• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

hilton head for teens

gharrer

Mouseketeer
My 17yo dd and 20 year old ds are coming to HH in June with their 2 friends. Can anyone suggest activities they might enjoy at night? They will have access to a car. They plan to fish and swim during the day and we will go on a dophin tour.

There are 2 or 3 movie theatres on the island, with first-run movies (if there are any they haven't yet seen ;) ). There are several mini golf places and a couple of arcades close by as well.

A lot of the teens/young adults also seem to congregate at Big Murggie's Den around the pool table.

My kids will be 19 and almost 22 when they come with us this summer and they still haven't complained about being bored! :thumbsup2

I took my 17 yr old DD to HHI last year and evenings were a challenge for us! The Island activities pretty much shut down when the sun goes down! We did the movie theater one night (hard to find due to signage laws), shopped the little mall, walked around the marina area which had alot going on in the evenings with vendors and musicians and planned some dinners down by Harbortown/Sea Pines which kept their shops upon late. Alot of restaurants had outdoor dining with live music, like the Boathouse. We stayed after dinner and listened to their band which was really enjoyable. The resort had two teen nites out while we were there but she opted not to go.

Outside Hilton Head has a teens only kayak tour you can take from Shelter Island---not sure if the 20 yr. old would be eligible though.

There's a lot of nightlife taking place in the strip mall where Mellow Mushroom is (off the Sea Pines Circle, by Harris Teeter) but that might be too much of a bar scene---people go from place to place, but I think at least one caters to the younger non-drinking crowd. Another fun place to hang out at night is Marley's, there's an outdoor ice cream place w/ tables and usually live music running pretty late in the summer.

Mini-golf at night is nice (not as hot) and another popular activity as well as the movies. There's also a bowling alley on island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter