HHI Roll Call, Adoration & Information Thread 2010

Are all the two bedrooms dedicated or some lock-offs? I would prefer a dedicated, is that something I should request?
:confused3

Most of the two-bedrooms are dedicated which is why it's tough to get a studio or one-bedroom unit.

Our first attempt to go to HHI we called at 9am 7-months out for a mid-march stay. We sat on the waitlist until about 40 days out and then decided to just go to WDW instead. The next year we looked at the points charts more carefully and noted that the upgrade in points from a 1bdrm to a 2bdrm isn't all that significant. So, we just booked the 2bdrm at 7 months. We considered waitlisting for a smaller unit, but, thought we might have foster kids to bring with us so kept the 2bdrm.

After being there, I know that I spent a lot more time in the room than at WDW and that I really used the kitchen everyday. So, I wouldn't book anything smaller than a 1bdrm and if I need to book a 2bdrm to get the booking I won't hesitate. Sure, it's extra space that we didn't use, but, it gives us the option to bring someone with us and it keeps us from using the living room as a sleeping space. I think that with 3 people (unless the third was a young baby still sleeping with parents) I'd appreciate the 2bdrm.

We are very excited to be checking in this coming Sunday (Nov 14)! We've never been to HHI before, and it's not very often we get to experience a "new" Disney resort! (we've been to WDW, DLR, DLRP and cruised many times on DCL)

We live in GA, and have never before vacationed in South Carolina, we really don't know what to expect. Is there one thing that you consider a "do not miss"?

So far, our favorite vacations have been at the Vero Beach resort...we are expecting a similar stay at HHI. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

(we are new owners at HHI...got a really good deal on the points, and based on our Vero vacations, are assuming that we will love it at HHI)

We had about an hour's worth of flurries last night and temps in the 20's.
Have not felt this cold in a long time.
New Year's Eve should be in the 60's.
Thank heavens.

Have an amazing time! Are you going to post a trip report?! Happy NEw YearDebsx;)
I plan on a mini one anyone. We'll come home late Sunday, and it's back to work for me Monday, so hopefully I can get it done!

We had about an hour's worth of flurries last night and temps in the 20's.Have not felt this cold in a long time.New Year's Eve should be in the 60's.Thank heavens.

I just looked at that weather forecast and :banana:. we had 40's here one day last week that felt like a heat wave. I can't wait for those warm temps!!!

The dolphin are always around but it's not so comfortble to be on a boat during the Winter.

Boy, do I agree with that! One February it was nice before we left so I almost didn't bring a jacket. Coming back I was all zipped up and still freezing!

You pump it into a tank of fixed volume. So you weigh the tank to measure amount of propane added. The tanks volume remains constant. The volume of a gas has to be measured at a fixed temperature and pressure.

----------------------------------------

simplybarbeques.co.uk

OK - DW and I are thinking about adding on at HHI - we have read such positive reviews - and we are looking for a place to JUST spend time.

A place to relax - a place to chill out - a place to cook a few home cooked meals - grill out some - read a book - sleep in - see some beautiful sunsets - take some long walks - be hammock bums for an entire day - and all that other stuff that normal people do when they go on a vacation with the sole intention of relaxing....

Is HHI the best place to do that?

Any advice on how many points to buys etc?

Thanks in advance! :)

OK - DW and I are thinking about adding on at HHI - we have read such positive reviews - and we are looking for a place to JUST spend time.

A place to relax - a place to chill out - a place to cook a few home cooked meals - grill out some - read a book - sleep in - see some beautiful sunsets - take some long walks - be hammock bums for an entire day - and all that other stuff that normal people do when they go on a vacation with the sole intention of relaxing....

IMO, HHI is definitely the best place to do the type of relaxing you asked about. However, our experience with buying points was, not frustrating, but it took a long time to find. It's such a small resort that it can be real hard to find the number of points you want in the UY you want. But it's sometimes just a matter of timing-who knows, maybe you'll find what you want right away.

i have a question for you experienced vacationers at HHI. I was looking at an older program guide and there was a note about it in reference to lanyards and program buttons. What are these and how does it work? Just trying to get an idea of the different activities for my kids. Also, I saw they rent bait and crab nets. Have you had luck catching these and is it off the pier? How much does it cost? My boys would LOVe that!

i have a question for you experienced vacationers at HHI. I was looking at an older program guide and there was a note about it in reference to lanyards and program buttons. What are these and how does it work? Just trying to get an idea of the different activities for my kids. Also, I saw they rent bait and crab nets. Have you had luck catching these and is it off the pier? How much does it cost? My boys would LOVe that!

Because we didn't made our first trip to HHI until this past October, we certainly don't qualify as experienced HHI'ers. I'll let Simba's Mom and others give you a more detailed answer. However, here is a photo of the activity board which show some of the things to do and the prices. HHI has more things for kids to do in the summer months.

DSCN4349.jpg

We thought we would be travelling there every other year, so we bought 200 points. We bring our grandchildren, so we need a 2 BR. We love it there so much that we alternate one year on points and on year on cash. We have a lot of points at the BCV as well as these, so we don't want to buy more now.

One possibiliy is to go there and pay cash. The HH rack rates are lower than the DVC villas at WDW. As a DVC member you get an additional 25% discount. You could see if it was something you would like to own, and make a better informed decision.
Sandie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter