HHI Resort..rollerblades, skaterboarding? since when?

Donna

Where Magic Lives
We're at DHHIR this week for the 4th. We're all having a great time, weather has been great, everyone seems to be having alot of fun. One thing i've noticed that i've never noticed before, there are a few kids rollerblading, skateboarding and riding bikes through the pool area. We've been coming here since 1997 and i always thought this wasn't allowed. They are doing this in full view of CMs who aren't saying anything at all. The other day over by the steps to the mercantile, this young kid, maybe 14, was taking his skateboard DOWN the last 3-4 steps! Then he was flipping it and landing back on it. Of course this was very loud every time he did it. The rec CM's just stood there and didn't say a word.Today, 3 different kids rode their bikes all around the pool and rollerbladers came through also. I did hear one of the CMs say "alot of the guests are breaking the rules" but no one did a thing about it. I can't help but think this is dangerous to other guests, especially when the resort is at capacity this week (i assume). This resort is still a great place to spend our DVC points but i have noticed the high turnover, the same CMs aren't here from year to year like they used to be. That used to be part of its charm. Another thing, Shadow isn't Shadow anymore but I did confirm with everyone's favorite chef (lol) that he's fine, he's just retired and living in a beach house these days. I have to see our new shadow yet. I was just wondering, regarding the skateboarding, etc, have the rules changed? is this now allowed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter