Here's a dumb question for you...

B3LM

Disney Fan
We've been saving our change in change jars for the past several months in order to save money for our WDW trip. Does anyone know if I can just take the change to the bank and have them just put it through a change-counting machine?

I know we have something at the grocery store that does that, but the fee on it is pretty steep.

Thanks!
Beth

You have to check with YOUR bank and see if they'll do it without a charge. If you use the supermarket machines count your quarters yourself, use the machine for pennies, nickels and dimes. It will significantly reduce the impact of the fee and still save you time.

My bank doesn't do that, but another bank in town does, so I always take the change to them. There's never been a problem with it, but, of course, I do live in a fairly small town.

My bank counts change with no charge if you have an account with them, but charges if you don't. I'd call your branch and see. Also, at my bank, just the main branch has a coin changer, not the satellite branches, so I'd check that too.

I had been saving change in a large water cooler jug for years. It was difficult to get out and time consuming to count and wrap. For Christmas one year, my DD bought me the tubular coin banks. They each hold a specific coin, nickles, dimes, and quarters and have markings on the side so you know exactly how much is saved. When they are full I wrap one container full. Very easy to do.

Thanks everyone! I did call the bank and they told me that if I brought it in rolled, they'd give me the cash immediately. Otherwise, they'd have to bag it, send it downtown, and then get the cash to me. It wasn't that much so my son and I rolled it last night. In a short time, we saved $70!

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter