"Hidden Mickeys" for DISers

Thanks to Dan for originally posting this info, and jimmybop for posting it over on the CM board and bringing it to my attention! I just ordered a few copies :)

Ooooooooooooh I 'd love a copy too. :)

I so wish I'd been able to make DISCON II. I'd def. have been on the HM hunt. :)

How can I go about ordering from the UK? What would the shipping be?

Ona ;)

I ordered two copies. Looking forward to receiving them.

Thank you so much for offering this great special. :) And thanks also for giving free shipping to Canada, we are so often left out of deals that it was nice to be able to partake. :) Thanks! Can't wait to get the books!!!!! :)

Originally posted by Ona
How can I go about ordering from the UK? What would the shipping be?

Ona ;)

I think we charged Fantasia Sam $6 for extra postage via air mail to the UK.

If you order, we will advise you of any extra shipping charges and won't charge your card or ship until we get your okay on the additional charges.

http://www.theotherorlando.com/shop/hmspecial.html

BTW, it's my publishing company that puts out Steve's book. :D

Kelly,

The least expensive laser pointer at my nearby Staples Office Superstore now costs about $21. Maybe I got mine on sale at a lower price. They sure work great. I was recently showing folks the Hidden Mickey in the Body Wars mural, and a cast member brought out a flashlight to point out the Mickey. It didn't work well; the light was too diffuse. The laser pointer worked like a charm. Another time, a cast member and I were pointing out the Hidden Mickey at the Garden Grill restaurant to some guests. I didn't have a laser pointer and I tried to use a broom handle to point toward the Mickey! That was awkward. A laser pointer gets the job done.

Steve (HappyDoc ) author of the Hidden Mickeys book and the Hassle-Free Walt Disney World Vacation

Thanks Kelly! :) :) :)

I ordered mine tonight. :) I can't wait to read it. I'm seriously obsessed by Hidden Mickeys. :teeth: And thankyou Steve for writing it! :teeth: Now I can look like I'm doing something interesting when I'm going on HM hunts instead of clutching my wee scraps of paper. :teeth:

The laser pointer sounds like a fab idea. A kind CM pointed out the Body Wars HM to me this summer while I was on one of my hunts and she too used a torch. A laser pointer would indeed, have been much more efficient.

Ona ;)

<font color=navy>Thanks for the offer. :)

I ordered two books, even though I've only been to WDW once - I know I'll go back, and I'll probably give the other as a gift.

If you ever do one for Disneyland, I'll surely buy a few of those, too!!

I have so enjoyed reading my Hidden Mickey book! I try to imagine where they are by Steve's description.

I'll be taking mine to the Ohio DIS meet on Saturday to share with everyone!

I would love to order one, but can only pay by check, or money order, is that possible? Thanks.

monte,

Go to theotherorlando.com/shop/hmspecial.html and check out any recent offers by the Publishers. They should have the information you want.

And thanks to Ona, Mary Jo, and Mickey Nut 50 for your recent comments, and to everyone else who's posted on this thread. There's no greater feeling to an author to hear that others enjoy the book. (You don't know how it's going to turn out while you're writing it). Besides, Hidden Mickeys are just plain enjoyable!

Maybe I'll see you at WDW!

Steven Barrett, author of "The Hassle-Free Walt Disney World Vacation" and the "Hidden Mickeys" book.

Since the offer has ended, if I order the book for $10, do I have to wait until its published or would I get it right away?

Thanks Steven! I had tried the link the other day from work and noticed it wasn't working for me ... I had forgotten about it until today :p I'll check it out in a bit!

Can I order the book now (8 Mar) with the offer no longer valid? How long would it take to receive?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter