where a bunch of small things added up to an overall negative experience.

I was in Disney 12/4-12/11 and it breaks my heart to write this. I grew up going to Disney and have probably been there 50+ times over my lifetime, including just before the pandemic shutdown and in May of this year.

The crowds were insane. My family goes this week every year (for the past 15+ years) and we've always enjoyed the low crowds and holiday feel. As someone further upthread mentioned - things were filthy. I've been in bar bathrooms cleaner than many of the Epcot and MK bathrooms. Anyone else remember years ago never seeing so much as a wrapper on the ground before it was snatched up? Those days are gone...

People were cranky, many were sniffly or cough-y, and were literally on top of each other. I've been paranoid for years about getting rammed in the achilles by a stroller or scooter and this is the year it finally happened (because of course it did) - leaving the insane crowd cluster **** of Enchantment, which I found very underwhelming. You can't use "pandemic" as an excuse for degradation of service, but then also not limit capacity in the parks and orchestrate a show like Enchantment which NEEDS to be viewed in one concentrated area. I wore my mask during the entire show and really regretted not just riding the PeopleMover instead.

Sat 12/4 - arrival mid afternoon (staying off site) and made the rookie mistake of going to Disney Springs on a Saturday night. Honestly, I know better. Was looking forward to the Christmas tree stroll but the trees are now dispersed throughout and I never found all of them. I assume to manage crowds...but really? I doubt. We actually got a walkup table at Wine Bar George which was lovely as always but left quickly after as the crowds were insane, but again it was Saturday night.

Sun 12/5 - Epcot. No Genie +. Awfully crowded for a live construction site with a $100+ cost of entry...but I did LOVE the holiday theming on Living with the Land (best ride about vegetables ever) and love the lights on Spaceship Earth. They really, really need to fix the Soarin' footage - everyone just snickers when they see the Eiffel Tower at a 45 degree angle. The food lines for the booths were crazy long and I was devastated to see the Vin de France kiosk closed for refurbishment as I dream about that orange drink. I felt there were fewer actual "food" options at the booths this year and more desserts and sweets. Boo. Candlelight Processional was enjoyable as always - we were able to sit down 5 min after it started without having to wait in line standby at all. Harmonius was...nice. Fine. I actually liked Epcot Forever and I also agree that the barges in the lagoon are an eyesore. Remy is darling, and I lucked out with a boarding group for the second round of virtual queue.

Mon 12/6 - MK. Sucked it up and bought Genie + for myself and my parents for the day even though the concept infuriates me. This was our only day in the park so it was an efficiency call. We used to go to the Christmas Party every year as our only MK park day and once upon a time the value was there for the ticket and what amounted to 8 hours in the park, but the price is now double and the time is now halved so we just bought a regular park ticket. We rope dropped Jungle Cruise which immediately broke down but came back online quickly enough that the wait was only about 25 minutes. When we got off the ride it was up to 70 and never saw it go down the rest of the day. Had to use Genie+ just to get on old standbys like Pirates and Haunted Mansion, both of which had 50+ minute waits. We actually left before the park officially closed which I NEVER do.

The parking at MK is a mess. We parked...somewhere...very far away, by a mountain of some sort, and it was a pretty scary walk back to the car at night since there were no walking paths and we were forced to walk on the same road as cars leaving for the day. I saw quite a few near misses with pedestrians and honestly can't believe the safety issue. Same day just hours earlier we went into the theater for Mickey's Philharmagic and almost got caught in the automatic closing theater doors on the way in. The cast members inside weren't paying any attention to the people still filtering in and we probably should have been held for the next show but no one was supervising the line entry. Two safety issues in one day left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

Tuesday 12/7 - pool day. Breakfast at Boma (where did my goat cheese scrambled eggs go???) and dinner at Narcoossee's which was EXCELLENT. Service was lovely also.

Weds 12/8 - AK in the morning - I don't have much interest in this park but we did do Dinosaur and the Safari, which I always enjoy. Really didn't appreciate having to wait until 2pm to park hop since I was ready to leave by around noon. HS in the afternoon - didn't have Genie+ here, so we didn't do a lot of the big rides. My days of Aerosmith are behind me, and I'm not a Star Wars person so I didn't bother with the 105 min wait for RotR, but we did do Toy Story Mania, Smuggler's Run, Muppets, the Railway, and had some cocktails at the Brown Derby Lounge. We also rode the Skyliner around just because, and wound up grabbing some dessert in Epcot.

Thursday 12/9 - another chill day. Disney Springs in the afternoon - much more pleasant. Good dinner at the Boathouse and dessert at Ghiradelli. Dockside Margaritas is always a great time too.

Friday 12/10 - Epcot again. Probably didn't need to have a second day in Epcot but we've done it for years and usually it's my favorite park. It still is but it's definitely in a rough patch right now. Still crowded, still long lines for kiosks, but a nice day nonetheless. Didn't see CP or Harmonius again when usually we would go a second round. The orange drink booth had re-opened and I considered that our pixie dust for the week. I'll take it.

Overall - a bad day in Disney is usually better than no Disney, but this time around when I really wanted to feel the Disney magic I couldn't quite find it anywhere. I saw lots of cast members playing on their phones and generally checked out, lots of dirty bathrooms and garbage, a disappointing lack of merch (I echo the person who noted the dearth of Christmas ornaments - my parents have an ornament from every year going back to the early 90s - THIS is the year they don't produce those???). Everything felt like a money grab - even the parking attendants who kept asking if we were purchasing "preferred parking" as the standard. I felt like I was in the Hunger Games trying to get dinner reservations and Genie+ times, and was glued to my phone the whole week.

All in all, the bloom is off the rose for me right now. I'm normally a complete Disney stan but I think this week did me in for awhile. I just can't pay premium prices for this sub-par experience, as much as I hate to say it. I don't see myself going over to Universal either - I'm not a theme park person, I'm a DISNEY person. So hopefully they sort themselves out and this isn't the new normal. But it was a disappointing week where a bunch of small things added up to an overall negative experience.
Your description sounds like a fantastic WSW experience to me

The food lines in epcot tonight were not bad in spite of it being very crowded. We entered the standby line for the Processional at around 6:30 p.m. The line was super long but we got in and had decent seats. Andy Garcia was the host and he did a super job. It was very inspirational!

Today I had reservations at MK. I had planned on getting on the bus around 7:30 but you know best laid plans and all. I woke at 3:30 with an old woman hot flash and got back to sleep so didn't wake up until around 7. Thankfully I had taken a shower before I went to bed so was at the bus stop in time to get to MK for the 8 am running of the bulls. I was at the rope drop in Adventure Land though so off to Jingle Cruise me and a couple hundred of my friends went. It really was just a walk on even with the crowd. Went to Pirates after that, posted 10 min., it was a walk on (and I got soaked). After that I grabbed a breakfast sandwich and cup of coffee and sat on the platform in front of the arcade and just enjoyed my breakfast watching people. Haunted Mansion next, posted 30 min, it was 20. Peter Pan next, posted 45 it was 30. I had promised my hubby I'd do Country Bears, which I rarely do so off to see some singing Bears. It was fun. Then off to see some presidents, I followed the Tinkerbell float all the way from the bears to the presidents (she is my favorite so I was good with that). I got there early enough to wander around and look at all the exhibits, I hadn't seen that show in years so I enjoyed it. Then I went to the little GS location across from the Christmas shop to swap out my AP card for one of the new 50th ones. Then off to Winnie the Pooh to bounce a little. Posted 30 min. it was about 20 and we got stopped a few times but in good spots. Then did some shopping down main street and off to GF to see the gingerbread house and tree. Wandered around there for a while until time to hop, took the monorail to Epcot. I was really just passing through to grab some food at booths on my way to HS. Ate at the Hawaii booth, it was o.k. but dry as all heck. Got another cookie for the cookie stroll and made my way out the IG. Walked over to BC and spent some time there looking at the carousel then went to YC and looked at the little village for a while. Took the boat over to HS. Tom. is actually my HS day but I love it at night so wasn't really there for much of anything. Went and saw Beauty and Beast (if you wear mickey ears please take them off at shows) then over to ToT. Posted 45 min. wait, it was 30. After I got off I decided to wait list HBD lounge, it was going to be 55 min. so went up to the main drag and walked around the shops. Got my push notification after 15 min. Had one of the best and most expensive hamburgers and glass of wine I've ever had. It was dark by then and I love SDD at night so even though it was posted 70 min. wait I wandered over there. It was indeed 70 min but I got in a car with a little girl whose Mama and little brother were in the seat behind and I had a blast watching her hoop and holler and had a nice conversation with her when we got stalled for awhile. Made my way out of the park, stopping to admire the tree and all the street lights, wandered over to see ToT projections and got a cookie for the room.

All in all, another good day. All the CM's I've encountered have been great, there have been a few semi-rude guests but nothing horrible and certainly nothing to ruin my trip. Between last night and this morning, I've done pretty much all I wanted to do at MK, I do have reservations for there on Thurs. so I'll just pop in for a few hours then go off to visit AKL to see the decorations. There isn't a whole lot left at HS I really want to ride, I can take or leave all the Star Wars stuff and I'm still hurt about MMRR replacing my beloved GMR. I've ridden the ride a few times and it's just o.k. for me. I can't ride RNRC, hurts my neck. I have a reservation there tom. so I might and might not get up early and go.

Today I had reservations at MK. I had planned on getting on the bus around 7:30 but you know best laid plans and all. I woke at 3:30 with an old woman hot flash and got back to sleep so didn't wake up until around 7. Thankfully I had taken a shower before I went to bed so was at the bus stop in time to get to MK for the 8 am running of the bulls. I was at the rope drop in Adventure Land though so off to Jingle Cruise me and a couple hundred of my friends went. It really was just a walk on even with the crowd. Went to Pirates after that, posted 10 min., it was a walk on (and I got soaked). After that I grabbed a breakfast sandwich and cup of coffee and sat on the platform in front of the arcade and just enjoyed my breakfast watching people. Haunted Mansion next, posted 30 min, it was 20. Peter Pan next, posted 45 it was 30. I had promised my hubby I'd do Country Bears, which I rarely do so off to see some singing Bears. It was fun. Then off to see some presidents, I followed the Tinkerbell float all the way from the bears to the presidents (she is my favorite so I was good with that). I got there early enough to wander around and look at all the exhibits, I hadn't seen that show in years so I enjoyed it. Then I went to the little GS location across from the Christmas shop to swap out my AP card for one of the new 50th ones. Then off to Winnie the Pooh to bounce a little. Posted 30 min. it was about 20 and we got stopped a few times but in good spots. Then did some shopping down main street and off to GF to see the gingerbread house and tree. Wandered around there for a while until time to hop, took the monorail to Epcot. I was really just passing through to grab some food at booths on my way to HS. Ate at the Hawaii booth, it was o.k. but dry as all heck. Got another cookie for the cookie stroll and made my way out the IG. Walked over to BC and spent some time there looking at the carousel then went to YC and looked at the little village for a while. Took the boat over to HS. Tom. is actually my HS day but I love it at night so wasn't really there for much of anything. Went and saw Beauty and Beast (if you wear mickey ears please take them off at shows) then over to ToT. Posted 45 min. wait, it was 30. After I got off I decided to wait list HBD lounge, it was going to be 55 min. so went up to the main drag and walked around the shops. Got my push notification after 15 min. Had one of the best and most expensive hamburgers and glass of wine I've ever had. It was dark by then and I love SDD at night so even though it was posted 70 min. wait I wandered over there. It was indeed 70 min but I got in a car with a little girl whose Mama and little brother were in the seat behind and I had a blast watching her hoop and holler and had a nice conversation with her when we got stalled for awhile. Made my way out of the park, stopping to admire the tree and all the street lights, wandered over to see ToT projections and got a cookie for the room.

All in all, another good day. All the CM's I've encountered have been great, there have been a few semi-rude guests but nothing horrible and certainly nothing to ruin my trip. Between last night and this morning, I've done pretty much all I wanted to do at MK, I do have reservations for there on Thurs. so I'll just pop in for a few hours then go off to visit AKL to see the decorations. There isn't a whole lot left at HS I really want to ride, I can take or leave all the Star Wars stuff and I'm still hurt about MMRR replacing my beloved GMR. I've ridden the ride a few times and it's just o.k. for me. I can't ride RNRC, hurts my neck. I have a reservation there tom. so I might and might not get up early and go.
That sounds like a really lovely day. Happy for you!

Epcot today. Stayed til the end and my feet feel it. Rode Soaring twice, Miss. Space, Spaceship Earth, Test Track twice, Remy, Frozen. We had great viewing for the show. Once again no Genie and we did not need it. My only disappointment....I can't seem to find any thing to buy at least my hubby is happy. Club Cool was almost empty but pretty sticky!!!

Magic Kingdom was insanity with the day guests to the after hours and for an after hours event it legit felt more packed than a Christmas party. Absolutely loved having snow on Main Street with my son watching the parade there’s nothing like that feeling in the world, but my word I’ve been going for years it’s the most packed I’ve seen in a long time.

also I had to walk back to Scar after a long day…my feet :(

Just got back after spending 5 days at the parks/resort from the 12/7-12. Me, my wife and our 6 year old. I will bullet point my thoughts, as I like bullet pointing thoughts.

• Grand Floridian was a pretty usual experience outside of a couple closed restaurants. Room service still available. Pretty decorations. Gingerbread house. Poolside service. Friendly, friendly employees. Still tons of kids stuff like movie night, tie dye t shirt making, letters to santa, ornament making, etc,
  • The parks were crowded for realz. This did not bother me because we are not park warriors and we...
  • ....did Genie+ and did not shy away from buying the lightning lane. This helped, because my day at Hollywood Studios included Rise of the Resistance, Runaway Railway, Toy Story Mania and Slinky Dog all within 90ish minutes of each other. Then we walked onto Swirling Saucers. Then we had a character meal at Hollywood & Vine which my 6 year old loved. Then we went back to the hotel and chilled by the pool. I could see others finding this day horrible with their own vacay preferences, but we were quite satisfied,
  • I had to wake up at 7 to play on Genie+, which was fine for me because I am up early anyway. I let my family sleep. But this could suck for you.
  • Character meals and interactions are not bad and move faster with the selfie thing going on. My daughter enjoyed posing in front of them a lot.
  • Cinderella's Royal Table is the exception. You can't pose in front of her. They are incredibly strict about not leaving your seat when she is out there. Avoid until things calm down IMO.
  • We did the xmas party. It was fine. It was much more crowded than other after hours, but much less crowded than the old party. Road a bunch of rides, longest wait was 15 minutes for 7 Dwarf. Entertainment was pretty good, too. I found it worth the money, but I am not a harsh judge of value.
  • The flash parades are pretty cool. My daughter loved them. Music starts, she ran to a spot near the street, watched them go by for 5 minutes, we moved on. 5 star,
  • Epcot is a maze with the construction. I assumed people were exaggerating, but it is not ideal. If you go often? Uber yourself to the Yacht Club and hit up the international gateway and get in that way. Ride Remy and Frozen and stroll around. If you are going into Future World (or whatever they are calling it now) use surgical quick strikes to get what you want. It is not scenic or fun to walk around,
  • We did not go to AK. My daughter likes the safari, but that is about it.
  • We did not encounter a rude employee or overflowing trash cans. I am not saying it never happens, I am just saying I did not have that experience.
  • Lack of maid service was not ideal, but less horrible than I thought it would be. My wife was even ok with it, and she is a bit anal about things like that.
  • Busses and monorails were quick IMO with friendly drivers. This may or may not be due to the specific resort.
  • Most people were cool with indoor masks and I didn't see anyone be mean to a CM.
  • Dining was the usual. California Grill 50th Dinner was oddly delicious by Disney standards. Chef Mickey's was the usual bad food but character meal craziness with my kid losing her mind. No long waits if you had rezzies and the servers were friendly and attentive.

We are going back in February for 4 days. We still like it very very much. But we go there a very specific way. Not park warriors, Willing to pay for perks. Don't do the magical express. We don't have a car there. We have a Delta hub in our city so the flight is painless and pleasant.

I totally get why some people are very put off, but if the vacay above is your kind of vacay? You're gonna have a nice time.

Last edited:
Just back from a long weekend staying at Saratoga. We did The Studios Friday morning, and Epcot Friday night. AK Saturday morning and MK Saturday night. Followed by Studios Sunday and Epcot Sunday night.

It was crowded, but manageable. We did Genie+ all 3 days for 6 and 8 people. and we paid for the LL access for 2 rides each day. So we dropped and extra $500 on access we didn't use to have to do. It was worth it for only 3 days in the parks.

We ate at san angel in (Mexico), Liberty tavern, Ohana. Everything was ok...not great, but ok.

I think the next time we do a 7 day trip, we would not to Genie + for every day for sure.

Overall, it was a great trip, just hope the sort out the Epcot construction before next December.

Finally saw Harmonious and it was ok. Liked the hardware, but I think they can choose better music to go with it.

They need to increase capacity at the food kiosks. Waiting 30 minutes for 2 bites of food is not fun at all.

Writing from AKL. We've been here since the 12th. Leaving on the 21st. Spent a night at GDT on the 12th, then came over to AKL.

GDT is lovely. We'd never been there before and will probably go back. It's a beautiful building and our room was lovely, with a view of the MK fireworks. Loved that. Didn't love that bell services was AWOL. We took our bags up to our room on a luggage cart ourselves and did the same when we left.

Now at AKL, where we were asked if we wanted housekeeping. Yes, we do. We are supposed to be getting trash+towels every other day and on the 4th and 8th day a complete service. So far we have gotten zero service and we've been here 3 days. I called and they brought towels--all bath towels, btw--and I had to beg the fellow who brought them to remove the trash. I gather that the housekeeping staff here is very very very new.

Nevertheless for about $650/night, I'd kinda like at least the meagre trash+towel service we were promised. I'll talk to the front desk about it tomorrow.

Meanwhile, G+ and ILL$ . . . Well, as I said to my sister this afternoon, we're doing less and paying more. That's about the size of it. To the people who are miraculously fitting G+ into their day's schedule, I salute you. We have been unable to manage such an astounding feat.

So far we have used G+ for 2 rides max (at DAK 2 days ago) and for 0 rides minimum (at DHS yesterday). I talked to someone at GET yesterday and they actually refunded my G+ money. Perhaps because I'd also bought ILL$ for RotR and didn't complain about it despite having to wait around forever to ride it. We were actually lucky that we got to do RotR yesterday as it was down a huge portion of the day. We got in during a moment when it was up and running. We love RotR and were not horribly unhappy to have to pay for it.

We've now paid ILL$ for FoP twice and today used our G+ for only the safari at DAK since by the time we went to order another G+ the times for NRJ, which was the only other thing we wanted to do, were so far into the late afternoon that they were useless to us.

Upcharges today, including tax, slightly rounded up: $16x2 for G+ and $12x2 for ILL$ = $56 for two people to ride FoP and KS. Kinda stunning. $14/person/ride.

We're going to Epcot tomorrow and I refuse to buy G+. We're going to RD Soarin', hope for the best for SE, and sink our hard-earned dollars into ILL$ for Remy. Interrupted by lunch at R&C, assuming we can get the time we want for Remy.

There are a LOT of people here. I mean a LOT.

And there are a lot of CMs who are very very very new.

Mask compliance has seemed relatively good.

The beautiful winter puppets are out at DAK. Love them. Love the view from our savanna-view room at AKL. Still love Disney, but, hear me, WDW, you are making it hard to love you. Please stop nickel-and-diming us. And I do not love having to plan every day at 7 am then wonder if the G+ gamble will work out for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter