HIFS,Caribe Royale or Embassy Suites?

toocute621

Earning My Ears
Hi! I was pretty much set to go with HIFS. I still am, however, ( we're leaning towards Caribe Royale or Enbassy Suites-)I've been told that Caribe Royale and Embassy Suites are better. Anyone have info on either hotel? Thanks a bunch.:D

Embassy Suites tends to be more expensive but has a SIGNIFICANTLY better breakfast (cooked to order) and has a nightly managers cocktail party. The pool tends to be ordinary.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites I-Drive Convention Center location. You're probably looking at the LBV location, but they're probably pretty similar. The breakfast absolutely spoiled us. We usually skipped lunch and just ate an early dinner. The breakfast buffet alone was very good, but when you add the cooked to order grill, it's incredible. I had a ham and cheese omelot every morning. The pools were plain but our hotel had both an indoor and an outdoor pool. That would have been very handy for cold or rainy days.

We didn't find anything we didn't like!

Here's another vote for the Embassy Suites. the breakfasts are terrific and the free cocktails.......... :crazy:

We did one free night at Embassy, they do have better breakfast--mickey mouse pancakes, they did make a good margarita, but the caribe has better pool, we had come from the HR and it wasn't the same class, but it did have a playground. We were there early June, if there's a lot of you never underestimate free breakfast and drinks, you can even order pizza and the kids have drinks it does save you $$$.I don't know about you but after chasing the kids all day that margarita sure does help...

How much did the room cost at the Embassy? Is it a timeshare? Can you purchase there? We stayed at Vistana across the street last week and the Embassy looked pretty sweet! I would have loved to stop and tour but we just didn't have the time...
Thanks!

Hello,
Stayed at HIFS and Caribe. Checked prices both times we went and Embassy was more than either (once Aug. 2000, once Jan. 2001). Choice strictly depends on ages of children. HIFS is great, clean, conveniently located to parks with shuttle service, not particularly fancy, however pool area and resort will appeal to those with younger children (although my parents did LOVE their residential suite). Bkfst buffet was excellent although no "cook to order" or comp. cocktails in the evening like Embassy. Good activites for families with younger children (bingo, kareoke ect. every night) Different layout than Embassy and Caribe as you really do have your own bedroom and the kids have theirs. 3 tv's. Nice extras having an A&W and Pizza Hut Express on site for an inexpensive meal or snack late at night. Also my kids loved the buffet at dinner and have requested to drive back for it even though we will be staying at the Caribe again in 2002. West wing quieter with an ordinary pool (where we stayed - my kids are 12 & 10). East wing has a great pool area geared for younger kids with a zero entry area, water jets, toys, and playground. My kids would have "lived here" if they were younger. Being older, my children adored the pool area of the Caribe with it's water slide and hot tubs. Caribe more of an "upscale feel". Rooms have two queen beds with tv, living area has pull out sofa, tv, refrig. micro.. Really bigger room than HIFS, however different feel - with not as much privacy btw. areas as HIFS. Fancier public areas, bkfst good but not as good as HIFS. No fast food, but fairly expensive deli and 2 in house restaurants. However the rooms are nice and my kids say the pool and slide is "to die for". Heard Embassy rooms are becoming "worn" and pool is ordinary.

What does the Caribe provide for their complimentary breakfast? We're staying there this December and I was just curious what is served.....

Just keep in mind there are a bunch of Embassys, we just stayed at the JC one & the LBV one, I didn't find the rooms "worn" at all. Yes, the pools are ordinary, but I found it well worth the $$ for the huge free breakfast & cocktail receptions. They are also very close to the parks, the JC one is close to USF, and the LBV one is very close to WDW. I would stay at whichever one you get a better deal at. We paid $106.pn at JC in June & $116.pn at the LBV July 4th weekend.

Caribe Bkfst. (in main building) consists of eggs, sausage, ham or bacon, grits or oatmeal, fried potato, french toast or pancakes, muffins, danish, 2-3 types of fresh fruit, cold cereal, coffee, tea, milk, juices. Enough choices to allow you to skip lunch. In each of the 3 hotel towers there is a small lobby in each. A continental breakfast is also set up in each tower for those who prefer to just run down for a quick coffee, muffin, etc. This consists of 3 juices, milk, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, 3-4 types of cold cereal, muffins, danish, bagels w cream cheese/butter, and fresh fruits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter