HH in September??

kamgen

DIS Veteran
We have never gone to HH and would love to .
Has anyone been there in late September?
How is it? Crowded? Weather?

Any thoughts are appreciated! :p

It will obviously be as crowded as the summer. You do always have to be concerned about a big wind at that time of the year. However, HH has a fairly good record with hurricanes. The one negative is I believe the no see ums are pretty active at that time of the year. Skin so soft does work on the little critters. I would definitely make my reservations as soon as possible, especially if you want a studio or 1 bedroom.

I don't understand why it would be as crowded as summer since (during the week) people are back to work and kids back to school.
Hmmm....don't know.

How is the weather? I realize it is hurricane season, so it may be very windy.

Any other insights would be great. :)

a mind is a terrible thing to waste. I left out the word "not" before be as crowded as the during the summer. We have visited at this time of the year. The temperatures will be fine. The ocean will still be quite warm. There is always the chance of a storm. HHI has a very good record when it comes to avoiding or being spared from hurricanes. But if one does go up the coast say 200 to 300 hundred miles out, you could get 2 or 3 days of crappy, raining weather. But, then again, you could have highs in the mid eighties all week. Sorry about the typo. I would try and stay out in the buildings and not in the Lodge. It is a better atomsphere, less hotel-like. There are 4 non-smoking studios and 1 bedrooms located away from the lodge. If you are looking for a 2 bedroom then it should be no problem to reserve one at this time.

Thanks baileybrad!
No problem about the typo! I was just a bit concerned to hear it was crowded. Hmmm....I guess we are all prone to losing our minds! :) Not is a word I don't like to hear when it comes to getting a vacation :)

Thanks for the information. Can you request being out of the lodge itself? What rooms are in the lodge, and which out in the buildings?

When you make your reservation just request what buildings that you prefer. The buildings that are non-smoking are 18, 16, 19, 30. I believe that 28 is a smoking building. Again when making the request for either 1 bedroom or studio just ask to be considered for 1 of these 4 buildings before the Lodge itself. I would use all 4 numbers so as not to limit yourselves. I do believe that these are the 5 buildings that have the 1 bedroom and studio combo in them. This is due to the fact that these buildings also contain the 5 grand villas. The other buildings all contain 4 2 bedrooms, side by side and with one on top of each other. In other words, 4 2 bedrooms per building. The larger buildings contain 2 2 bedrooms, 1 studio, 1 1 bedroom, and a grand villa. Doc, is very knowledgeable about the HH resort and hopefully he can correct me if any of this is incorrect. My choice in the Lodge would the top floor (there is an elevator) which I believe is all non-smoking.

BailyBrad has covered it pretty well!

Sept is a nice time to be at HH. Ocean is still warm, temps are nice and crowds much reduced from the busy summer- but there are still crowds. (HH handles crowds very well!)

There are only 21 studios and 21 1BR villas. 16 are in the lodge and the other 5 are beneath the GV's. Buildings 27 and 28 are smoking permitted and both have a GV , 1BR and studio.

I think there are 17- 1BR and 17- Studios which are non-smoking.

Have a great trip!

Thanks to both of you for all the info! I am really looking forward to going to HH for the first time!:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter