• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There are some twitter pics in the pinned ROTR thread. No thank you. That line/crowd is crazy.
Not good news for when I show up. I've ridden a few times but my husband never has. I'm hoping genie will be in play ut unlikely since I'm going next week

Not good news for when I show up. I've ridden a few times but my husband never has. I'm hoping genie will be in play ut unlikely since I'm going next week

We are headed to DHS tomorrow morning. Most of our group has been on the ride several times. Those who have said no way to waiting in that mess. We all told the others that they are on their own if they want to wait around for it.

We are headed to DHS tomorrow morning. Most of our group has been on the ride several times. Those who have said no way to waiting in that mess. We all told the others that they are on their own if they want to wait around for it.
I think I'll wait till end of the night.

I think I'll wait till end of the night.
You may wish to keep an eye on how things go today. At 9:40am current wait time were up over 3.5 hours at 220mins. This is one of the rare times when I can see them closing the queue prior to park closing but that's only a guess. We'll see what happens today.

You may wish to keep an eye on how things go today. At 9:40am current wait time were up over 3.5 hours at 220mins. This is one of the rare times when I can see them closing the queue prior to park closing but that's only a guess. We'll see what happens today.
I've got a few days till we are in HS. I'll definitely be watching

I wonder if going to standby for a while is the only way for Disney to get the data it needs on ride demand

I wonder if going to standby for a while is the only way for Disney to get the data it needs on ride demand

Seems like a good way (along with inflated wait times for other attractions) to get guests to pay for front of the line access or whatever they're calling it.

We arrived at HS just as they opened at 8:30. Walked towards RoR but it was backed up to the M&G for Olaf. Skipped it and did MMRR twice, first time 15 min wait, 2nd time about 30 minutes. Then moved on to TSMM which took 25 minutes to get through. Alien SS was next and took 20 minutes. I noticed the RoR time had been decreasing all morning so hoofed it over and got in line at 10:55. The line moved steadily through the cue and we arrived at the pre-show in 15 minutes. Off the ride by 11:35. So 35-40 minutes start to finish. Off to lunch and a round of golf.

We arrived at HS just as they opened at 8:30. Walked towards RoR but it was backed up to the M&G for Olaf. Skipped it and did MMRR twice, first time 15 min wait, 2nd time about 30 minutes. Then moved on to TSMM which took 25 minutes to get through. Alien SS was next and took 20 minutes. I noticed the RoR time had been decreasing all morning so hoofed it over and got in line at 10:55. The line moved steadily through the cue and we arrived at the pre-show in 15 minutes. Off the ride by 11:35. So 35-40 minutes start to finish. Off to lunch and a round of golf.

Just confirming based on the times quoted and when posted, were you off at 11:35 or 12:35? Want to be sure the information I'm sharing on another thread.

In 1974 I took my first trip to Walt Disney World with my parents and it has been a source of many happy trips. This is the first time I am have returned truly disappointed. There were certainly moments of fun and joy this time, but those were sapped by malfunctions, moments of frustration and an impersonalness by the Cast Members.

The trip was for a night in Polynesian resort, a trip to Boo Bash, then after sleeping in, an afternoon in Animal Kingdom. I brought my 9 year old daughter and her best friend (who had never been to any theme park) as a surprise. They screamed uncontrollably upon seeing the Disney sign upon our arrival.

The problems started with a minor error on a mobile order at Boo Bash that I had to bring up my receipt to prove that I both ordered at the location and it was an omitted item. Not a huge deal, but the start of a pattern that quickly emerged through a series of ride malfunctions. Towards end of night we were stuck on 7DMT for 10-15 minutes . Neither huge problems, but these time consuming problems do suck in a 3 hour event.

Next day our first ride as waiting inline for Kali when it broke down while we waited then when we finally did get on it broke down a second time while ascending the first hill. The ride needed to be brought down and we were evacuated. After a successful ride of Everest, we decided to get out of sun by riding dinosaur. Again, the ride broke down upon getting in line. After it came back up and we rode it successfully, I inquired what to do next. My daughters friend responded, "I don't care, but I don't want it to break down. Maybe we should leave?"

Ironically the worst part was not just the 4 broke rides in 24 hours and my first ever ride evacuation, it was the cast members and how we were treated. Never during the entire trip did anyone try any sort of ability to empathize. The only Disney employees who spoke to my daughter or her friend were giving instructions such as, "pull yellow tab, watch step, etc." The only information ever provided during any of the 4 events was the automated evacuation message. When the two younger children who shared our Kali raft started overheating and crying and the evacuation squad showed up (a team of 2 that did 4 rafts), they did not ask if the young kids or anyone else was even ok. In fact no one asked any of us how we were doing the entire trip. No matter how many things went wrong, no one said sorry the entire trip. They didn't look like bad people. They looked tired, overworked and just didn't care.

At one point a cast member reportedly tried to blame the guests in the neighboring raft for "breaking the ride". The guests went ballistic and started yelling at the cast members. Besides being overheated and tired, now we were very uncomfortable.

After this hour and a half ordeal they gave a small bottle of water and a fastpass for, "Not Pandora." They didn't say sorry. Didn't ask if this was good or how we were feeling. Never acknowledged the girls existence. Just kind of take it and move on please.

The longest wait at this point for not Kali and not Pandora was Everest at 11 minutes. I mentioned this was not really compenation for such a long and uncomfortable ordeal, what else could they do? Her one word response was "nothing." She stared back, I assume waiting for me to vent on her, but I find that neither appropriate nor satisfying. I just left understanding the message very clear as..I don't care if you are happy or satisfied, I did my job, go find happiness elsewhere.

It was really the feeling conveyed of the entire trip, and it is painfully clear to me that the magic of Disney was largely created by the cast members that worked there. Whether through COVID or management culture shift, that impersonal change of treating people as numbers now exists at the cast member level. I am usually excited for my next trip, but not currently. As far as my daughter's friend, somehow I get the feeling that is a potential customer lost forever.

I am so sorry this happened to you. I can't imagine how frustrating and disappointing that must have been. Not that it's any consolation, but I do believe this was a series of unfortunate one-offs that came together here. It's not acceptable, though, and you have every right to be irritated.

You basically described my trip to Disneyland a few years ago before COVID. In 2 days I made it on to a whopping 2 rides, everything kept breaking down. The cast members kept making sarcastic and snide comments about what bad luck I was having. The last straw was when one actually told me too bad, so sad.

I would never discount one person's report, especially one as thoughtfully presented as yours. You are obviously an experienced visitor who was legitimately disappointed in your experiences this trip.

But I also hope people don't think that this means there is necessarily a pervasive issue with customer service and interactions. We have visited four times since reopening, including just a few weeks ago, and had some of the most magical, friendly, helpful, heartwarming interactions with cast members that we have ever had.

I do hope that if/when you return, you have a better experience.

I do have one correction to make in my wife did have a wonderful conversation with one cast member in the guest shop who was very nice and asked her about her stay. While my wife did notice the same unfortunate series of events, I did want to acknowledge that my wife did meet one amazing cast member.

We (DS15 and I) just got back from a 9/15-9/19 stay at the Beach Club. We had a slight delay on our flight down and landed at 8:00pm instead of 7:30. Only 2 families ahead of us for ME but we waited on the bus a bit before leaving. BC was the 3rd stop and we were a little late for our 9:10 Beaches & Cream reservation but they were able to seat us.

We loved mobile ordering! We'd place an order while in line, press I'm here while walking to the restaurant and only waited more than 2-3 minutes once and that was ordering lunch @ ABC commissary at 12:00.

Thursday 9/16 was all about Galaxy's Edge. We got BG 42 (used wifi in our room). It was down a lot of the morning and we didn't get called until about 1:45. We left the BC @ 7:45, stopped at the Boardwalk Bakery for Mickey muffins and walked over for an 8:45 Savi's reservation. This was amazing and totally worth it! I mobile ordered the Rising Moon overnight oats from Ronto Roasters while DS explored and then we headed to Oga's for 9:45. Loved it there! He had the Carbon Freeze and I had the Jabba juice. Both were excellent!! We took lots of pictures on our own and with photopass before heading over to ToT (20 min wait, posted 40). RnR was down so we went over for TSMM (15 min wait, posted 25). We headed back to GE and got in line for MFSR (40 min wait, posted 70). Got some blue and green milks (DS liked the blue and I liked the green) then our BG was called. We had lunch at Sci-Fi @2:35. Checked in @2:20 and were seated by 2:30. After lunch we headed back for some time @ Stormalong Bay and then went back to the DHS around 6:00 to see GE at night and do some lightsaber pictures. We jumped on MMRR (15 min wait, posted 25) then mostly just explored - DS did some of the Disney Play missions. We ordered dinner @ Docking Bay 7 and then it was dark so did a bunch of nighttime photos with his lightsaber. Jumped in line for MFSR @ 8:58 and mostly just walked on. There was almost no one left in GE when we got off and I got this shot

(to be cont)View attachment 606197

It's been a crazy couple days getting back into work!

Friday 9/17 - MK day and Boo Bash. We got the bus at 8:00 from Beach Club to MK. We were through the entrance and on Main St by 8:20. I got in line for Starbucks (love the new park exclusive cups!) while DS browsed the stores. He wanted to start with BTMRR so we lined up headed to Frontierland. They held us at the rope to Liberty Square until 9 and then we hit another rope into Frontierland. They told us the Big Thunder would be open but Splash would have a slight delay and then we all moseyed on over to the rides. We had a great morning this was all done by 1:30 - BTMRR x2, Splash, Pirates, mobile ordered Kakamora shakes with immediate pick-up, ate them and saw a cavalcade while headed to Haunted Mansion. Fantasyland still had long lines for everything so we decided to wait for Boo Bash for PP and Mine Train. Then off to Tomorrowland for Space Mountain x2, Buzz, Carnitas nachos at Pecos Bill then back to Big Thunder x2. As we were pulling into the station it started to rain. By the time we got off the train it was pouring! We did Small World and then left to go back to the Beach Club at 1:30. Rain had stopped by the time we got there so we spent a couple hours at Stormalong Bay.
We headed back to MK around 5:00. Mobile ordered from Casey's while on the bus and got a table right outside. Watched another calvalcade go by then headed back to Frontierland for another ride on BTMRR (it's a favorite for both of us!), looked through the shop @ PotC and then picked up our wristbands @ Tortuga Tavern. Back to Tomorrowland for Space x2 and Buzz again. At 7:45 I found a spot by Casey's for the fireworks while DS went to ride BTMRR a few more times. I met him back there afterwards and we did 2 more rides on BTMRR and then hit the trick or treat line by Splash. I got the mocha drink at the Outpost while he did the trick or treat line @ Pecos Bills. Haunted Mansion and then the pictures outside with the old lantern. She had us look to the side and act scared but nothing was added to the photo so not sure what we were scared of. Back to Tomorrowland for trick or treating and People Mover. Then Speedway and a few more trick or treating spots. We finished the night with Peter Pan and 3 rides on Mine Train. We got to the bus stop @ 12:15 as a bus pulled up and were back in our room by 12:35.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter