Hi, I'm Dina and I'm Running

And then......I went to Physical Therapy today and they told me I have tendinitis in both of my ankles. So no running for two weeks and I begin physical therapy for 3 weeks and then I will begin a running program. To reprogram my running.....>_< I did 2 miles on the Elliptical today.

And then......I went to Physical Therapy today and they told me I have tendinitis in both of my ankles. So no running for two weeks and I begin physical therapy for 3 weeks and then I will begin a running program. To reprogram my running.....>_< I did 2 miles on the Elliptical today.

OUCH!!!
Hope you feel better!! :flower3:

-nat

OUCH!!!
Hope you feel better!! :flower3:

-nat

Thanks Nat, it stinks but what can I do? It's out of my realm of influence so I just have to suck it up.

I ended up doing Zumba today because I was to lazy to do anything else. I think I'm going down because I can't really run and I have to be careful now. I think I might do Yoga on Sunday. We have this push up and sit up contest going on at work which is totally cool. I have done 114 push ups in 2 days and I've done 100 sit ups. Hopefully it will help me improve on my fitness tests. I want to do 200 hundred in one sitting someday.

I think I'm going down because I can't really run and I have to be careful now.

What do you mean by this? I hope your not getting depressed about it, although I can see how that would happen. Your body seems very strong so I'm sure it will heal and you can get back to your normal activity. :flower3:

Stay strong!!!
-nat

What do you mean by this? I hope your not getting depressed about it, although I can see how that would happen. Your body seems very strong so I'm sure it will heal and you can get back to your normal activity. :flower3:

Stay strong!!!
-nat

I think it's bothering me because I really want to run and I just simply can't. I know I need to follow the doctors orders. But it stinks. PT starts next week so hopefully that will brighten me up some.

I did Turbo yesterday and then Belly Dance shortly after that. Both were pretty hard work outs. :angel: Made me feel a little better about not running. It made me take a step back and make sure I don't enter races unless I know for sure I can actually go to them. I hope to do a race in March but we'll see........

I walked my dog for about 30 minutes, it was almost a run because he can't seem to walk slowly for some reason....:rotfl:

Blah now I'm sick! Haha I don't know I started to feel weird on Thursday. I told my co-worker I think I might be coming down with something, but I wasn't sure I just didn't feel right. Then Friday I was being to get that air head feeling like your head is floating above your body and it's holding on only by a string. I started to get a sore throat too. Then I woke up this morning and it was full blown. I feel a lot better now that I've taken a long nap I slept for 3 hours! My dog sucks at waking me up when I'm sick. Haha he let me sleep the whole time. I guess your pet kind of knows when your sick.

Anyways weekly wrap up! Did Turbo Kick on Tuesday sadly just as I was getting used to the round we were doing the instructor said next week will be a new round. Then I went to Belly Dance class. I skipped Wednesday because I ended up having to stay at work later. I worked out in a Boot camp class on Thursday but no running still. Then I skipped Friday because I had to come in early. Then I woke up this morning and dropped into a Vinyasa Yoga class which was great! I'll be there again next week!

For my first day at Physical Therapy it was pretty hard, I didn't know my ankles were so weak. We spent the whole hour and a half working on making my ankles stronger and then blasting them with ultrasound and electrods. It was interesting and painful all at the same time but I only have 9 more times I have to go there. So then I can start running again in three weeks! maybe sooner.

Today was Belly Dance and that was a pretty hard class today too, it's really hard to separate your body into isolations and then move each part of yourself in a different direction. It was challenging but so what I needed from the long work day.

After almost two weeks for Physical Therapy I think I'm on the road to recovery. I chanced it today with a run. Only a mile, at first there was a tiny bit of pain and then it went away quickly, it was enough that I could stand but not too bad like it was in the past. They gave me ankle exercises I have to do at home, but over all it's going great on my cruise I might chance more than a mile by the end of the cruise. I would like to run 3 miles but we'll see how I feel each day. I want to work out 5 times at least while I'm there. We'll see I might not work out at all. But knowing me there is a slim chance that will happen. I did a boot camp today and I realized I was beat almost half way through, I guess that's what happens when you don't work out hardly for 3 weeks but it was nice to get back in it and feel where I'm at fitness wise I need to try to get back to where I was before. That might be a bit of a journey though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter