HH Lodge and noise

Lil

Mouseketeer
The second part of our vacation was at HH, and it was great.

Our room was located a the Lodge. It was on the second floor, the view was of a tree branch and looking down was a barbeque and stairs. I'm a balcony AM coffee drinker. I would request no to be put in the lodge. Last year we stayed in one of the outer buildings and enjoyed it much more. Not so much of a hotel feeling....riding the elevator from car parked underground to room.

The family above us had lead feet, and I swear too many people in a studio. We woke up to pounding, running, jumping, and heard it every evening. I'm not talking normal noise.....we've stayed at Disney properties for 26 years in a multitude of rooms and locations.

I finally went to the desk and asked if something could be done. The only option offered was a courtesy call........it did absolutely nothing. In fact the noise was worse that night.....I called and asked if 1. Children were left unsupervised. 2. How many people in the studio? 3. When were they checking out? 4. What are you going to do about it? No responses except......we will give them another courtesy call!!!!!!!

Please.......I love Disney........and had a ball at the beach.....dining out.......walking the marina......going to movies......shopping........the combination of VWL and HH was the best vacation ever.

What do you do about noise? Accept it as a part of vacation.

What happened to you in unacceptable. It's never okay to make that much noise in a hotel room. The HH staff messed up and should have taken further steps to ensure those guests quieted down.

We experienced a similar situation in a non-Disney hotel once and the manager of the hotel came to tell the people (a family with young children) that they MUST quiet down. Having him actually come to the room made a big impact and maybe that would have worked in your case. Certainly steps beyond a simple phone call should have been taken.

I felt that HH staff were a little too laid back during our stay. We had to change rooms (because we were in a studio the first night, 1 bedroom rest of stay) and the day of the change both of my children came down with a TERRIBLE stomach virus. I told them of this first thing but they said we couldn't check out of the first room a little late and that the other room wouldn't be ready until 4. I checked back with them several times (as my two kids huddled in the public bathroom with me, which was probably a great annoyance to others) but that room did not become ready until 4 on the dot. The staff just seemed so non-plussed by everything, which is probably what happened to you.

As far as I am concerned, they have an obligation to make sure you have a comfortable stay and they absolutely should have made it clear to the other guests that their behavior was out of line.

The noise issue is interesting. On our stay at OKW in April, we heard absolutely no noise what so ever until our last night. That night the people above us seemed to be walking back and forth continuously. This happened for hours!! The noise wasn't very loud, but you could definitely hear someone walking back and forth. I was able to fall asleep, but it bothered my wife. We thought that it must have been some one with a newborn baby and they were trying to walk them to get them to go to sleep, but the next morning my wife saw a couple, probably in their 60s, coming out of that room.

It wasn't like we could complain because they were making a huge racket, because they weren't. However, it did bother my wife. I'm not sure whether we'll try and ask for a top floor room next time or not. We have 2 young children and we try very hard to make sure that they aren't disturbing other people. I liked having the bottom floor because I knew if the kids were running, which we try hard to stop, that they wouldn't be disturbing anyone, but if my wife can't sleep, she won't have an enjoyable vacation.

Actually, the solution to this problem is the same as the solution to your problem with the handicapped-accessible room: Ask for the top floor. You'll never have to worry about people stomping on your ceiling again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter