Hi everybody!! We're back

ElaineM43

Earning My Ears
Had a super time but, had to stay off property as we had just too many rooms to rent to do this right.

We stayed at Holiday Inn Main Gate East and while not a great place, it also wasn't bad either. For our $39/night, we had clean rooms and a bed which is all that's needed.

My brother and I both had ECVs and had no problem with MOST of the transportation. Mears stranded us one night for 2 hrs after Animal Kingdom closed but they called and paid for Checker w/c transport for us. BTW, Checker IS cheaper by a long shot then Mears.

We saw Wishes and it was awesome. After many trips to WDW I finally got to see Tinkerbell!!!!

Sorry to hear about your transportation problems, but sounds like you had a great time anyway.
And, seeing Tinkerbell is special.:jumping1:

Can you tell me more about the transportion? We will also be staying off site, rented a villa. We are planning to rent a WC van for two weeks, as we thought more WC transportion was on site.
Will it take you anywhere or just Disney?

Mears and Checker will take you to other places also but the prices are a world apart.

Example, Mears wc vans can hold 2 ECVs and up to 7 people. Cost is $13 round trip for EACH person to Disney.

Checker, can hold one ECV and up to 4 people for a flat fee of $13.50 one way for the group. This was the price from Animal Kingdom to Holiday Inn Main Gate East.

Our group total using Mears for one day was $91

IF we had used Checker it would have been $54

We have not used either Mears or Checker, but from what I have been told, Checker uses Voyager type wheelchair ramp vans with tie downs (pretty much the same wheelchair ramp vans that many people with wheelchairs own).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter