Hilton Head named best beach town for families

We've only been lucky enough to go once so far but we agree, we fell in love with HHI! We tried to WL for a 1BR the first week of April this year but no dice. Hopefully, back to HHI next year!:beach:

Nice. One of the reasons I contemplate purchasing points there on the resale market.

One of the reasons I am on the waitlist for points there;)

We ended up buying points there just so we could book 11 months out. This is the first year in about 5 years that we aren't going and I am already missing it!

Definitely agree. HHI is one of the most frequently visited beach locations by repeat guests.

Saw that too and SO AGREE!! We love HHI, the DVC part and the whole rest of the island!

If it weren't for Disney's Resort, we likely would never have visited HHI!
WE LOVE IT!

It is the perfect beach for us! We love the laid back atmosphere, the natural wild setting around the island, and most of all that it isn't much of a party beach.

Plus, Disney's own little island....within the island... is totally awesome!

We spent the week of July 4th there last year in a Grand Villa, and hope to do the same in 2014.

We spent the week of New Years there in a 1BR with very close friends of ours and their little guy. It was an awesome relaxing week - tons of down time - a hammock nap... or two.... grilling almost every night, the smell of wood smoke in the air, boardgames in out villa every night after our friends son was in bed - it was a PERFECT getaway!

In July I was stung by a jellyfish.... and my 4 year old nephew nursed me back to health, and he reminds me of it almost every time I see him - and no lie, he made quick work of the bucket and shovel to get my leg packed with cool wet sand just like the lifeguard instructed him to do! He's my favorite small human in the entire world!

Thanks to Disney, we made tons of memories last year!

Oh, and just in case you ever need to know...

Fleep is the tuft of hair/fur at the end of a squirrel's tail.

Well.... it really isn't, but that was one of the best Balderdash moments of our New Years week! HAHA

I learned an important lesson as well.... in regard to champagne...
Don't take the wire cage off the cork and hold a cold bottle of champagne in your hand by the neck - the heat from my hand made the air in the neck of the bottle expand and POP.... I'm still not sure I didn't hit someone! It was REALLY dark at Shadow's Point watching the NYE ball drop!!!

If I hit anyone..... I'm sorry! :flower3: HAHAH :)

One of the "best kept secrets" that we learned when we joined DVC. Prior to becoming DVC members, we didn't even know Disney had a resort there. Now Thanksgiving at HHI is a family tradition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter