HIFS for $110 or Vistana Vill. for $86?

magsmouse

Earning My Ears
Planning 7 day trip in May/June next year. Can get HIFS for $110 per night or Vistana Villages for $86. We are family of 5- myself, DH and 3 DD's ages 3,5 and 9. Pool is important! Any opinions?

I have stayed at HIFS and I would choose Vistana villages. Of course you might want to keep in mind that HIFS does have a great kiddie pool with a zero depth entry and water toys etc. Are your kids pretty comfortable in the water? I know The Villages have a large beautiful pool with a waterfall. I'm not sure if there is a kiddie pool but I would assume so. Do a search on this board and you'll come up with lots of information on both.
Good Luck
Jenn

I vote for H.I.F.S. We are a family of 6 four DD 11, 6, 3 and 4 months and we are going back in Decemer and love this hotel for our large family. :p

The Villages has a zero depth entry area, with interactive fountains for kids to play with near the Waterfalls in the main pool. I did not see a Kiddie pool there. near this area is where they also had a nice play area, with some climbing equipment. ... Having just returned from the Villages, I would reccomend staying there! The ride to the parks will only be maybe 3 minutes longer than HIFS.

I guess by Kiddie pool, I meant zero depth entry. Where the kids can actually play in shallow water and be safe. Thank you for posting about the Villages. They sent me a brochure and it looks like a beautiful place. Did they have lots of activities while you were there? Did your kids partcipate in them? How about a shuttle? Thanks for any additional info:~)
Jenn

We haven't tried the Vistana Village, but did stay in the Vistana Resort December of 2000. We loved it! We were very near the HFIS, so I got a peak at it. I would recommend the Vistana. You will have much more room, especially if you get a 2 BR, and a washer/dryer to boot. I don't know about you, but I love having a washer/dryer with small kids. You don't have to pack as much and can do laundry in the room at night. Plus, you get a full sized kitchen - which is handy for breakfast and snacks.

If you are staying at the HIKS it is great!!The only thing is ....if you are not driving and have to rely on the shuttles, they are few and far between. We ended up spending alot of money on taxis. About 22.00 everytime to the TTC....ouch!

As for kid's activities, our 6 year old grandaughter was with us for 2 nights and she just played in the pool. We lounged at the pool almost every day and there were a couple of occasions where the activitity staff was walking around the pool "recruiting" kids for activities. One I especially loved to watch was a big splash competition! First, the kids did there best shot, then the Dads got into it. I'll tell ya, I think the Dads had more fun! We did also recived a handout-schedule with all the activities listed on it. It seemed comparable to other places that had activities, some crafts, some swimming pool related some activitites geared for all ages and bingo. I wish i were going back!

For the size of the unit alone, I would go with VV. The gated entry into the property is also a plus. I would not stay at either resort without a vehicle. The washer and dryer is huge with little ones. The screened in porch area might also be quite nice at that time of the year.

We are a family of 5 (kids ages 6, 4 and 3). We stayed at HIFS for one night before checking into a 3 br/3 ba timeshare. The rooms at HIFS are very compact - and there is only one bathroom. The breakfast is adequate (not worth $24/night). For us, it is quicker to have a full kitchen and give the kids breakfast in the am then go out to a dining area. Having the extra space of a 2 br unit is wonderful! Not to mention the washer and dryer. There is nothing wrong with the HIFS, but for the difference in $$$, I would go with the timeshare. I am sure it will be lovely. Have a great trip!

I would not stay at either, not for those rates anyway! for $100 a night you would get a 3 bedroom house close to the world with all the amenities of the best hotels, Emerald Island Resort will be up and running then, it has everything that HIFS has and more!!! don't pay these inflated prices to stay in 1 or 2 rooms. I have stayed in lots of homes around Disney, and lots of hotels.
If you want more specific info please message me.
Elle

You will not be disappointed with the amenities at VV. You will not believe the interior of these units. The pool area at a house cannot compare with the set-up at VV. The security of a gated entry is also something to consider. I suppose if you have a party of 12 or something, a house might be better but for most the 2 bedroom units at VV will be more than adequate...that is, if you enjoy luxury living on vacation. I live in a house...when I am on vacation I want something extra, and trust me, the VV 2 bedrooms, while not as big, as OKW 2 bedroom units, are nicer than OKW was in its infancy.

"The pool area at a house cannot compare with the set-up at VV. The security of a gated entry is also something to consider."

As I said previously, these resorts offer all that and more!!! the pool areas at Emerald Island Resort and Wyndham Palms leave these hotels and timeshare resorts for dead, and they are gated and luxurious and offer you all the facilities of the best hotels for a fraction of the cost, you do not have to stay at a house with a pool even!!! Use the resort facilities!! Do not Knock it until you try. I agree there are resorts that are not up to scratch but you tend to find these are the ones farther away from the world, hence less popular, hence less money spent on the upkeep.
Off my soap box now.
Elle.

Elle, you brought "houses" into the discussion not me. You enjoy Emerald Isle, etc. That leaves more room for me at VV. How you do you know what is left for dead if you haven't visited a particular resort???

bailybrad,
I have visited both V V and HIFS, I have also visited a lot of the resorts not all I admit, there are far too many, I, like you do live in a house 24/7 and like something different when we go on vacation! You can still have that by staying in one of these resorts, These house's/condo's/townhouse's are all styled and furnished luxuriously (I am not saying your house or mine is not:p ) If you pick the right one's they are landscaped beautifully, secure and have all the facilities of the top hotels plus more, for instance Wyndham Palms has a movie theatre, Emerald Island Resort, although it is not finished yet has a cyber cafe, gym, tot lot, beaches, grills and nature trails, you get all this and the advantage of a spacious townhouse accommodation for less than you would pay for both HIFS and V V, and they are a real and genuine 5 minutes from the world!!!
I am sure there are advantages of staying in hotels/timeshares but I can only think of 1, room service;)
We will have to agree to differ,
Regards,
Elle

After my recent experience at HIFS,( 11/16-23) I would have to say go to Vistana. The management at HIFS was very disappointing- too many things went wrong for the price we paid ($110/night) and nothing was doen to try to make it any better. I have sent an email to them and to Holiday Inn corporate headquarters and hope to get some response. (I am not holding my breath however!)

There you!! go $110 a night and not satisfied, USE A RENTAL HOME!! the only excuse to not do so is if you stay on site, having said that we have stayed at all of the Disney hotels except Grand Floridian (saving that for when the kids leave home;) ) and I would probably now only go back to one!
Resorts like Emerald Island are now catching up with the World and are less pricey.
Elle:cool:

Elle, I thought you got off of your soap box? Anyway, I would stay at the VV. My family and I stayed at the Vistana resort last February and we loved it. Great place, clean, 7 heated pools, tons of room, activities, ect. I have heard the same about the VV. We are staying at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club this coming february and it also looks like a great place. Good luck.

one last time? Do these vacation homes @ the 2 places you mention have daily maid service? For me that is the kicker, I am not making beds on vacation & want to come back to a nice clean room @ the end of the day. Am booked into V Resort 3/13-21/02, but am gathering info for next trip w/ 2 families possibly sharing a vacation home.

Thanks, Karen:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter