• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here we go again.. Time to mobilize

lolakat

DIS Veteran
About 3 years ago I started a journal here on the WISH board. In it I recoreded my journey from non-runner to half marathoner. I was successful and made it from the couch to the Disney 1/2 marathon in January 2011 and lost about 55lbs along the way. I actually kept running and did the half again in 2012 plus a few other non-Disney races. I was training for the Disney full when I had an injury that set me back tremendously. Basically I had plantar fascitis and didn't adress it early on so I kept running on it and develped tendonitis in that foot and ankle. Last Novermber after an 18 mile long run that left me barely able to walk for 2 weeks, I threw in the towel and aknowledged that I had to take a break from running in order to heal. I have not ran at all for almost a year now but after several months in PT my foot is much better. Without a goal to train for my whole nutrition/excerise program went off track and before I knew it I had fallen back into my hold habits, the weight came back to prove it!

Anyway, so here I am at my top weight again and feeling blob like. I've been putting off doing something about it for too long. Last time around I found my DIS journal to be very helpful for keeping me motivated so I want to use it agian. Hopefully it well help to jump start my return to helathy eatting and physical activity.

So where am I now:
Weight: 247
BMI: 35.4
Size: 18W (snug)
Physical Activity: None

Short Term Goals:
-Lose 10 lbs by 10/28.
-Fit comfortably in all my 18W pants and some 18M pants
-Add 30 minutes of physical activity 2-3x per week.

Mid Term Goals
-Lose 25 lbs and fit in my size 18 M pants by Christmas
-Complete C25K program by Christmas
-Weigh in at 200 lbs or less by March 1st and fit in my size 16 pants

Long Term Goals
-Goal weight (TBD: Some where between 185-165) by May 10
-Train for and complete Fall 2014 1/2 Marathon

How am I going to do it? I'm going to use a lot of the same tools I did last time around. I have always been a WW girl but right now WW meetings don't really fit my work schedule. I'm going to try to apply the WW principles and do my own weigh in at home each Monday. If that is not enough structure I may join WW on line. I'm going to use the C25K program which worked for me last time but I may have to start even slower and keep my foot injury in mind. If running doesnt' work out I will have to come up with a plan B. I'd like to add in some weight training but I'm not sure yet exactly how I will do that. For the begining I think cardio is most importnant anyway. I'll take some photos today in my running clothes so I'll have something visual to compare with. I'll use this journal regularly to track my progress and reassess my goals. I think it really helped me last time around. So..... here we go again :)

Thanks for reading, any supporter's comments are welcome!

Week 1 ended on Monday. It didn't go quite as smoothly as I hoped. I had a conference out of town and there was a bit too much eatting and drinking out. In spite of that I did manage to come down a couple of pounds. I have not added regular excersise yet. Maybe next week when my work schedule lightens up a bit.

Week 1 weight in 10/1
-Weight 244
-Weekly loss 3lbs
-Total loss 3lbs

Well.... it's a start anyway. This week is going better. Might get to say goodbye to the 240s....we'll see.

Almost at end of week 2. I am trapped at work this weekend but the weather outside is rainy anyway. The week overall has been going much better than last week. One stratagy I am using is completely avoiding the cafeteria at work. I'm bringing Chobani yogurts to eat for lunch and I have a bit of oatmeal for breakfast. I haven't been as "good" as I should about dinner but the weight is coming off bit by bit. Also this week was my mother's birthday so I did indulge in some B-day cake. I did avoid some other temptations. As a matter of fact a bunch of folks here are ordering from a greesy cheeseburger place for lunch. I came very close to ordering with them but resisted temptation at the last moment and ate my yogurt instead. Tomorrow is weigh in day so hopefully I will have some good news to post.

Weigh in for week 2:
Weight= 240
Weekly loss= 4lbs
Total loss = 7lbs

Overall this week went much more smoothly than week 1. My goal for week 3 is to start some form of excersize. I'm thinking about starting week 1 of C25K again. I really like the program it is just so hard to get started. Plus I think I feel a little defeated having to start all over again from scratch. It is hard to believe that less than a year ago I was able to take an 18 mile long run and now I am intimidated by 20min on the treadmill.

Yesterday was not a good eatting day. I had to go out for lunch for my Aunt's birthday and although I did order a salad it came dripping with dressing and my family got some not so healthy appitizers. I should not have eatten them but I did. After lunch I felt defeated so the rest of the day was a bit of a loss. This is a very bad habit of mine. If I make one mistake I have trouble just letting go of it an moving on. Instead I use it as an ecuse to let the whole day go bad.... Anyway. That was yesterday and this is a new day. So far so good. I had a skim latte and some yogourt for breakfast. I am meeting my father for lunch. The plan is to order a salad with dressing on the side this time with no appetizers. Big goal for today is I WILL get on the treadmill. I will do day 1 of C25K. I am not commiting to doing the whole program... I'm just going to commit to one day at a time for the moment. I will get my tush on that tredmill for 30min, period, no excuses.

WISH me luck.

I did it! I got my big ole tush on the treadmill last night and did Week 1 Day 1 of the C25K program. There was nothing pretty about it boy was I slow but I did finish the 30 min. So with a 5 min warm up at 3mph then alternating 60 sec "run" at 4mph and 90sec walk at 3.2 mph then 5 min cool down at 3mph I did 1.67 miles at an average pace of 17.96 min/mile. Yes.. I do know how excruciatingly slow that it. But it is a start. I could have gone a bit faster but I am seriously out of shape and I don't want to injure my foot again so slow it is for now. I will plan to do day 2 on Friday.

W1D1
Distance: 1.67 mile
Time: 30 min
Pace: 17.96 min/mile
Interval: 60 sec run (4mph), 90 sec walk (3.2mph)

Good News first...

I just finished
W1D2
Distance: 1.75 miles
Time: 30 min
Pace: 17.14 min/mile
Interval: 60s run (4.2mph) 90s walk(3.2mph) plus 5 min warm up and cool down.

The bad news is that I was attacked by a 1 lb box of linguine and a bag of tostitos over the last 2 days. I honestly don't know what happened. My diet was going really well until yesterday and then I basically just binged for no real reason. As a result the scale is showing a 2lb increase. Why is it so easy to gain and so hard to loose!!! Anyway, I will take my punches this Monday at weigh in but I am still aiming for 237 by 10/28!

I bet you finished October strong. Keep moving forward, you know you can do this! I am also starting on this journey after abdominal surgery so I can relate to the one run at a time mentality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter