HH in Feb?

irish_neverland

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are considering going to HH in Feb. Obviously it will be too cold for a lot of water activities. What other types of activities are availible? Would this be a good trip or a waste of points?

My husband and I are considering going to HH in Feb. Obviously it will be too cold for a lot of water activities. What other types of activities are availible? Would this be a good trip or a waste of points?

I like the beach in winter even though it's too cold to sunbathe or swim. There's lots of shopping in HH and Savanna is not far for sightseeing/shopping.

Waste of points, maybe, but not because its not worth going. I have found that in the winter you can get rooms very inexpensively on CRO and especially member discount cash. The past couple Januarys I went, I was able to get a 1 br for about $130 a night. For that amount, I found it hard to justify using the points. Instead I rented half the number of points I would have needed for the stay, and paid cash instead. I don't know how February runs with school breaks and all, but it's worth looking into.

As for stuff to do, I golf so I'm covered there. My wife loves the restaurants on the island, sightseeing in Savannah and Beaufort, and just relaxing at the resort. It can be a little cold for swimming, but you can sometimes get 70-80 degree days. And there is always the hot tub!

We went one year in February, and there was a wide variety of resort activities. However, sometimes they got cancelled when no one showed up. But they'll run the scheduled activity even for one person-that's how I got a private 3 hour tour of the island with Carol, the CM. Three of us went on the Dolphin watch, and yes, we saw Dolphins. The week before us was in the 80s, but the week we went was the absolute worst weather (50s, windy, etc.), except, of course, for this past Thanksgiving's weather. Come to think of it, I think we bring bad luck to HHI weather-wise-it's always cold and windy when we're there. But was it worth it? Definitely! However, I agree that at that time of year, you can get a 1 BR for $130 on Member's cash so you might want to save the points.

Actually February in the South Carolina/Georgia Low Country can be warm in the daytime (mid 60s and sometimes 70s...and sometimes 40s...it's a dice throw). Not warm enough for swimming (unless you are use to cold water) but there is boating and Kayaking.

You are always welcome to come over to Savannah and spend your tourist dollars here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter