HHI at 7 months??

Ok.... Last two weeks of June or anytime in August for a 1 BR. What are my chances??

HH has only 21 1BR villas (and the same number of Studios). Mid-June - mid-August is the busiest time for DVC reservations so the Studios, 1BRs and GVs do go quickly during that time.

Many have reported success finding summer reservations at 7 months. You'll never really know until you try! :)

Good luck!

Chances are much better for Aug rather than June. At 7 months out for June 2013, you would have had difficulty getting anything at HH. For Aug, you could have easily gotten anything other than GV's. Be aware, however, that one of the reasons HH is open first two weeks of Aug even though schools are still out is because that time of year is usually when the beaches are invaded by jellyfish.

Last year i got 7 nights in a 1 br in july at 7 months. It took a lot of effort. In the pre-on line booking days, i called at exactly 9 am 3 days in a row until i was able to get something. It was the hardest i have ever had to work to get a reservation. We loved it and i came back wanting a HHI contract for the 11 month window. You should definately try but be flexible in dates, room type and number of nights and be prepared to try as soon as the booking window opens.

I do hope you get your ressie! but once here you will probably not get to park close to your villa! we are here now and there is absolutely NO enforcement re cars parked along the marina side that do not display their Disney parking permit! and the handicapped spaces close to our villa have been camped in since the weekend! hope you are better able to walk than my husband and I are! I have to drop him off near the villa, then go in search of a parking space and then hike back! fortunately, that is the only drawback to us when we are here. same thing happened in January - but a couple of time I 'hitched' a ride with an emp in their golf cart! pixie dust! ;)

I booked a 2 bedroom for June 23rd to the 29th. at first I booked 6/22-6/29 and then decided the next day that we really should arrive on a Sunday. I went on line to see if 6/23-6/29 was available and it was so I cancelled my original plans and rebooked. This was at the 7 month mark, but was later in the day so I was surprised that the dates were still available.

pb4ugo- The parking situation was my only complaint when we stayed at HHI years ago. My children were teenagers when we were there last so walking a distance was no a problem, but for this trip we will have a 5 year old and a 1 year old...it should be interesting.

Let us know if you are able to do this. I love Hilton Head and would like to stay there again. Only time I have been successful was for Spring break.

In 2009, we got a 1BR in July for 5 nights at 7 month window (we wanted 6, but the 6th night wasn't available). We ended up cancelling the 5th night and added on 3 nights at OKW for a non WDW park trip (did 2 days at Seaworld instead). We ended up adding on HH points so we can guarantee trips there. We plan to go again in Aug 2014 but will not have enough HH points for the entire stay, so we'll book some nights at 11 months out and then will need to add on the rest at 7 months out (with our OKW points).

I had to waitlist for last August at 7 months out. But I would check the website a lot and was able to book a day here, a day there so that I eventually got our 5 days. This was for a 1 bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter